4315 23 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

i don't know if this is user error or something wrong. I started the Go app to make sure everything was good and then disconnected. I put the goggles on and flew about 50 yards and got a Maximum distance reached warning. I brought it back and started my Go app with the iPad to check what my max distance was set to. It was set to about 2 miles. So I disconnected and flew again..same thing. Then I connected the iPad and engaged the Go app...this time no problems.....so is there someplace in the goggle menu to set max distance and height? I couldn't find it. And I thought you didn't need to run the Go app with the goggles. Can someone enlighten me please?
2017-7-21
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You must start the aircraft and enter go4, you are then free to use only the goggles without limit.
2017-7-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well...that's where I am confused...DJI Mindy said you can fly without the app running..which you can but you run into these max distance and heights. ..which isn't very far..so as I'm understanding you I need to run the app on my iPad AND then there's no restrictions with the goggles...which I did and you are correct....just figured there's a way to set these limitations through the goggles without running the app..make sense?
2017-7-21
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

It doesn't need to be running the whole time. Just enter the app once and you can then close it and you will continue to fly without restriction.
2017-7-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-21 22:47
It doesn't need to be running the whole time. Just enter the app once and you can then close it and you will continue to fly without restriction.

Yep..but it doesn't...I did that.....the only way I can get it to go without restriction is to keep the app open. And that means having my iPad connected ...so that's the problem with mine.....
2017-7-22
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

Are you sure you fully entered the app...aka hit Go Fly?
2017-7-22
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

6.052 meters.
2017-7-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, fully entered the app. Ok let me back up...I connect the controller to Mavic, start Go 4 app, turn on the goggles, start Mavic, disconnect the GoApp and fly with the goggles. This is where I get the limits. If I leave the Go app running, which means I'm connected to my iPad, I don't get the limits....or should I say whatever I had set in max distance/height in the app....i was under the impression that you could disconnect the app and fly without the limits or at least the limits in the app...make sense..??
2017-7-22
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

Yes that makes sense and it should work that way! What firmware versions are you running on? I'm fully updated and it was working. I would do some testing to shed some light on your issue but it's like 100 degrees right now
2017-7-22
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

Without using the goggles, can you log into go4 and then remove your mobile device. You should be able to go as far as you'd like and use sport mode, just like the app was on. Is this working?
2017-7-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

havent tried it with sport mode....I'll check on that and report back
2017-7-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok..looks like I figured it out...you need to turn on Mavic, then the controller, then the Go app then the goggles....fire up Mavic and disconnect the iPad and it doesn't have the limits. Without doing it this way it was only getting 42M distance before it would stop. I had to repeat this same order every time I changed batteries....not a big deal but sometimes when I just want to fly someplace I was hoping I wouldn't have to lug the iPad, cable and iPad holder along....yea I know, it's a nit pick but other than that I love em. The wife got naeuseated so I let me father in law wear them...took some sharp turns and he literally lost his balance leaning....good idea to wear these things while sitting...just saying...
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

I'm glad you got it going! I usually don't even mount my iPad. Just plug it in next to the controller long enough to get into the app and then I'm off. Have fun!
2017-7-23
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-23 14:54
I'm glad you got it going! I usually don't even mount my iPad. Just plug it in next to the controller long enough to get into the app and then I'm off. Have fun!

Thanks Jeff
2017-7-23
Use props
Donnie50
New
South Africa

Guys you still on this issue?
2017-8-23
Use props
Donnie50
New
South Africa

I'm having the same with my Phantom 4 pro
2017-8-23
Use props
Donnie50
New
South Africa

.......any help?
2017-8-23
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry Donnie...whats yours doing?
2017-8-28
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... connect device to RC, switch on RC, switch on Aircraft, Start app, enter Aircraft... wait few seconds and then close app...

App needs to tell aircraft to remove restrictions... sometimes it takes a little longer...
2017-8-28
Use props
fans32465b9f
New

United States

HELP
I just got dji goggles and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It seems as tho my height and distance are restricted. I’ve read on here that you have to have the dji go app running.
2017-10-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans32465b9f Posted at 2017-10-11 15:28
HELP
I just got dji goggles and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It seems as tho my height and distance are restricted. I’ve read on here that you have to have the dji go app running.

Yes...you have to start the Go4 app then connect the goggles...as I understand it you can disconnect the Go4app after that...personally I don’t, I just leave it running..mainly because if my goggles go out or stick or fail I can flip them up and see my iPad and take it from there...kind of a backup...
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans32465b9f Posted at 2017-10-11 15:28
HELP

Power the RC and the drone up, the connect the RC to the DJI GO APP first and make sure you've logged into the APP, then connect the Goggles to the RC, see if it works.
2017-10-12
Use props
KrisK
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-23 13:45
Ok..looks like I figured it out...you need to turn on Mavic, then the controller, then the Go app then the goggles....fire up Mavic and disconnect the iPad and it doesn't have the limits. Without doing it this way it was only getting 42M distance before it would stop. I had to repeat this same order every time I changed batteries....not a big deal but sometimes when I just want to fly someplace I was hoping I wouldn't have to lug the iPad, cable and iPad holder along....yea I know, it's a nit pick but other than that I love em. The wife got naeuseated so I let me father in law wear them...took some sharp turns and he literally lost his balance leaning....good idea to wear these things while sitting...just saying...

Thanks so much for posting this fix. I've seen some others post similar. I will test out tomorrow.

DJI support, this is very poor workflow for your product.
Are you listening?

The whole reason I bought the goggles was because of the buggy code not working well with my Pixel 2 XL, and your marketing promises and posts that with the Goggles we "could fly without the phone"!
Apparently your advertising is false and your marketing is bogus.

Please help us old folks with bad eyes that are tired of looking at tiny phone screen and burning up our cell batteries.
You could at least own up to it and acknowledge the bug and post the fix, maybe even include in the instruction packaging so your customers don't have to spend hours troubleshooting and digging around on forums for a workaround you should have already warned us of, if not fixed!

2018-4-30
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

KrisK Posted at 2018-4-30 18:03
Thanks so much for posting this fix. I've seen some others post similar. I will test out tomorrow.

DJI support, this is very poor workflow for your product.

DJI,

I considered buying  a pair until I seen this post. Fix the need for the mobile device and I will reconsider.
I agree that in the adverts it says it eliminates the need for the mobile... I would correct that statement as it is misleading and false.

Thanks!
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules