NDVI Mapping Assistance
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1UukTMU
New

United States

Hi I was wondering if any of you guys might be able to help me out.

My university is trying to expand the science department to include the use of drones for mapping and they recently bought a bunch of equiptment and hired some students, as researchers, to sort of put the pieces together and figure everything out.

We have a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (which, so far has been very fun and easy to fly!)
2 MAPIR survey 2 cameras (one RGB and one NDVI)
and then plenty of funds to get into softwares for georeferencing/photo stitching/etc.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the Advanced collects time/date data with its GPS? Does this make it unusable as a mapping drone?
Should we have gotten the Pro instead?

Even if we did have the correct GPS data are the cameras even compatable with this drone? Is there a way to replace the gimbal camera that camee installed with an NDVI camera? The goal was to survey a beach, map it out and identify patches of invasive grasses.

Is there an app anyone could recommend that DOES collect GPS data or maybe an external mount that collects it that anyone would recommend that would allow for mapping?
So many questions, I'm sorry, but this is all incredibly new to me and I appreciate any help at all.
2017-7-20
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
I would use Map Pilot to collect the imagery and program the P3 flight pattern. Then follow this link:

https://dronemapper.freshdesk.co ... r-and-global-mapper

Contact us for more details or help processing. Thanks
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules