No Positioning ATTI engines wont start after crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Recski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231142 ft
Brazil

Hi guys, I am a rookie who made a mistake and crashed into the balcony of the 13th floor of a building. My RTH altitute was not set properly and this happend. As far as I could tell only one of the blades was broken, which was a lucky strike. Anyway, yesterday I turned the drone on and everything seemed ok except for the fact that I could no pick up any sattelites nor could start the engine in auto or with the RC. In the app I get a No Positioning ATTI status and my engines just wont turn on. I recalibrated the compass and gimbal after the crash and tha was it. Anything else I could have done? I am wondering if my GPS is broken. Help appreciated. Thanls a bunch.
This is the link of the images I recorded of the crash -
2017-7-22
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Definitely needs a thorough inspection/repair. Would be foolish to try and fly after a crash without one.
2017-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DIY:  Take the top off and check the GPS module plug and that it's inserted correctly.  If it seems okay, inspect the module in the lid, especially the fragile porcelain antenna which may be broken or cracked.  The antenna can be replaced rather than replacing the whole module.  You tube will have videos on how to take the top off, etc.  

Know that you may lose your warranty if you DIY.  
2017-7-22
Use props
Recski
lvl.1
Brazil

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-22 03:21
DIY:  Take the top off and check the GPS module plug and that it's inserted correctly.  If it seems okay, inspect the module in the lid, especially the fragile porcelain antenna which may be broken or cracked.  The antenna can be replaced rather than replacing the whole module.  You tube will have videos on how to take the top off, etc.  

Know that you may lose your warranty if you DIY.

Okay. I do need special tools to remove the lid off right? I bought this drone second hand, so no warranty from DJI.
2017-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

2017-7-22
Use props
Recski
lvl.1
Brazil

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-22 08:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py2fXSvV40I

Yep .. I watched this one a while ago. Need to acquire a star screwdriver and follow these steps. Cheers.
2017-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

As you lift up the top, see that the plug is still fully inserted in the center board.  That's the GPS plug.  It probably is because the top kind of keeps it in place.  Unpeel the sticky RF blocking foil sandwich tape.  Remove the screws that hold the module.  Remove the module.  Check to see that the antenna on the top side is sound - no cracks.  Look that it's centered on the module and hasn't been knocked ajar and off center which would indicate a broken center solder where it connects to the module.  I bet there's a youtube vid on it.  Good luck!  
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules