Phantom 3 Pro - Battery Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kangier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5535 ft
United States

Sorry if this is elemtary question but I cannot find any support in the manuals that came with teh Phantom 3 Professional regarding a battery error.One of the batteries display an error message "BATTERY ERROR RETURN HOME SOON" It was fully charged and the LED lights indicate it is charged as well.
Any ideas?

2017-7-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha kangier,

The only thing I can think of is the battery needs to be updated.  Did the battery come with the P3P?  What version of DJI GO are you flying?  Is your device iOS or Android?  Is your firmware up-to-date?

Have you tried to shut down the entire system for a few minutes and then restart the entire system to see if that helps?  Do you have any extra batteries, if so, are they giving you problems?

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-20
Use props
kangier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5535 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it came with the P3P. I just updated the firmware on the drone yesterday. I tried to shut down the entire system and still get the error.The other battery doesnt give the error and seems t work fine.How do I update the battery?
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try to fully discharge the battery , then fully charge it , see if it works.
2017-7-21
Use props
Art - N4PJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

kangier@macokc. Posted at 2017-7-20 19:09
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it came with the P3P. I just updated the firmware on the drone yesterday. I tried to shut down the entire system and still get the error.The other battery doesnt give the error and seems t work fine.How do I update the battery?

Plug in the non-updated battery, get everything running and the battery will "update" based on the latest firmware you've just installed. If you have several batteries, just keep repeating the process. It doesn't take very long for the battery to get updated.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

kangier@macokc. Posted at 2017-7-20 19:09

As long as the new FW bin file is still on the SD card in the root - it will automatically update each battery that needs it when you switch on ,,, it only takes a few seconds and you won't even notice it.

Its why I don't remove the bin file ... its only a few mb's and takes up hardly any room. Of course if you format / erase the card as some advise - then you need to download the FW file again for this ...

One thing that strikes me is your error does not say to me Battery FW ... it says something else ... which could be bad contacts or something ...

Its not unknown for the two sets of contacts to get grimy etc. A bit of contract cleaner (plastic safe of course) and a cotton swab can sort that. It only takes a spec ... even DJI actually mention it !!

Nigel
2017-7-21
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

After updating to the latest firmware i have had the battery error to. Never had it before the update, also had ESC status error, strange but no warning messages to delete in the go app. Turned on and off a few times and have not had any warnings since.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules