1140 13 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Looking seriously at getting litchi for my P3S,  but have a few questions

#1) Can u have both on one android tablet?
#2) Can u switch back and forth ( not in flt)?
#3) Would u recommend over dji go?

Thanks for your help
2017-7-21
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

#1 Yes but only the Go app or Litchi can be running at any time. The Go app is a bit tricky as it often wants to run in the background when You power up your display device. Kill the Go app in Android settings or simply uninstall it.

#2 Absolutely not.

#3 I have been exclusively using Litchi after the first 650 feet of actual recorded flight distance. Since then (for the past 5 months) I've only used the Go app for updates.

2017-7-21
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Betamace Posted at 2017-7-21 19:17
#1 Yes but only the Go app or Litchi can be running at any time. The Go app is a bit tricky as it often wants to run in the background when You power up your display device. Kill the app in settings or simply uninstall it.

Hey Betamace ,
Re #2, so just to clarify I couldn't fly in the morning Litchi and in the afternoon dji go on my tablet , even with both installed on my tablet (not that I would want to by hypothetically speaking ).
Thanks for resp
2017-7-21
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-21 19:30
Hey Betamace ,
Re #2, so just to clarify I couldn't fly in the morning Litchi and in the afternoon dji go on my tablet , even with both installed on my tablet (not that I would want to by hypothetically speaking ).
Thanks for resp

Be aware that either app will not eliminate hardware defects/bad flight conditions. If you first kill the go app, you can run litchi (And vicey versy) You do not want any trace of either app running at the same time.
2017-7-21
Use props
KLT9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you can do that if you wanted.

I'm on Android and after powering up the RC and then the Phantom I'm asked to select which App I want to use.
2017-7-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

So I assume a guy should be  "logged off" the application that is not being used at the time, to ensure no interference
2017-7-22
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

You really need to go into Settings - Apps- Application Manager and then Force Stop whatever app was the last one you used prior to flying with the other. Not a complicated procedure and only takes a minute. Personally I haven't flown with the Go App for 6 odd months (3.1.4 was the last time)I don't even have it installed on the tablet I use for flying.  I find Litchi far better a platform.
2017-7-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks Merlin, the more I here about Litchi, the more I wanna make the switch... Will Litchi illuminate the 30/50 range default that pops up on the dji app from time to time for no reason
2017-7-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

That's elliminate
2017-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I haven't used a DJI flight app since 2015.  It's Litchi for me all the way.  
2017-7-23
Use props
Wvantoorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13369 ft
Netherlands

If i buy litchi for my android, and want to use my ipad air, do i need to buy it in the appstore again, or can i restore my previous bought program for the ipad? Did not find it very clear, and maybe other users have both O.S.
2017-7-23
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Once you buy Litchi and register it you can then download it for other phones for free. I have the android version so don't know if when you buy the android version if you can then download the iOS version for free.
2017-7-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-22 19:37
1 - Yes
2 - Yes
3 - Yes but I usually use Go for manual flight & Litchi for programmed flights.

Why do you prefer to use Go for manual flight over Litchi ?
2017-7-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

I'm thinking on getting a second tablet and only run litchi on it and keep the tablet I currently us for the GO App... That way no cross contamination lol
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules