new P3S july 2017 bday gift can't connect to any apple dev, droi...
636 10 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Edwards
New
Flight distance : 91696 ft
United States

I have heard wonderful things about DJI drones, untill I owned one, i took the semi splurge on a P3S for my 45th Birthday,

the setup went fine, on the drone part, ive flown others before, mainly cheap ones with no real features. Hence my reason for a low end DJI for a starter drone,

faa registered all that jazz, the weird thing is i can NOT get ANY apple device, Ipad Air2, Iphone 5s, Iphone 6, 6Plus or Ipad air3 to connect to the damn wifi,

ANY of my android devices, old 2012 NExus7, OLD Galaxy S3, some cheap rite aid Craig tablet, All connect to the PHantom3xxx whatever wifi with the 12341234 password, THAT is how i did the setup toggleing back and forth from my home wifi to the P3S wifi to do the activation and all.

WHY the hell cant it connect to ANY apple device, i wanted to use my Ipad Mini as the screen, but no, a call to DJI with the worst tech support this side of india revealed that I should "Call BestBuy" and see if the geek squad can help, are you Freaking kidding me, I called the number on the controler tag for help with call .... I called back later and was told "we have never heard of this issue you are a special case" well happy F'ing birthday to me i guess. i have never got it to work on apple anything, firmware updates etc. re set wifi, controller, linking what a pain in the ass, I spent over 500 bux and i get a big headache. good thing i didnt splurge and get the MAvic or the P4P like i was planning, 'I think I will be going with Gopro drone or something else besides a DJI if there even is a Next time.    now another question i have,    Are any other of you owners of the  P3s having issues with the controller signal lost, or wifi signal lost, doesnt the wifi come from the controlller? i cant go more than 20 feet and its telling me no video, i see a scrambled picture... because i am a total moron, I went out and also bought a new Galaxy A tab 8 32g to do the DJI go thing, thinking maybe my android devices are just tooo slow, well no it works the same crappy display no matter what, slow gimble refresh, app loses connection to the thing all the time, i did get 1 descent flight out of it when i just started video when could still see it, then just said F this app and manually flew around line of sight, but that was not the intention of this purchase.  it seems like a 500+$ waste IMHO, anyone have any ideas, because DJI tech support really blows ass.

2017-7-20
Use props
Chris Edwards
New
United States

also on a note, while flying a Bird attacked the drone, that is until the propeller on motor3 hit him and it has blood on it, drone stayed put, bird left it alone
2017-7-20
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

try using the airplane mode on your apple device.
2017-7-20
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

try turning on the airplane mode on your apple device.
2017-7-20
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

2017-7-20
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Honestly you would have been better off with the p4p or mavic I  maintain my brothers companies fleet of them and they've been solid performers. I got the p3s backup they had last year and found the wifi board in the transmitter wasn't plugged in to the main board and one antenna lead was also off.  You could hear it rattling around when you picked up the radio or gave it a small shake. He picked up another transmitter and it worked fine so I opened up the one that came with the p3s and found the issue. Quality control isn't one of DJI's strong suits and it gets worse with firmware updates. Also you didn't have to register the quad with the FAA that little bit of legislation was tossed out in court a few months back. Anyway DJI should stand behind the wifi issue your p3s should still be under warranty.
2017-7-20
Use props
Chris Edwards
New
United States

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-7-20 14:18
Honestly you would have been better off with the p4p or mavic I  maintain my brothers companies fleet of them and they've been solid performers. I got the p3s backup they had last year and found the wifi board in the transmitter wasn't plugged in to the main board and one antenna lead was also off.  You could hear it rattling around when you picked up the radio or gave it a small shake. He picked up another transmitter and it worked fine so I opened up the one that came with the p3s and found the issue. Quality control isn't one of DJI's strong suits and it gets worse with firmware updates. Also you didn't have to register the quad with the FAA that little bit of legislation was tossed out in court a few months back. Anyway DJI should stand behind the wifi issue your p3s should still be under warranty.

Thank you for the reply, and the in depth answer, I ended up returning the unit as defective, and am awaiting a replacement. i am a beginner, so i thought i would not dump a grand at first just in case i don't like it or the technology is not there. So next weds i should have the replacement and will see how it goes. i will listen for the rattle if theres any weird issues, always been one to take things apart to look at them,but figured since this was 1 day old i would just return it .  thanks again!
2017-7-20
Use props
Chris Edwards
New
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-7-20 13:47

airplane mode disables all wifi, the P3s requires wifi from the controller to the Phone or device. works fine on androids, just don't like any apple products.
2017-7-20
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

Chris Edwards Posted at 2017-7-20 15:37
airplane mode disables all wifi, the P3s requires wifi from the controller to the Phone or device. works fine on androids, just don't like any apple products.

sure glad that posted three times
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, wish you can receive the replacement soon, should you have any further qustion, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help.
2017-7-20
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Chris Edwards Posted at 2017-7-20 15:37

As it does under iOS AND Android when you turn on Airplane mode. Solution, turn on WiFi afterward. Result airplane mode enabled, WIFI on. However..... It will likely not fix your problem. I have an iPad Mini 4 and it is generally less finicky to connect than my Android devices. As for staying connected, thats another story.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules