Batteries stop charging at 85% please help
2801 13 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mart0713
New
Flight distance : 226024 ft
United Kingdom

hi i have a mavic pro its only a few months old but i have noticed that all 3 of my batterys will only charge to 85% ! has anybody eles had this issue if so how did you sort it thanks in advanced
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Did you update the firmware of the batteries?
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-20 03:54
Did you update the firmware of the batteries?

i have updated the drone and remote is there another way to update the batterys ?
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

mart0713 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:01
i have updated the drone and remote is there another way to update the batterys ?

You have to update all the batteries as well.
Put one battery after the other in the Mavic, check the DJI GO 4 app and wait for the firmware update to finish.
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-20 04:11
You have to update all the batteries as well.
Put one battery after the other in the Mavic, check the DJI GO 4 app and wait for the firmware update to finish.

ok will give this a go and let you no how i get on thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

You probably need to drain the batteries until the Mavic can not fly anymore by holding the throttle stick up when it tries to land on low battery . The internal smart circuitry of the battery displays "Usable Power" and it needs recalibrating to learn the new level as batteries age . When the battery level guage on the app displays 0% there is roughly still 9 volts in the battery . This protects the battery from over discharge . After the battery discharges to a low indicated level it re-learns what 100% is .

Roughly 10 minutes into this video stars a good explanation .
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

mart0713 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:19
ok will give this a go and let you no how i get on thanks

Make sure your phone is connected to the Internet, just in case the updating requires to contact the DJI servers.
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:25
You probably need to drain the batteries until the Mavic can not fly anymore by holding the throttle stick up when it tries to land on low battery . The internal smart circuitry of the battery displays "Usable Power" and it needs recalibrating to learn the new level as batteries age . When the battery level guage on the app displays 0% there is roughly still 9 volts in the battery . This protects the battery from over discharge . After the battery discharges to a low indicated level it re-learns what 100% is .

kook that sounds a little promising i will try this also . also when all 3 batterys charge to 85% the led on the multi charger turns red if thats any help ? i had also tried charging without the multi charger just one battery a time but still won't fully charge
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:25

kook that sounds a little promising i will try this also . also when all 3 batterys charge to 85% the led on the multi charger turns red if thats any help ? i had also tried charging without the multi charger just one battery a time but still won't fully charge
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to fully discharge the batteries, then fully charge them again, see if it works?
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-20 20:24
Have you tried to fully discharge the batteries, then fully charge them again, see if it works?

Sorry for the slow reply i managed to crash my mavic while trying to drain the battery to zero percent lol dont ask how but i broke the gimbal but all repaired now and managed to to find out all along it was my ac charger that was the issue with not fully chargin batterys i tried a different charger and boom all 3 batterys had 100 percent
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mart0713 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:15
Sorry for the slow reply i managed to crash my mavic while trying to drain the battery to zero percent lol dont ask how but i broke the gimbal but all repaired now and managed to to find out all along it was my ac charger that was the issue with not fully chargin batterys i tried a different charger and boom all 3 batterys had 100 percent

So sorry for the crash. Anyway, it is glad to hear that you've got all of them addressed. Hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying.
2017-7-31
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

Chinese technology at its best.... these peeps cannot  do anything right unless it is %100 a copy  of another company/product
2020-8-28
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mart0713 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:15

Where you using the DJI charger or another one?

You cant use a LiPo charger on any of the DJI Mavics.

DJI use LiHv batteries on all Mavics except the Mini that uses LiOn

Cheers
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules