Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DRONE BRICKED! No Image Tansmission/Gimbal Disconnected-HELP US DJI
3471 11 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eeen
New
United States

Newest firmware bricks your drone. It's done. Can't do anything. NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. The idiots on the phone at DJI Support have no idea what's going on. I literally had one tell me to do a bunch of steps and if it didn't work to CALL BACK. Yup. Didn't even want to wait on the phone with me. He didn't care. No one cares. My drone worked completely fine before all these ridiclous updates. NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. --- GIMBAL DISCONNECTED  ....... WRONG!!! I can still control the gimbal with the RC and even the app. It moves up and down, side to side. It is not off balance. I have:

-Removed the SD card (Sandisk Ultra 8GB)
-Deleted and reinstalled the DJI GO app
-Updated my iOS
-Updated all firmware (apparently a huge mistake, yet it can't be avoided if you want to fly)
-Tried the app on my iPad Air
-Formatted SD card
-Tried a completely different SD card (Sandisk Ultra PLUS 32GB)
-Formatted that SD card ^
-Calibrated the gimbal
-Calibrated the RC
-Did the flicking of the S2 switch to reset the Wi-Fi
-Reset all caches on app on both my devices
-Turned my phone on and off
-Restarted my phone (holding Home button & Lock button)
-Reset the network settings
-Forgot and reconnected device
-Cleared Flight Route, Video Cash, All Warnings
-Signed in and out of DJI GO app
-Chatted w/ Support on Twitter and twice over the phone
-Read hours and hours thru this forum and other drone forums
-Watched several YouTube videos and read comments
-Checked all wiring
-Charged all batteries to everything, RC, DRONE, IPHONE to 100 %
-Cleaned the drone carefully with an almost dry Clorox wipe. (in case dust or dirt or whatever)
-Did the ol' "BLOW ON THE CARTRIDGE" trick to several areas of the drone
-Exitted all apps on my phone

I am NOT resetting my iPhone in fear of losing things, I am NOT digging thru hidden folders to delete something that won't help, and I am NOT downgrading firmware because hello, it's going to ask that you upgrade it again anyway! I am NOT jailbraking my phone for any reason. I have read several posts saying all of these methods do not help anyway so I am NOT wasting my time.

I've flown this thing maybe 10 times since Christmas. We've had really nice summer days here and I have a lot of YouTube videos I've been wanting to make. This just depresses me even more and irritates the heck out of me.

Will somone at DJI PLEASE FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG! Remember in school when the teacher/professor would have you taking notes and at some point say "Everybody put their pencils down", and you're all looking around thinking "Omg no I have to write every word out of their mouth or I'll fail the test!"..They did it for a reason. They wanted you to be COMPELTELY focused on what the next words out of their mouth would be. SO---DJI---PUT DOWN YOUR PENCILS, gather round the table, and have a discussion. One on One.

GET OUR DRONES BACK IN THE AIR!
2017-7-22
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

First question:What IOS version is running on your phone?
2nd :What Go app version do you use now and what FW version is on the RC and AC ?
3rd: What WIFI settings are actually on the phone and does the Go app on the phone recognize your copter as P3S ?
4th: Can you control your copter in all 3 modes as well with the RC ?
2017-7-22
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I read through your list but nowhere do I read that you copied the FW bin file to your SD card ...

If you haven't - then try this :

Download to your PC the same FW file as you updated to ...
Copy the FW bin file to the ROOT of the SD card.

Put the card in the camera ...

Switch on AC and hopefully you will see the LED light on the gimbal start to flash RED - GREEN - RED ... continuously.

After some minutes camera may move .. you get a few beeps ...

It may take 20 mins or so ... but finally you will see a steady GREEN LED on the Gimbal.

Switch off ..

Now start up RC ... AC .... Tablet.

What we need to check now is NOT what you get on the tablet ... but that RC is linked to AC ... check that you have left most LED on RC green and that the little button LED in side of AC is green ... If not - do the Link setup ...

Most of what you did before has nothing to do with lack of connect.

One last point - and forgive me if you already know ... Hit AIRPLANE mode on the tablet and then enable WiFi ... log onto the Phantom 3 RC WiFi ..

Nigel
2017-7-22
Use props
fans4fe91216
New
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-22 11:27
I read through your list but nowhere do I read that you copied the FW bin file to your SD card ...

Thanks for the response.  I'm in the same boat. I've tried all of the advice including yours but still have the same issues..worked for like a minute and disconnected.   Mad as hell with DJI!!!! They need to make the fix now.   
2017-7-22
Use props
eeen
New
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-22 11:27

If you mean looking in the pin hole in the gimbal, that light was never a steady green-only flashing. I waited a half hour too. Followed all your steps in order btw. Still nothing. The Airplane mode didn't work either. Still saying Gimbal Disconnected. I'm about to give up. I really don't understand.
2017-7-28
Use props
eeen
New
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-22 11:02
First question:What IOS version is running on your phone?
2nd :What Go app version do you use now and what FW version is on the RC and AC ?
3rd: What WIFI settings are actually on the phone and does the Go app on the phone recognize your copter as P3S ?

1. I have iOS10.3.3
2. App Version 3.1.13
    Aircraft 1.9.20
    Firmware - It says "Normal (Latest Firmware)
3. My WiFi is on. not sure what else can be done to it.
   Yes, it sees it as PHANTOM3_ bunch of numbers and letters
4. The RC controls the gimbal.

2017-7-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

eeen Posted at 2017-7-28 16:52
If you mean looking in the pin hole in the gimbal, that light was never a steady green-only flashing. I waited a half hour too. Followed all your steps in order btw. Still nothing. The Airplane mode didn't work either. Still saying Gimbal Disconnected. I'm about to give up. I really don't understand.

Have you tried relinking the aircraft to the RC before all the updating stuff?
2017-7-28
Use props
eeen
New
United States

Test test test test
2017-7-29
Use props
eeen
New
United States

eeen Posted at 2017-7-29 09:01
Test test test test

Now now now now now
2017-7-29
Use props
eeen
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-28 16:55
Have you tried relinking the aircraft to the RC before all the updating stuff?

I've done done that a few times now but not before the update. So I will need to factory reset the drone I'm guessing??
2017-7-29
Use props
cgooding
New
United States

Has anyone any luck with this?  This is the same issue I'm having.  The drone still flies, and the gimbal responds to the RC, but there is no image in the DJI GO app when connected.  This happened after trying to do the last firmware update.  Even though it's out of warranty, how can DJI get away with not fixing a gimbal in perfect condition?
2017-9-17
Use props
meedz24
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

cgooding Posted at 2017-9-17 19:03
Has anyone any luck with this?  This is the same issue I'm having.  The drone still flies, and the gimbal responds to the RC, but there is no image in the DJI GO app when connected.  This happened after trying to do the last firmware update.  Even though it's out of warranty, how can DJI get away with not fixing a gimbal in perfect condition?

You can have a look at my thread, if you're experiencing the same as me - check the latest posts for the solution.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules