998 7 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have just returned from a few days break by the seaside, Brixham in Devon.
I took both Sparky, and FIFIF (p4p+)
I had a blast with both of them, but just a few pointers I would like to point out ..
Sparky on the beech and Cliffside filming was epic, but had LOADS of seagulls around, as it must be there birthing season, as there were loads of young gulls too.
My point to this is they did not bother with sparky (which has BLUE CARBON WRAP on) until I got a little too close to them resting and then they just showed me they were not happy with a few flybys at a distance to warn me off.
And here to my next experience of loosing SPARKY IN SKY...
I was going out to sea and filming rocks etc. and generally enjoying flying up and down a fairly deserted beech (St Mary’s) my wife was taking pics with her new iPhone 7 and was pleased to show me some of the shots, which leads me to loosing concentration on sparky and when I looked back, I could not for the life of me find him. So here my point,
I PANICKED even though I had 65% battery and 5 bars on Wi-Fi so could see screen, in that panic mode I could just not tie it all together and locate Sparky....
so did the next best thing and pressed return to home.  And off it set, still panicking because could not see or hear Sparky.it then notified me it was going to start to land...in sheer panic I cancelled that straight away and did not have a clue where it was...so here the point
CALM DOWN
TRUST IN MY OWN PREPERATION WITH RECORDING HOME POINT before I ever take off.
Then my calm wife stepped in, and said has it not that satellite thingy to it. (The ever-techy women she is) LOL
so looked at map and it was showing at the CORRECT HOME point but 30 meters up, so looked directly above me and BINGO there he was just sitting there patiently, so I landed him
and regained the use of my legs and took a minute to make some pointers in case this happens again. Which it probably will LOL...
so I know there are a lot of you pointing and laughing now.i know i would if tables were turned, but for the newbies out there i hope this gives a bit of advice...
. The next thing was I put Sparky away and took FIFI out, but the minute I took off the SEAGULLS were NOT HAPPY and went mad and would not leave her alone so after a bit of nifty high speed accels straight up to loose them I carefully brought her back and landed her ...I am only thinking that the colour and sound from FIFI really annoys Seagulls
so another bonus point for Sparky ...\hope this has giving you a bit of a laugh, after all its supposed to be fun this flying Drones isn’t it...till my next adventure folks....bye

2017-7-20
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

will post some vid when editing is done over weekned
2017-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-20 11:28
will post some vid when editing is done over weekned

Did you not have maps or radar telemetry?
2017-7-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very funny my friend.  I believe your bigger louder phantom was probably seen as an aggressive bird of prey.  Gulls are extremely good parents often seen fighting off ospreys and sea eagles.
2017-7-20
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-20 11:39
Did you not have maps or radar telemetry?

Yea I did , the point I was making was I panicked and forgot everthing lol lol
2017-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-20 12:46
Yea I did , the point I was making was I panicked and forgot everthing lol lol

Ahh I suspect the spark has you mesmerised, you seem to be enjoying it. Good luck.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

Good lesson.at least your having fun with it.safe flying.
2017-7-20
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-20 12:49
Ahh I suspect the spark has you mesmerised, you seem to be enjoying it. Good luck.

yea sparky is one great bit of kit , and so much fun ..love it. Dji Goggles on the way now and i should be complete , (until i get the Mavic Pro that is ) lol
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules