Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI's warranty policy is a complete scam
947 11 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrViaCop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1476847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just as a little background, I bought my Osmo+ 5 months ago.  On a recent trip to Mexico, one of the pieces on the phone holder fell off (the corner swivel piece that folds out) due to the screw falling out.  I presume this was from normal usage since the thing has been very well taken care of.  So I reached out to DJI assuming they would just send me the missing parts or replace the phone holder.  To my dismay, they refused to do the right thing even for a tiny part like this.  Makes me wonder how they will react if something bigger happens to my expensive camera.  

For reference, I did check DJI's warranty policy (below).  They say nothing beyond the main camera parts.  I find it very convenient that they can simply arbitrarily make up rules to not support their loyal customers.  I've done a ton of research to find replacement parts but they simply don't sell them beyond the entire phone holder. So now I'm on the hook to pay another $50 for a couple of parts that they could've sent me for literally pennies. I've heard horror stories about DJI's terrible customer service but I'm sad to say that I have now experienced it first hand.  Buyer beware!

My defective phone holder
IMG_20170721_172706.jpg

DJI Warranty
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.35.47.png

My conversation with support

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.26.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.26.15.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.26.39.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.26.53.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.27.04.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.27.21.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 18.27.31.png
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MrViaCop, the warranty period of the accessories that are sold in our online store is usually 3 months, and this missing small part is unable to be sent to you directly. You have our sincere apologize for the trouble that has been caused.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Where did you find the warranty info for the osmo?

Also try switching the arm on the top to the bottom. Is your device still secure without the top arm?
2017-7-23
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 04:33
MrViaCop, the warranty period of the accessories that are sold in our online store is usually 3 months, and this missing small part is unable to be sent to you directly. You have our sincere apologize for the trouble that has been caused.

Where is the warranty for accessories stated on the website? I was wondering about the vehicle mount and a few others and could not find it.
Thanks.
2017-7-23
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 04:33

Thanks @DJI MIndy for the reply.  As dronesinairs asked, can you point us to where this information is stated?  In any case, while I understand the phone holder can be an accessory, it does however, come with the camera itself and it doesn't make sense that there's a shorter warranty than all the other parts.  What's there to stop DJI from arbitrarily stating other parts are not covered any time someone makes a warranty request?
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MrViaCop Posted at 2017-7-23 13:23
Thanks @DJI MIndy for the reply.  As dronesinairs asked, can you point us to where this information is stated?  In any case, while I understand the phone holder can be an accessory, it does however, come with the camera itself and it doesn't make sense that there's a shorter warranty than all the other parts.  What's there to stop DJI from arbitrarily stating other parts are not covered any time someone makes a warranty request?

If the accessories (except the main parts in our list) are available on our online store, the warranty period would be 3 months.
We will inform website administrator to update this information in our website as soon as possible.
We do apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-7-24
Use props
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

Yeah that is some bullsht!
They can't just make up and not disclose a separate warranty for a single part of the device. It's reasonable to assume that it is part of the handle and therefore 12 months warranty as stated.
2017-7-24
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-24 04:29
If the accessories (except the main parts in our list) are available on our online store, the warranty period would be 3 months.
We will inform website administrator to update this information in our website as soon as possible.
We do apologize for the trouble caused.

So DJI.com currently does not have any source for warranty information?

Looking for warranty info on the vehicle mount, batteries and a few others. I cannot find it in any of the documentation.
2017-7-26
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-7-23 12:02
Also try switching the arm on the top to the bottom. Is your device still secure without the top arm?

BTW OP, did this work?
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-7-26 12:47
So DJI.com currently does not have any source for warranty information?

Looking for warranty info on the vehicle mount, batteries and a few others. I cannot find it in any of the documentation.

We have the warranty period of accessories in our website, please check more details in: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
accessories warranty period.png
2017-7-26
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

yes it holds the phone but barely.  I definitely wouldn't trust it to hold it securely when I'm out and about.
2017-7-29
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 22:15
We have the warranty period of accessories in our website, please check more details in: http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Thanks DJI Mindy.  However, I would have to argue once again that accessories that are included with original equipment should carry the same warranty as said equipment.  What you quoted applies to accessories purchased separately.  Imagine if the engine in your car breaks after 5 months and the car company tells you they sell replacement engines with a 3-month warranty, therefore, you're only covered for 3 months.  More relevant to our conversation here, you guys sell the X3 camera as a separate component in your store (see below).  If the camera breaks on a customer's OSMO, are you going to make the same 3-month argument?  By this logic, you should just change the entire warranty period to 3 months?!  DJI is multi-billion dollar company.  Why don't you act like one and do the right thing for your loyal customers??  We're talking about a couple of parts that cost pennies.  I'm not even asking you to replace the whole bracket!
Untitled.jpg

2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules