Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you recommend DJI Mavic?
12Next >
4288 52 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

I have a coworker that is looking into buying a fancy drone like the Mavic, I told him how cool mine is ( mainly problem free) and he likes the one i have.
Would you recomment the Mavic to your friends or family or would another DJI product be better, like the Phanton.
Single SelectVote, Total 158 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

95.57% (151)
1.90% (3)
2.53% (4)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I put Mavic because you left out inspire and Matrice.
2017-7-20
Use props
Twirlip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I'd recommend the Mavic.  Two reasons:

- It's very noob-friendly.  Just got mine a week ago, have never flown a drone before, it's been an absolute dream to fly.
- PORTABLE.  The best drone is the one that you actually have with you.  The Mavic is so compact when folded up, it's really easy to take it just about anywhere.

I say that, of course, without having experienced any other drone besides the Mavic, so perhaps they have their own features to recommend them.  But I've been very happy with my Mavic so far and haven't experienced a shred of buyer's remorse.  It's a remarkable piece of technology.
2017-7-20
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

But also suggest to him to get a "Learning drone", something like a dromedia for about 70 bucks, or a little Estes Proto (so you can practice indoors),
That way he gets used to the ATTI mode if he loses GPS on the Mavic.
When he can do figure eights with it, he's ready to go.......
2017-7-20
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I like my Mavic. Its good for my needs, but it's far from perfect. With the four main DJI products, Spark, Mavic, Phantom, and Inspire, Mavic is the best at being 'middle of the road'. Some think 'middle of the road' means that it's good at everything. I tend to look more critically - It's not the best at anything. Each DJI product has its feature. The Spark's feature is that it's very small and simple. The Inspire's feature is that it's very professional, The Phantom's feature is that its very affordable compared to the Inspire. The Mavic's feature it that it's supposed to be everything: small, simple, affordable, and even has professional features. I love the concept of the Mavic, however my ideal Mavic would be "Mavic on steroids" : Better camera like the Phantom 4 Pro, sideways obstacle avoidance, a little faster, a little longer battery life, and waterproof. I hope the Mavic 2 has some of those features. The Mavic's foldability means that they could make it a little bigger and it would still fit in a small bag. Maybe in the future they will offer two sizes of Mavics, sort of how cell phones are now offered in plus sizes.   
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I would unequivocally recommend the Mavic to someone who is looking for a Mavic. A serious film maker or someone on a budget might get a different rec. ;)
2017-7-20
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Mavic is an outstanding machine, it is very portable when folded and so easy to carry with You all the time. And at the same time, it is real copter capable equally to bigger and more expensive rivals - the only downfall is camera in low light, but who is flying in low light ;)
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

This question does not make sense, because it all depends on the use the owner has in mind for his/her drone.
2017-7-20
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
France

Mavic, P4P
2017-7-20
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

For 90% of non pro use I'd absolutely recommend the mavic!
2017-7-20
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-20 11:56
This question does not make sense, because it all depends on the use the owner has in mind for his/her drone.

Absolutely agree with you.  Determine the user's expectations and then choose the product that best fits the user's needs.

Otherwise, the forums will just end up with another dissatisfied customer who's blaming DJI for ". . . Making a really crappy product that cost me $1, XXX."

Successful selling usually happens when the customer KNOWS what they need.
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-7-20 14:21
Absolutely agree with you.  Determine the user's expectations and then choose the product that best fits the user's needs.

Otherwise, the forums will just end up with another dissatisfied customer who's blaming DJI for ". . . Making a really crappy product that cost me $1, XXX."

You nailed it, nothing else to add...
2017-7-20
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I placed Mavic for ease of use and I myself have just upgraded from P3S , I feel mavic is good all around for most people that are not in to professional photography it can take really nice photos and video with minimal understanding of photography settings and is very nice to fly due to extended range and flight times over the P3S.
2017-7-20
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I bought my two Phantoms before getting my Mavic. The portability and lower noise is definitely a big plus.
2017-7-20
Use props
RobDownUnder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Also a newbie to all forms of RC flight. Mavic is a breeze, and for amateur photography I am more than pleased with the results as have been family and friends who have seen the machine in action. I wanted portability as we go outback Australia and height is an issue with land based photography.
2017-7-20
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
United States

I guess to clarify, I love my Mavic and the coworker that is in the market for a drone likes everything the Mavic has to offer. Mine is relativity problem free but i do see others with so many
problems, and with the way DJI handles their business. Last thing i want to do is tell a coworker to buy a brand new $1000 drone and receive a refurbished/defective one . I could not imagine having to deal with DJI customer service for any issue.
2017-7-21
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Mavic For the WIN.!

compare

compare
2017-7-21
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-7-21 06:10
I guess to clarify, I love my Mavic and the coworker that is in the market for a drone likes everything the Mavic has to offer. Mine is relativity problem free but i do see others with so many
problems, and with the way DJI handles their business. Last thing i want to do is tell a coworker to buy a brand new $1000 drone and receive a refurbished/defective one . I could not imagine having to deal with DJI customer service for any issue.

If you want to buy a brand new Mavic, then you must go to a store where they sell brand new Mavics.
If the store sells refurbished Mavics or if that store has a "return and re-stock" policy, then go and do your business somewhere else.
2017-7-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have mavic, spark, phantom 4, inspire 1 pro and thr mavic is the drone I use the most. I'm thinking about buying another mavic just to have as a spare.
2017-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Then why would you vote?
2017-7-21
Use props
jackrabbitslim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481220 ft
United Kingdom

I was looking for something to capture stills and video whilst out hill walking in Scotland.
The Mavic was my first drone purchased and for ease of flying and portability it suited my needs perfectly. I have to say it has been a joy to fly.
2017-7-22
Use props
Peter P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

Mavic is in my opinion exceptional for non-pro users with decent budget.
- Mavic is great value for that money: sensors, stabilization, compact design, 4k image with decent (but not ultimate) bitrate, various smart features including landing, return, follow, etc.
- For pro footage, you might want to choose different model (Phantom Pro for example)
- If you just want to play around, you might want cheaper model
2017-7-23
Use props
Sime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

It's a bit silly doing a poll in a Mavic specific forum, do the same poll in the phantom forum………………
2017-7-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For me definitely the Mavic, because of it's portability and feature set is awesome.  Maybe the Spark, but not sure I want wifi control.  He might look at the Beebop 2 (not the original) for around $500 or less which has gps and good video, but wifi control; as well as a Hubsan drone with gps although camera is weak (about $200).  
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like P4P wins.
2017-7-23
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
United States

Sime Posted at 2017-7-23 02:52
It's a bit silly doing a poll in a Mavic specific forum, do the same poll in the phantom forum………………

I did this poll because i know there is many unsatisfied customers with the Mavic, its nice to read about the happy ones too.
2017-7-24
Use props
artest113
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77848 ft
Malaysia

why not? i mean Mavic is still the best drone out there
2017-7-24
Use props
artest113
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77848 ft
Malaysia

Sime Posted at 2017-7-23 02:52

exactly, what's the point isn't it
2017-7-24
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

you know you want it

eye candy

eye candy
2017-7-24
Use props
Gixxed
Flight distance : 40128 ft

United States

Yes. without a doubt
2017-7-24
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

In Canada, we have new drone laws that came into effect in June that discriminate drones weighing over 1 kg (2.2 lbs). The Mavic Pro weighs less than 1 kg, and the Phantom 4 Pro weighs over 1 kg, putting them in compleatly different classes. This means we now have more relaxed laws for flying Mavics and more restrictions for flying Phantoms. I would imagine this will boost the popularity of Mavics over Phantoms here in Canada, even though the newest Phantom has a more impressive camera. Here is the link to Transport Canada's new rules https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/docum ... rone_users_EN_2.pdf
2017-7-25
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic is my best DJI Drone, I have a Phantom, Spark and Mavic and the Mavic is by far the best model in my opinion.
2017-7-25
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-25 03:43
The Mavic is my best DJI Drone, I have a Phantom, Spark and Mavic and the Mavic is by far the best model in my opinion.

Wow, your opinion is qualified. Why did you end up buying a Spark? Just to test it out? The only way I'd even think of buying a Spark would be if I didn't already own a Mavic and wanted to save some dough
2017-7-25
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-7-25 04:46
Wow, your opinion is qualified. Why did you end up buying a Spark? Just to test it out? The only way I'd even think of buying a Spark would be if I didn't already own a Mavic and wanted to save some dough

Haha, The Mavic is excellent for longer ranges and the 4k video is stunning, the feed on the Mavic is solid and nothing and never stutters. I brought the Spark mainly because of the tiny size and because the picture modes... for me I take more pictures than video and I would say the spark takes a nicer picture, the colours look better and I would say it is a charger image in general, plus the new 180 panorama mode DJI added this morning is amazing!
2017-7-25
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.1

United States

Wow I'm glad the poll shows 94% approval rate on the recommendations of the Mavic.

Picked up a Spark Fly Combo roughly a month ago and now decided to purchase a Mavic. Hold on yep, just got confirmation that it's delivered. Looking forward to the DJI experience and participating in the forum.

Thanks,

Will
2017-7-25
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Captain
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

The first drone should not be Mavik. I had a Hubsan for 200USD. I flew on it for about six months. He was an excellent school desk. I filled with him a lot of cones, broke a couple of dozen propellers. He is an excellent device. But the Hubsan always wanted more. I wanted to improve it so that he could do what he could not do

Mavik is the opening of the world. Mavik knows so much that I doubt whether I can master everything. He allowed me to fly far, catch the steamer on my river, show my parents their village, where they lived for twenty years. Mavik absorbs free time, makes him think, and again I feel like a kid, to whom my parents bought the first bicycle.
2017-7-25
Use props
TABC Radio 9
New
United States

I will never buy anything from DJI again.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans5f637c34
First Officer
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Mavic Pro absolutely! For ever or until Pro2 will be available one day.
2017-7-26
Use props
Chole

United Kingdom

Absolutely one the the greatest master piece every made , DJI has simply crushed everyone
2017-7-27
Use props
fans819102cb
New

United States

I would first ask him what he wants it for and then advise him from that answer. Remember he is your friend and if you make his choice he may later on be discruaged. This could lead to a problems in the friendship.
2017-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules