909 5 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deano_au
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3540466 ft
Australia

Hi folks
I have had my Inspire 1 on ice for a few months while flying our Inspire 2 and need to use it next week for a shoot.
I am running
App - 3.1.13
Remote - 1.7.80
Aircraft - 1.8.1.00
& Camera - 1.10.1.40

I am trying to update the firmware to the latest version for the Inspire 1 but it will not update.  I have formatted a SD card, copied the unzipped file, uisng a new battery on the I1 but it will not read it.  I can write to the card by taking photos/videos with the I1.

Thanks in advance
regards
Dean

2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dean please read my tips page for some ideas:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html

A couple of the big ones are if not using the X3 camera you MUST  choose  from the "product select" the camera system  you wish to update the AC with .  It will default to the X3.

Make sure the BIN file is the only thing on the SD card and NOTHING ELSE .

I would form format the SD card on the AC and then load the firmware via a PC and NOT use a MAC if you are having issues .  Or if using a MAC at the bare minimum format the SD card on the Aircraft .

These are the big ones that are often missed but read my tips page if you dont get it sorted from the above tips .
You must have more than one camera , is that correct ?  Or did you update the Camera FW seperatly ?  The camera is on the latest version  but NOT the AC so  the Camera FW was updated, do you have an OSMO or something ?
Please confirm  what camera you are using , X3 or X5. Or Z3 etc ?

donnie

2017-7-20
Use props
deano_au
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3540466 ft
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-20 04:22
Dean please read my tips page for some ideas:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html

Hi Donnie, thanks for replying.
I owe you big time, thanks for that.
Downloaded the right firmware and all fabulous
thanks heaps
regards
Dean
2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

deano_au Posted at 2017-7-20 18:02
Hi Donnie, thanks for replying.
I owe you big time, thanks for that.
Downloaded the right firmware and all fabulous

No problem , me pleasure !!

donnie
2017-7-21
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie, forgive my inexperienced 2 cents, when updating the firmware on my Osmo I found that formatting on the Osmo netted no update, I then formatted the card in my Mac using "FAT20" and immediately the update worked. I think it's as simple as what you said, there cannot be anything else on the card except the .bin, when you format on the craft or Osmo, by default a folder is created on the card, I believe that is what causes the failure. Please note I tried the format on the Osmo a number of times before going to the Mac though apprehensively. I've yet to update to the latest and greatest as I'm deadly afraid since others have reported issues, and in fact have been holding off on the Go app also.
2017-7-30
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-7-30 18:03
Donnie, forgive my inexperienced 2 cents, when updating the firmware on my Osmo I found that formatting on the Osmo netted no update, I then formatted the card in my Mac using "FAT20" and immediately the update worked. I think it's as simple as what you said, there cannot be anything else on the card except the .bin, when you format on the craft or Osmo, by default a folder is created on the card, I believe that is what causes the failure. Please note I tried the format on the Osmo a number of times before going to the Mac though apprehensively. I've yet to update to the latest and greatest as I'm deadly afraid since others have reported issues, and in fact have been holding off on the Go app also.

If you can , always format  the SD card on the AC, this way you are sure to get a good load of the FW.  also you are correct , you only want that BIN file on the SD card for updating the AC.

I agree with delaying your update.  I personally always wait for at least a month before updating , this way I make sure their are no bugs in the system .

If you do update to the latest FW on the AC RC and go app, I would do it in this order

Update the AC first ( the camera will update as well of course )

then update the Rc transmitter

And lastly update the Go app to the latest one .

Not sure if you can , but I Keep a copy of the Last go app on my MAC , (I tunes ), so I can revert back to a go ap if I find any problems with the latest  update .

Have fun

donnie
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules