Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wdIYgWm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804 ft
Lebanon

Hi guys,

Am confused on what to buy P4P or P4P+

It will be my 1st drone and after some reading I have noticed some of P4P+ owners complaining of some sort of limitation with their DJI screen!!

I will appreciate your help, thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_wdIYgWm
lvl.2
Lebanon

dcap Posted at 2017-7-20 04:41
P4P all the way. the screen is nice, but the majority of complaints I read here in the forum is always about the pro+

Great, I think I will go to the P4P rather than P4P+
2017-7-20
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4P all the way. the screen is nice, but the majority of complaints I read here in the forum is always about the pro+
2017-7-20
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

djiuser_wdIYgWm Posted at 2017-7-20 04:39
Great, I think I will go to the P4P rather than P4P+

That is just one person's opinion, I have been flying the P4P+ for several months with no problems and the screen is great. Easy to see on bright days and eliminates having to have an additional piece of equipment. If using  add on apps is important to you than yes the P4P would be better but I use mine for commercial photography and love it.
2017-7-20
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Lebanon

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-20 05:01
That is just one person's opinion, I have been flying the P4P+ for several months with no problems and the screen is great. Easy to see on bright days and eliminates having to have an additional piece of equipment. If using  add on apps is important to you than yes the P4P would be better but I use mine for commercial photography and love it.

Appreciate your opinion racer888, but as I've heard you can stream live on FB with the P4P+, right ?
2017-7-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4P over P4P+. Why limit yourself so greatly just for a slightly faster startup and MAYBE a brighter screen?
2017-7-20
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-7-20 08:06
P4P over P4P+. Why limit yourself so greatly just for a slightly faster startup and MAYBE a brighter screen?

I have the P4P and love it. I would agree the P4P+ set up to see on bright days and eliminates having to have an additional piece of equipment would be a big consideration.
2017-7-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gillega Posted at 2017-7-20 08:19
I have the P4P and love it. I would agree the P4P+ set up to see on bright days and eliminates having to have an additional piece of equipment would be a big consideration.

Where portability is a factor, I can see how the Plus would have a slight advantage. Good point.
2017-7-20
Use props
dronestarvision
lvl.1
United States

I have been frustrated with some little things with my P4P+, but in the end I would still go with the P4P+. My little things are me being more picky because of the money I have in the product. I have both remotes now and I switch back and forth depending on what I am doing. The built in screen is super clear and I fly in the bright sunny desert a lot.
2017-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'd say most will tell you P4Pro, use the saved money and invest in crystalsky, you will have a couple of options then.
2017-7-20
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Lebanon

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-20 16:12
I'd say most will tell you P4Pro, use the saved money and invest in crystalsky, you will have a couple of options then.

Now that's confusing for a less than a beginner like me, CrystalSky is different than the 5'5 that comes with the P4P+?
If yes, what's the difference between them ?
2017-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kassabe Posted at 2017-7-21 04:17
Now that's confusing for a less than a beginner like me, CrystalSky is different than the 5'5 that comes with the P4P+?
If yes, what's the difference between them ?

Screen should be same brightness as p4p+ , yes you could go with 5.5 also you could opt for larger version which is the same size as iPad mini, it probably is the future for these drones but you might need to check with those already using it,
You can also use something like iPad mini if you need to use 3rd party apps, if you go for + model your stuck with it .
Crystalsky is definitely on my wish list but in two minds as to which size.

Choice is yours now. Good luck..
2017-7-21
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft
United States

the touchscreen on the P4PA is problematic, it fails to register finger input so when you go to adjust shutter speed, aperture and you have to slide a button across, it will have a very very hard time picking up your finger right on the dot. this is my biggest frustration, i constantly fiddle trying to get the right setting and it wont see my finger. the other huge downside is distance - it clearly does not fly as far as the p4, nearly half the distance limitation.
2017-7-21
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Lebanon

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-21 04:35
Screen should be same brightness as p4p+ , yes you could go with 5.5 also you could opt for larger version which is the same size as iPad mini, it probably is the future for these drones but you might need to check with those already using it,
You can also use something like iPad mini if you need to use 3rd party apps, if you go for + model your stuck with it .
Crystalsky is definitely on my wish list but in two minds as to which size.

Thanks for the explanation hallmark007
2017-7-21
Use props
pilotbavaria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2058891 ft
Germany

My P4P+ works fine, never had problems with it.Screen is bright. Touchscreen works. Would never change to a P4P because of often heard problems with smartphones. I am a photographer and use it for jobs, if needed.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules