Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Authorization Zone
7358 17 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

Anyone else live near a Yellow Zone, classified as an Authorization zone? I'm near an airport and try to fly in a couple spots and I get a message to unlock the area. It asks for a payment or phone number. When I put in my country, then phone number it sends a token number. I get the token number in my text messages but then the field to insert it turns red and will not allow it to be submitted? It does say that it may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account. Can anyone elaborate on the 'verified account'? I'm not sure if I have one or not by just having the drone registered? thanks for any insight...
2017-7-20
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

No, what app are you using?
2017-7-20
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

el pelo Posted at 2017-7-20 10:23
No, what app are you using?

DJI app...
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you using an up-to-date version of the Go 4 app and are you logged-in?
2017-7-20
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

I believe you have to fill this page first.
2017-7-20
Use props
nicotheredfish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5712 ft
Canada

I cannot select the point on your link LOK MAVIC
Did you tried ?
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

nicotheredfish Posted at 2017-7-20 11:29
Did you tried ?

Link works for me.
2017-7-20
Use props
nicotheredfish
lvl.1
Canada

to be more precise, I cannot select the "pin" despite trying all around my area .. .

unlock fly zone.JPG

2017-7-20
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-20 10:56
Are you using an up-to-date version of the Go 4 app and are you logged-in?

Yep, all up to date and logged in...I'll check that link that someone posted.
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

nicotheredfish Posted at 2017-7-20 11:48
to be more precise, I cannot select the "pin" despite trying all around my area .. .

[view_image]

Red zone's are not unlockable. Wait, How come I don't see any red pins in my map of Toronto?
EDIT: Duh, my country was set on the US. This is what I see when I click on the red Toronto pin using the latest version of Safari on the latest MacOS.

toronto.png

2017-7-20
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

nicotheredfish Posted at 2017-7-20 11:48

[view_image]

That pin is Red so that may be why it won't let you choose it. My pin is Yellow and I used that link that someone posted to the Auth. page and I put in my controllers serial # and bam this time the verification code worked!
2017-7-20
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-7-20 10:58
I believe you have to fill this page first.

Thanks! I did do a search thinking that for sure it's been brought up but nothing came up.

It said it unlocked my area and we'll see tomorrow since it's not til midnight that it will start the 3 days it will be unlocked. Good to know the process and hopefully it works because I have some nice hillsides/mountains right near me that overlook the town and it'll be great to get off the ground!
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-7-20 13:10
Thanks! I did do a search thinking that for sure it's been brought up but nothing came up.

It said it unlocked my area and we'll see tomorrow since it's not til midnight that it will start the 3 days it will be unlocked. Good to know the process and hopefully it works because I have some nice hillsides/mountains right near me that overlook the town and it'll be great to get off the ground!

That online tool is useful, especially when you don't expect to have internet access in the field, but you should still have been able to unlock using just the Go 4 app.

If you have problems tomorrow, try taking some screengrabs of your phone so we can help figure out what's going on. The first time I unlocked an area I was confused by the interface, but I understand it's handled differently in current versions of the app.
2017-7-20
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pumavic Posted at 2017-7-20 13:10

No problem. I also lived in yellow zone. What I did usually I use the unlock page first. Then sync unlocked data to DJI Go 4. This can be confirmed DJI Go 4>Me>More>My Unlock NFZ Application. Then during take off, accept the NFZ notification and tick all the boxes. Have done this 3 times without fail. Let me know if you got it to take off. Cheers.
2017-7-20
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nicotheredfish Posted at 2017-7-20 11:29
Did you tried ?

I have done this process few times already. You have to select red pin to unlock yellow area, but you only can take off and fly on the yellow area of the map. Give me an update if you can get it to work.
2017-7-20
Use props
Wuping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9859 ft
United States

I live in a near a yellow zone and I use my phone to unlock, it was tricky at first because when it sends the code all I saw was verify. There is a line under verify that you need to click to put in the code that they send to you. It's hard to see because the line and the verify button overlaps each other.
2017-7-20
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-7-20 14:03
No problem. I also lived in yellow zone. What I did usually I use the unlock page first. Then sync unlocked data to DJI Go 4. This can be confirmed DJI Go 4>Me>More>My Unlock NFZ Application. Then during take off, accept the NFZ notification and tick all the boxes. Have done this 3 times without fail. Let me know if you got it to take off. Cheers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UOYewXkYKbHqNXGm2

Yep it worked! I don't know if that link will work...but I got some cool footage. thanks again! At first I was bummed because I didn't know if I had to join the local model airplane club to get some pretty restricted flying time around here lol!
2017-7-21
Use props
nicotheredfish
lvl.1
Canada

worked for me as well ! I had to do it from my phone, in the NFZ and get the token ...
I don't understand why I cannot did it from my computer ! but still.... that's fixed now

thanks everyone
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules