Water Crash oeps..!
3804 33 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

Crashed my brand new SPark in the water.

So happy! that I bought DJI REFRESH! Two days ago.

Just made a repair request online.

2017-7-23
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oh no,that really sucks , like you said good job for REFRESH mate ...
2017-7-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you got a bit too close to those trees...DJI Refresh to the rescue
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tree's and bushes - A drones worst enemy when you can't see to control it nearby.
2017-7-23
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-23 08:14
Looks like you got a bit too close to those trees...DJI Refresh to the rescue

Hopefully the repair will not take too long
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does DJI Refresh cover pilot error or was the crash a result of a flight issue or failure. Not sure.
2017-7-23
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-23 08:17
Tree's and bushes - A drones worst enemy when you can't see to control it nearby.

Have not got the spark a week yet hope that dji wil come with refresh +, for people like me
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In answer to my own post - Pilot error is covered - https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the sharing. DJI Care Refresh sometimes is a good product to purchase.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help. Have a nice day.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-23 08:24
Have not got the spark a week yet  hope that dji wil come with refresh +, for people like me

Ken, sorry for the crash accident, please try to fly in open area, vision system is hard to detect the branched and lines during flight.
Each product is eligible for only one DJI Care Refresh which is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements. The service plan cannot be renewed after it expires. Really sorry for this and hope you to be more cautious to fly the drone in the future.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-23 08:23
Does DJI Refresh cover pilot error or was the crash a result of a flight issue or failure. Not sure.

DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. DJI Care Refresh can be used in these scenarios: DJI care使用场景.png If a drone crashed or flew away etc. because of malfunction, we will compensate your drone or repair with no charge if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy. Thus if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just the one refresh then. Careful flying from now on then.
2017-7-24
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 19:01
DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. DJI Care Refresh can be used in these scenarios:[view_image]

If a drone crashed or flew away etc. because of malfunction, we will compensate your drone or repair with no charge if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy. Thus if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

Your company service is stunning. i am so glad/happy, that i ordered the Dji refresh! (before the crash!) I have send out my drone today for repair.
Hope that the repair/check out wont take to long .
I "allready" mis my drone.
2017-7-24
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-24 01:18
Just the one refresh then. Careful flying from now on then.

Yes! thats the intention.
I guess even experienced pilots have accidents.
I will be extra careful. When he is home again
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-24 13:56
Your company service is stunning. i am so glad/happy, that i ordered the Dji refresh! (before the crash!) I have send out my drone today for repair.
Hope that the repair/check out wont take to long .
I "allready" mis my drone.

Sorry to hear about the crash, Ken. No worries, we'll take care of drone after it arrived, hope everything goes smoothly.
2017-7-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where you using an RC or controlling it with a phone?
2017-7-24
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-24 14:01
Yes! thats the intention.
I guess even experienced pilots have accidents.
I will be extra careful. When he is home again

Had a few scares which made me think.....Can you afford to fly like this. The initial temptations are many but I just think about the costs involved now on top of potentially getting reported by Jonny do gooder. The famous phrase PPPPPPP comes into play now when I fly. Hope she's back soon.
2017-7-24
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 18:25
Sorry to hear about the crash, Ken. No worries, we'll take care of drone after it arrived, hope everything goes smoothly.

Me 2 Thnkxs , for caring
2017-7-25
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-24 19:13
Where you using an RC or controlling it with a phone?

Rc, It was windy, should have known better. I was too close to the tree.
I don't like to use, the drone with only my mobile phone .
2017-7-25
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-24 22:13
Had a few scares which made me think.....Can you afford to fly like this. The initial temptations are many but I just think about the costs involved now on top of potentially getting reported by Jonny do gooder. The famous phrase PPPPPPP comes into play now when I fly. Hope she's back soon.

it really is the Temptation, add times. I also hope for a fast return.
2017-7-25
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Can i buy DJI Care if I own the drone already since July 10?

or they do not accept me?
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-25 04:25
Can i buy DJI Care if I own the drone already since July 10?

or they do not accept me?

Send an email about this to djicare@dji.com, they will tell you what you should do to purchase the DJI Care Refresh.
2017-7-25
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-25 04:39
Send an email about this to , they will tell you what you should do to purchase the DJI Care Refresh.

thank you so much

Send immediately.
2017-7-25
Use props
SladeHayes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485486 ft
United States

FWIW - A good friend lost his Spark in a creek in Bali a couple of weeks back. It was in the creek for about 30 min. He retrieved it from the water, let it sit in the sun for a day. Then took it home and let it sit in a bag of rice for a day or two more. The Spark came back to life and is fine. He's had no issues at all. Not that this is always going to work, but it would be worth a try before you have to use a DJI Care instance next time.
2017-7-25
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

SladeHayes Posted at 2017-7-25 05:24
FWIW - A good friend lost his Spark in a creek in Bali a couple of weeks back. It was in the creek for about 30 min. He retrieved it from the water, let it sit in the sun for a day. Then took it home and let it sit in a bag of rice for a day or two more. The Spark came back to life and is fine. He's had no issues at all. Not that this is always going to work, but it would be worth a try before you have to use a DJI Care instance next time.

I know, I paid for the refresh care, I just think, let them check it out! Also water can go everywhere, drying it with rice will maybe help, butt what if you get fungus or oxydation.. ?!   Even if your crash has resulted in minimal damage, it’s a good idea to get your drone checked out. Any crash could have caused internal damage that isn’t apparent until you next fly.
2017-7-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-25 04:18
Rc, It was windy, should have known better. I was too close to the tree.
I don't like to use, the drone with only my mobile phone .

I know how that feels, I lost a P4 that way and never recovered it due to the fast flowing river swallowed it...lesson learned for me.
2017-7-25
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-25 20:03
I know how that feels, I lost a P4 that way and never recovered it due to the fast flowing river swallowed it...lesson learned for me.

Wauw, hope that thats never gonna happen to me. what did't you do after, you bought a new ...?
2017-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-26 06:23
Wauw, hope that thats never gonna happen to me. what did't you do after, you bought a new ...?

I have not replaced the P4 just yet, bought a Spark and hoping for a P5 to purchase.
2017-7-26
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ooooh P5, now that sounds interesting. It would be good if they could R&D a more streamlined camera to reduce the Phantoms footprint in the air, without losing performance and features. I always think it looks a little ungainly in the air with the big legs. Don't get me wrong I love my P4P but feel the design could be tweaked to make it a little more streamlined and pleasing.
2017-7-27
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

I got my Spark back :  

Thanks DJI! Refresh Replacement (service Europe)  replacement was really fast 9/10 days! I am very grateful

Have got everything new! received a new Spark with battery.
I'm super careful at the moment with flying.

I Feel blessed Many thanks

#amazing #happy
2017-8-9
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-8-9 14:56
I got my Spark back :  

Thanks DJI! Refresh Replacement (service Europe)  replacement was really fast 9/10 days! I am very grateful

Brilliant news , nice to hear good reports from dji ...insurance pays eh ..
2017-8-9
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

"For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units within one year. Accidental water damage is covered. The replacements will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability."

Am I missing something? This is cut and pasted from the dji store. Is it one or Two replacements?
2017-8-9
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-8-9 17:40
"For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units within one year. Accidental water damage is covered. The replacements will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability."

Am I missing something? This is cut and pasted from the dji store. Is it one or Two replacements?

it's two , first repair €49 second €69
2017-8-10
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

woops, that is not good
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now