Radio Channel Poor quality
794 3 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Bailey
lvl.1
United States

Got My new P4Pro last Friday. Had the usual problems updating the firmware, no video transmission, NFZ...got it all figured out. I've done my test flight. But I've noticed that when testing at my desk with the props off and with the aircraft only one foot away, I'm seeing Radio Channel "poor". When I go to the Radio channel setting in the APP I see it set to 2.4G and the bars are dancing. Usually a channel is blue and set as current. This is in auto mode. If I change to the 5.8G and still auto I get literally no bars. But when I check the status I see the radio Channel is now "good". I've also tried manual settings but I have never seen any bars inthe 5.8G setting. Yet the radio channel in status say "good". Is this what you all see with your units? Kinda bugs me. I connected with support chat and they had me reset my controller three time and then relink but nothing changed. I don't have a good feeling about this.

2017-7-21
Use props
Hymster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1012100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Less bars means less interference. 2.4 used to be fine until last update now its totally interefered with. 5.8 is safe to fly on it just doesnt have the range that 2.4 has.
2017-7-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Hymster Posted at 2017-7-21 15:29
Less bars means less interference. 2.4 used to be fine until last update now its totally interefered with. 5.8 is safe to fly on it just doesnt have the range that 2.4 has.

Are you sure about that. I thought that less bars meant poorer signal.
2017-7-22
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-22 22:58
Are you sure about that. I thought that less bars meant poorer signal.

I think Hymster is referring to when you select the channel, not the signal bars on the main screen.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules