Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Dear DJI,

I'm wondering why there isn't a fixed wing mode for Phantom 4 Pro, when there is for Mavic.
I love my P4pro+ - and for 90% I'm very satisified with all the clever flight modes already implemented. However, some times I would love to "analogize" the look and be able to control my drone more like a model airplane, since I occassionally do more artistic work (music videos etc.) and need a more analog feel to my aerial footage. Having filmed from a powered paraglider for years, the roll was indeed a problem and the footage always needed electronic stabilization in post. But some results came out quite beautiful, since it gave me this dreamy ultra FPV effect. After all - this is how planes, birds (and even speed boats) fly.

I can simulate the effect to some degree by locking gimbal to FPV mode and combining left and right stick to yaw the drone while at the same time rolling it. But it doesn't give me organic results, since the gimbal roll seems stiff and locked and the movements are very jerky. I wish there was an option to have the gimbal behave like the yaw axis does with a smooth follow effect. I find the Mavic intelligent flight mode quite good, but it seems like the camera tilt can only be adjusted by descending or ascending and could improve even further on the smoothness on the roll? It would be nice to also have this mode in non-fly mode so I can run my drone as a handheld gimbal around corners and simulate a flying insect!

So, you do all the digital and perfect looking flight modes which are so perfect for almost everything else, but please implement some "vintage looks" - especially an ultra smooth and intelligent fixed-wing aircraft mode for P4pro ;-)

Jacob

2017-7-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. Not for regular use, but sometimes would like to shoot in fixed wing mode.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for your feedback, we'd like to develop more functions as well if it is possible. Anyway , we'll transfer it to our engineers.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules