Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge?
644 5 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edman32
lvl.1
United States

I'm new with dji drones, but today I received my Phantom 3 Pro. I did a few flight to get familiar with the drone and controller. I thought the pro had lightbridge technology to allow longer distances. Today I started out running in beginner mode, then turned it off after a few flights to test distance. Today I would say I started to lose signal right around that 500m mark. When I go to settings it says set flight distance (15-500m), I was under the assumption it could go 5km. Is there something I need to do to turn on lightbridge to maximize my distance?

2017-7-20
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lightbridge is always on.  You can turn off the Max Distance limit.
The environment you fly in will have a big effect on your range with lots of interference in urban areas reducing range.
Directing your antennas properly can also have a big effect.
2017-7-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, Labroides is correct. You should try taking the drone out to the countryside, or to a large park, away from city interference, and and obstructions.

Make sure that your RTH (Return To Home) is set to an appropriate height, well above any buildings or trees, in the immediate vicinity.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-20
Use props
Edman32
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info guys
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

And do not forget to adjust the antennas during flight, especially when the signal become weak.  
2017-7-21
Use props
Edman32
lvl.1
United States

Thanks again, I didn't even think of making sure the antennas are pointing the right direction.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules