Argtek
1188 16 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nige
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30377 ft
United Kingdom

I have just orderd one of these Argtek upgrades 10dbi,have you made the upgrade and did you find it made any difference with regards to distance of your Phantom 3 standard?
2017-7-23
Use props
Wvantoorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13369 ft
Netherlands

Please keep me updated, have bad signal too on my standard, and thinking about buying an argtek too, or the other one wich i forgot the name...
2017-7-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The other one is the ITELITE dbsmods, a significantly better antenna.  
2017-7-23
Use props
Wvantoorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13369 ft
Netherlands

Thanks Mark The Droner! That is the one.
2017-7-23
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I have a Standard with a poor range problem.  At one time last year when it was new, I was able to get out to about 2,500 feet. I was never able to go out farther than that.   Over the last year the range has slowly diminished to about 900 feet.  I ordered the ARgtek and installed it.  I was then able to go no more than 1,500 feet.  So I just removed it.  I've been flying my P3 Pro most of the time.  But over the weekend I decided to get the Standard out, install the ARgtek again and try it out just for the heck of it.  I did, but all I get is about 1,250 feet.  I've heard that others get much better range with the Mod.  But I sure don't. I'm convinced that I have something wrong with  my RC unit or drone.  But I don't know what.  So it's going back on the dusty shelf.  On Sunday, with my Pro, I was able to go out 10,500 feet before I decided enough was enough and turned back.  I have yet to reach the maximum range with the Pro.  It just goes and goes.  The limitation is my nerves!
2017-7-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You might consider replacing your 5.8 transmitter
2017-7-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I've used ArgTec and it's been excellent, way further than I care to comment on lol. ButI always fly within govt guidelines. You won't be disappointed, just make sure you take time to properly install and make sure all connections are solid, might have a few stress moments if your like me doing it but TAKE UR time lol. Only problem I have now is the dji go 30/50 crap (only once like everyone else lol but gonna give litchi a try) good luck and enjoy!
2017-7-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Oh and I Ave a Pantom P3S as well
2017-7-24
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-24 06:34
You might consider replacing your 5.8 transmitter

Can you do that?
2017-7-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

The question is - is the range problem due to some dumb DJI update or is it that your transmitter is getting burned up?  Or is it something else?  Could it be your receiver?  Not likely.  Since you're been mucking around with the transmitter, it's probably the transmitter.  If it's the transmitter, you can replace the controller pretty easily by buying a good used controller on eBay.  Another option is to buy a good used controller on eBay and pulling that 5.8 right out with your fingers and pushing it into your old controller - you'd do that because you have a ton of mods on your old controller and it would be a PITA to start over with a new controller.  Some guy named Xang or Xiang or something posted that the 5.8 will pull right out.  It's underneath the 2.4.  Good luck.  
2017-7-28
Use props
Nige
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30377 ft
United Kingdom

First flight with the Argtek 2000ft, and only glitch was video signal weak but no warning for rc signal,I didnt go any further because I lost sight of the bird,so Iam pleased with the results so far.
2017-7-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Here's a video of my P3S doing 2063m with Argtek ...

Here's another with telemetry data showing so you can see the range etc... 2000m ....

Before fitting Argtek - I could not average more than 500 - 600m ......

Nigel
2017-7-29
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I got a decent distance.
4.55km DISTANCE 31 MAR 2017.jpg
2017-7-29
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-23 02:23

Question regarding all these antennas and Itelite particularly:
Do they have to be pointed accurately into the direction of the AC?
I have heard that about the Skyreat reflectors...
2017-7-29
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-23 02:23

Question regarding all these antennas and Itelite particularly:
Do they have to be pointed accurately into the direction of the AC?
I have heard that about the Skyreat reflectors...
2017-7-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Depends on how far you want to go.  The more accurately you aim, the further you'll be able to fly.  
2017-7-29
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

I use the GM5 (I was told argtek  rebranded) , 5.8G and (2) 7dbi , great distance and RC connection. I also have 2x Wireless 2.4G 2.4GHz 10dBi RP-SMA male WIFI Booster Antenna WLAN (which can be seen on this link      which I have not used yet but will ...
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules