Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Terrible video signal vs P4
1949 7 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3893783 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 days ago we flew our Phantom 4 and Inspire Pro in the same location and had a very typical experience. The Phantom 4 video signal was strong for all 3 batteries and at a distance up to 5200 feet away. Then we launched the Inspire Pro and flew a few hundred feet before the signal broke up so badly that niether the Master or Slave controler were of any use. It was mostly black and green bars covering the signal. We landed it and put it away after a few minutes becasue it was basically useless.
  I called DJI and they told me to undate the firmware and I did yesterday and had the same experience with black and green bars.
  I have spent hours reading varous threads about this problem but not found a definitive solution. My Inspire is still under Warrantee but I fear that this is a flaw in the design that cannot be fixed like some threads suggest. Can anyone confirm that it is possible to get a reliable video feed on an Inspire Pro that is on par with a phantom 4?   If it is possible then I might want to send my Inspire back for repair or keep trying to fix the problem but if it is not possible due to old technology or a design flaw then at least I can stop wasting my time.
HC
2017-7-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to all the bs posts I read  and youtube videos about the phantom's range no my inspire doesn't come close to the claims where I fly it, but I have had solid video feed up to 2500 feet or so at 300 altitude then poof, I've actually had the camera pop out of record when video feed is lost.
2017-7-21
Use props
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So far I have read that the solutions include, 1) The 32 Channel Hack, 2) Buying faster Ipads than my Air and Air2. 3) Buying a Crystal sky monitor.  4) Return to DJI under Warrantee  5) There is no solution. Sell it and get a P4pro. 6) ????
  Anyone feel confident about which solution is the most likely?
HC
2017-7-21
Use props
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

We just did a bunch of testing and the feed is much worse on the slave controller than the master even when we swapped ipads, Iphones, and even switched controllers. So it seems to be independent of the Ipad being used.  At this time the most logical thread I have found is one where they claimed that the design of the controller is the problem. Some modules were too close together causing interference.  I am leaning toward buying a separate screen and using a hdmi connection for the slave. Anyone tried this?
2017-7-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Which iPad?  New Pro with A10X chip or older ones?

My Air 2 breaks up now.  Too old maybe, and Apple no longer makes it according to the Apple Store nearby.
2017-7-24
Use props
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I am considering a range extending antenna. I now think it is a combination of poor signal, older Ipad and bad firmware.  Thoughts?
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cowart, sorry for the experience with our products.
Have you tried to clean the contact PIN in aircraft and reinsert the gimbal cable? What is the model of your mobile decvice? How about its decoding ability?
pin.jpg
8PIN cable.jpg
2017-7-28
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

what are you using for the  go app device ?  the more pwerful the better ! trust me seen this 100 times !

Here are some tips for range :

Go to the Image settings HD on the go app and make sure the Slider bar there is all the way to the left, this will give the best range .

If you can try custom settings and channel 20 , this is a very clean channel that does not overlap ( as much ) with other 2.4 systems , wi fi etc. ( make sure entire system is on to change and view these settings )

Make sure the AC and the RC are always in sight of one another , like a laser beam that can not be broken  by trees buildings etc.  Keep the RC high up in your hands ( and chest ) and make sure you dont start pointing the body of the antennas toward the ground .

Make sure the AC is always pointing directly away form you or towards you , the antennas are in the legs of the Ac and you will have substantial loss if the AC gets sideways in relation to the RC transmitter , look at the Radar on the lower left corner and make sure the "arrow' Is not sideways in orientation to you .

Make sure the antennas are vertical  and the body of the antennas are not crossed as well .

You may want to d o a re link with the AC and the RC if the suggestions above dont help .

Try other areas to fly  as sometimes a crowded wi fi  can cause issues.

I can fly over 15,000 feet away with my system in the right  safe  area, the biggest  thing is the unbroken beam  between the AC and RC and orientation of the AC . If you need more altitude to do this then by all means go for it .  

Make sure you have a fast processor for the video , many problems with video start here , get an I pad pro if you are serious about this hobby , the faster the processor the better your video.  

also have a link with other suggestions to examine, these are the biggies  above .

Try these suggestions and let me know .
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie

-
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules