Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tried Tripod Mode for the Fist Time
1225 15 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have been having so much fun with my Spark that I hve neglected my P4 since the FW update.  I tried the tripod mode on the P4 today. I love it. This will make videos so much smoother.  Thanks for this great addition to my P4's software.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mtn,

How long has your P4 had Tripod?  I just looked the other day and mine did not have it.  Hmm.  Now I am going to have to fly tomorrow!

Good to see you are having fun now with your P4!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Used mine the other day too, love it.  Works great on my P4.  I really like this new firmware.
2017-7-23
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 01:49
Aloha mtn,

How long has your P4 had Tripod?  I just looked the other day and mine did not have it.  Hmm.  Now I am going to have to fly tomorrow!

Aloha! Tripod mode was received with the FW update earlier this month.  It would seem thay many have had issues with this update.  For me it was great.  
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnlandpix Posted at 2017-7-23 05:19
Aloha! Tripod mode was received with the FW update earlier this month.  It would seem thay many have had issues with this update.  For me it was great.

Aloha mtn,

Well, the sun will not set today until I have Tripod on my P4!  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 13:19
Aloha mtn,

I wish you sucess!
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mtn,

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

where do you set i to tripod mode...??
does it work og both android and Apple..?
2017-7-24
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jan Jensen Posted at 2017-7-24 04:49
where do you set i to tripod mode...??
does it work og both android and Apple..?

On the new firmware, just click on the remote icon on the left of the DJI Go 4 screen.  Several options will appear on the screen, just click on "Tripod".
2017-7-24
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me the biggest addition of the new update has been the new flight modes.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans5552cd23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139190 ft
Puerto Rico

This tripod mode is for the original P4 non advance and non pro?  Need to keep checking my update prompt, I did have a remote update but still have not received the latest P4 update.
2017-7-26
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans5552cd23 Posted at 2017-7-26 12:53
This tripod mode is for the original P4 non advance and non pro?  Need to keep checking my update prompt, I did have a remote update but still have not received the latest P4 update.

You may need to connect your P4 to a computer and update via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-7-26
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 13:19
Aloha mtn,

Aloha Cetacean

Hope you're keeping well?  

Just to double check, are you using the Go 4 app?  Tripod Mode is one of the intelligent flight modes and must be enabled in the settings menu.

Happy flying

Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-7-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2017-7-26 21:21
Aloha Cetacean

Hope you're keeping well?  

Aloha Ian,

Yes, I finally figured it out.  I was not using the new Assistant 2 software (2-2).  Now everything works that is supposed to work.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-26 23:12
Aloha Ian,

Yes, I finally figured it out.  I was not using the new Assistant 2 software (2-2).  Now everything works that is supposed to work.  Mahalo!

"I was not using the new Assistant 2 software (2-2)"

That's a good point, I wonder if any of the current batch of firmware problems are being seen because older versions of Assistant 2 being used ?

Other than yourself I've not read of anybody checking which version of Assistant 2 being used, then upgrading again and getting a positive result (albeit 'tripod' mode). I wonder if it would be worthwhile for those with unstable flight issues to double check Assistant 2 and re-update firmware if needed
2017-7-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-27 01:10
"I was not using the new Assistant 2 software (2-2)"

That's a good point, I wonder if any of the current batch of firmware problems are being seen because older versions of Assistant 2 being used ?

Aloha Aardvark,

That was one of my questions for a member and they said they were using 2-2.  But, I still think that it could be part of the problem.  Most of the problems are from devices that are compromised by age, storage or power and the users do not know how to get their system working right.  Then there are under-powered computers and inadequate Internet connections.  Everyone is spending so much money on their birds that they have no money left over for a good tablet.  (The nVidia Shield K1 solves that problem, but is having issues right now.)

The competition for processor time, due to downloads and apps running in the background, and storage issues is not obvious to some users which is why I like to suggest that they try a flight in Airplane Mode.  That way they can see what a difference that conflict makes.  

If you think about it, what we do is pretty simple.  We just explain to people how computers work and that they are flying three computers in a network, and we do it over and over and over again.  Once they see what a difference Airplane Mode can make, they are more open to how their specific problem needs to be resolved.

It does not help that firmware flashing has such a bad reputation.  As much as it is very different in today's world, it is still hard for some people to grasp.

Well, that is my rant for the day!  Mahalo for the point raised!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules