DLog LUT for Premiere
3931 3 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9kH23XU
New

United States

I am trying to color grade DLog footage and having a lot of trouble with it. I am looking for a good LUT to use and the one on DJI's website isn't working in Premiere. Anyone know of somewhere I can find a good LUT?
2017-7-21
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I would be interested in this too
2017-7-22
Use props
fans9c1c9ca6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
United Kingdom

Nigpd Posted at 2017-7-22 13:54
I would be interested in this too

I would also be interested on a good DLog LUT for Premier Pro. The downloadable LUT will not load into Premier Pro - Is this meant for use only with the transcoder software?
2017-10-9
Use props
GaijinGeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694334 ft
Isle of Man

Try FilmConvert. They have just released support for the X5R.

Personally I tend to grade the footage using DaVinci Resolve, but you can use FilmConvert to apply film looks compatible with the X5R:  https://www.filmconvert.com/download/camera-profile

It's not free. But for professional users not massively familiar with advanced colour grading, it may save you some time. For what it's worth, I've never had a great user experience with DJI Dlog, preferring to use a custom version of the natural profile with sharpness, saturation and contrast turned down.

Also, Resolve it far superior handling the RAW files from the X5R, transcoding to DNxHR to make them edit-friendly in Premiere Pro CC. There's a free version and with online tutorials, the learning curve isn't too steep. Give it a try. FilmConvert is compatible with both Prem Pro and Resolve.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules