Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost Signal RC Spark
12Next >
2918 42 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agipaok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6969 ft
Greece

I think is a bit weird to lose signal with my RC and spark 43m height and distance 97.4m and 16 satellites !!!!!!!! And i see that from a distance and far (i think 50m distance) always have bad signal (video) and sometimes disconnects from RC also..! I am afraid to fly farther...! Whats the point to fly only on desert ??? that i have non obstacle ? not even a tree ????

Any ideas ?
IMG_201707232022420.jpg
2017-7-23
Use props
Sammy224
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3163 ft
United States

This morning I was flying above an old parked train, flew down the distance of 6 cars before losing connection. 185 feet. To date the return to home has not worked once.
2017-7-23
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1
Greece

Sammy224 Posted at 2017-7-23 10:28
This morning I was flying above an old parked train, flew down the distance of 6 cars before losing connection. 185 feet. To date the return to home has not worked once.

Return to home works fine for me...! but when DJI says 2km ....! 97.4m to lose signal...!! ITS VERY FAR FROM 2KM
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try updating the remote control, I did and all my problems went away.
2017-7-23
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1
Greece

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-23 10:49
Try updating the remote control, I did and all my problems went away.

When i buy it updated alone to the newest firmware !
2017-7-24
Use props
KamalNor
Captain
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

Yes me too very disappointed with Spark signals. I was flying my Sparky with RC at Patong beach (Phuket) last Saturday and kept losing signals even at just 50m away. I've finished all my 3 batteries and what I've got was bunch of useless static footage. Drone can do recording but couldn't move due to weak signals.  Kind of waste my effort and money travel to Phuket with the hope that I could captured some nice beach video. To make it worse, not far from me, there was a guy flying his China brand drone (Sixma) happily without any signal issue.

I can understand if it happens at the urban area with tall buildings but come on I was at the beach.  I could easily lost my signal even when flying 50m away at the 20m altitude.
Seriously this drone is really unpredictable and so inconsistence. It could spoil your vacation mood too. Maybe It's time for me to get rid this little drone and move to Mavic air or some other brand?
2018-7-10
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m flying 3km one way no problem with my spark
All stock.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-10
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

KamalNor Posted at 2018-7-10 00:50
Yes me too very disappointed with Spark signals. I was flying my Sparky with RC at Patong beach (Phuket) last Saturday and kept losing signals even at just 50m away. I've finished all my 3 batteries and what I've got was bunch of useless static footage. Drone can do recording but couldn't move due to weak signals.  Kind of waste my effort and money travel to Phuket with the hope that I could captured some nice beach video. To make it worse, not far from me, there was a guy flying his China brand drone (Sixma) happily without any signal issue.

I can understand if it happens at the urban area with tall buildings but come on I was at the beach.  I could easily lost my signal even when flying 50m away at the 20m altitude.

I think the issue here is your device.
Try version 4.1.15 for spark
2018-9-10
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Germany

I have the same problems...I think there might be some faulty RCs out there which just don't transmit as far as DJI intended. Even in FCC I only get 300m tops
2018-9-10
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

MartyTravels Posted at 2018-9-10 06:12
I have the same problems...I think there might be some faulty RCs out there which just don't transmit as far as DJI intended. Even in FCC I only get 300m tops

This means your RC is still in CE mode and not in FCC mode.
2018-9-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.4

4.1.15 was the last time my Spark worked properly.....

This latest DJI Go 4 app version is SO buggy!!!!!

Downgrade to 4.1.15......
2018-9-10
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I had the same..  in a Park barely 40m away it just went into ATTI mode when i had plenty of Satelites..   I fear that the Spark loses it's  settings and goes haywire.      Here's what happened to me..  Was streaming it live when it lost control and I couldn't turn it back home..  Thankfully GPS came back and I was able to RTH...  Scary when it happens.  Can't say I completely trust the drone now and have barely flown it further than 200m away from me since ..   
2018-9-10
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1

I dont think that is the version of software etc . Is the hardware of our SPARK . They produce them quick , they sell it to us very early and we became like beta testers to them....! Then they produce MAVIC AIR and all good.....! I am very disappointed with DJI !
2018-9-10
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Germany

agipaok Posted at 2018-9-10 22:36
I dont think that is the version of software etc . Is the hardware of our SPARK . They produce them quick , they sell it to us very early and we became like beta testers to them....! Then they produce MAVIC AIR and all good.....! I am very disappointed with DJI !

That's what I think
2018-9-10
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Germany

S.J Posted at 2018-9-10 16:29
This means your RC is still in CE mode and not in FCC mode.

How do you know what mode my RC is in?
2018-9-10
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

I can understand if it happens at the urban area with tall buildings but come on I was at the beach.  I could easily lost my signal even when flying 50m away at the 20m altitude.

Very many, we have often described the new version as DJI Go app. the range is broken. Use 4.1.15. so there's no problem with 300m either.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

MartyTravels Posted at 2018-9-10 23:40
How do you know what mode my RC is in?

Hi Marty,

You can tell it from the number of WiFi channels. If it shows 13 channels, its CE mode, 11 channels is FCC mode.

HTH,
Wolferl
2018-9-11
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

On a beach, there are people. Lots of them, and they carry their mobiles with them, creating lots of interference. And, you said, there was another guy flying his Chinesium drone...it could very well be that his controlling disturbed the channels you used to fly Sparky.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-11
Use props
MartyTravels
First Officer
Germany

Wolferl Posted at 2018-9-11 03:17
Hi Marty,

You can tell it from the number of WiFi channels. If it shows 13 channels, its CE mode, 11 channels is FCC mode.

It doesn't make a difference. If I switch into FCC I have 11 channels, but the short distance stays the same, and I'm talking about flying on an open field with no interference in the countryside.

Even in CE mode it should fly further, right?
2018-9-11
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

MartyTravels Posted at 2018-9-11 03:37
It doesn't make a difference. If I switch into FCC I have 11 channels, but the short distance stays the same, and I'm talking about flying on an open field with no interference in the countryside.

Even in CE mode it should fly further, right?

Hi Marty,

Yeah sure it is possible to fly Sparky 300m on CE mode at an open field. It could be some defect in your R/C (are you using the R/C?) with the antenna connections or so...difficult to tell.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_8brU45reCnOu
Captain
Flight distance : 11264892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Is there some sort of emergency procedure to follow when gps is lost? I don't want to hold both sticks down to stop the motors and let the spark fall.
If I do nothing, will the spark hover till signal is regained? Can I use the pause button?
Apart from watching in horror to see where it lands what can I do?
2018-9-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-10 06:02
I’m flying 3km one way no problem with my spark
All stock.

I highly doubt you are full stock. At least CE mode changed to FCC mode.
2018-9-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

djiuser_8brU45reCnOu Posted at 2018-9-11 04:18
Is there some sort of emergency procedure to follow when gps is lost? I don't want to hold both sticks down to stop the motors and let the spark fall.
If I do nothing, will the spark hover till signal is regained? Can I use the pause button?

You can still fly it manually like thousands of hobbyists before GPS was introduced to the drones.
2018-9-11
Use props
Quade
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322871 ft
Canada

agipaok Posted at 2018-9-10 22:36

There are many posts about Mavic Air disconnects too.
2018-9-11
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-9-11 08:32
I highly doubt you are full stock.  At least CE mode changed to FCC mode.

That is true. Ofcourse I was in FCC mode

Fly safely everyone
Alex
2018-9-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

So firmware / software at the end of 2017 worked:
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_Doq1kqcWRsvT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

I see a lot of people flying around houses and other objects that might mess with their signals.
And at the beach with people using their cell phones.
Imo go to a open field and see how far yo can get out . One guy on YouTube went for a long distance.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

djiuser_8brU45reCnOu Posted at 2018-9-11 04:18

Hi,

Well, there's not much you can do when you lose GPS in mid flight. RTH and pause button can only work with GPS. Doing the CSC in the air does NOT turn the motors off.
Only way: keep your bird always in VLOS, and pilot it back in ATTI mode, or descend and land it just where you are.

Cheers,
Wolferl

2018-9-12
Use props
djiuser_8brU45reCnOu
Captain
Flight distance : 11264892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Wolferl Posted at 2018-9-12 03:10
Hi,

Well, there's not much you can do when you lose GPS in mid flight. RTH and pause button can only work with GPS. Doing the CSC in the air does NOT turn the motors off.

Thank you for the information, guess I must bone up on my atti skills. Bit of a bummer though as one of my concerns before purchase was loss, but I was assured it would not happen - but it did. Retrieval was something of an adventure with me climbing barbed wire fencing and wading through waist high foliage calling "here sparky, nice sparky, come out wherever you are...."
2018-9-13
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

Since the latest firmware, I get frequent disconnects at short distances. Never had this before. Things are get more and more buggy with every new firmware/DJI Go release...
2018-9-13
Use props
wallin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10886 ft
United States

hi,
and what is a solution? Downgrade to 4.1.15. Thanks God, you can find all files @ APK mirror
2018-9-14
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-13 12:02
Since the latest firmware, I get frequent disconnects at short distances. Never had this before. Things are get more and more buggy with every new firmware/DJI Go release...

It’s not buggy, it’s that every new release of the app, requieres more and more powerful device to function properly.
For example the latest app version requieres at least 4gb of ram ( better 6gb of ram) on an Android device to work properly.
You just need to downgrade to 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 and everything will be back to normal.

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-9-14
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.4
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-14 16:47
It’s not buggy, it’s that every new release of the app, requieres more and more powerful device to function properly.
For example the latest app version requieres at least 4gb of ram ( better 6gb of ram) on an Android device to work properly.
You just need to downgrade to 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 and everything will be back to normal.

It has nothing to do with memory consumption on the phone. I get disconnects between my Spark and the RC controller with the latest firmware, that has never happened before. But yes, DJI GO4 is getting worst with every new release. I should probably just downgrade and stick to that. Another option would be that DJI does his homework and fix that app.
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-17 10:40
It has nothing to do with memory consumption on the phone. I get disconnects between my Spark and the RC controller with the latest firmware, that has never happened before. But yes, DJI GO4 is getting worst with every new release. I should probably just downgrade and stick to that. Another option would be that DJI does his homework and fix that app.

Exactly, you get disconnects because the device does not have enough ram to process the flight.
It’s very simple actually.
There’s nothing for DJI to fix. I repeat if you have a very good device then the latest app version works no problem.
If not then just stick to 4.1.15 forever and everything will be fine.
Just make sure to never update the app again on that device.
Each new version of the app requieres more and more powerful device,
There’s nothing to be done Unfortunatelly.
As more features and stuff is added to the app it’s inevatable that the device requirements get higher and higher.
The only solution I see is if DJI made separate apps for different drones,
But that’s not going to happen.

I give you a clear example. On my Samsung galaxy s6 on version 4.3.1 (the latest) I could only reach 50/100 meters tops before completely losing the signal, and I had weak signal warnings on the whole time the whole flight.
After downgrading to 4.1.15 I did 2300 meters on the same device!!!

Fly safe everyone
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

I second that

Go back to the official 4.1.15 or the MOD 2.0 app (which AFAIK is based on the 4.1.15) and enjoy your Sparky. Updating the app is not worth the trouble.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-17
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Also are you flying on 5.8 or 2.4 GHZ??? That's make a difference in range.!!
2018-9-18
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Also if you are flying in Europe then take into account that by default the drone will be in CE mode, which is topped at 500 meters on both the 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz range.
If you want to go past 500 meters with spark,then you need to change to FCC mode.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-18
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.4
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-17 12:44
Exactly, you get disconnects because the device does not have enough ram to process the flight.
It’s very simple actually.
There’s nothing for DJI to fix. I repeat if you have a very good device then the latest app version works no problem.

Again, there is no proof that this has anything to do with memory consumption. Yes, downgrading might fix the problem, not because of less memory needed but because of bugs not present in the previous version. Also I doubt splitting the app per DJI model would have a huge impact on memory consumption.

But yes, I second that every DJI GO4 update is a PITA, not because of increasing memory consumption but because new bugs introduced in the app. I would prefer that DJI fix that app and everyone upgrades to the latest version than sticking to some old releases.

It's not a range problem because the disconnects happen sometimes at like 30 meters and right after that on the same battery I go to 1 km (but don't tell anyone) without any issue.
2018-9-20
Use props
Junior SBC
Captain
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Sorry for the delay in my story. Here, being an urban region we suffer great signal interference, due to the large number of routers and wifi repeaters of 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. I could not fly more than 250m and the maximum I get here today is 700m thanks to channel changes in the DJI Go 4 application, for me, that distance is already beyond the necessary.
I use the Android application "Wifi Analyzer" and I see which channel has less interference and I change it manually and after restarting the connection I return the channel search in the "automatic" mode, because in the middle of the flight, that selected channel may be being used in some device (wifi, repeater, antenna, etc) with signal stronger than the communication between our remote and the aircraft.

Hugs
2018-9-20
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-20 11:47
Again, there is no proof that this has anything to do with memory consumption. Yes, downgrading might fix the problem, not because of less memory needed but because of bugs not present in the previous version. Also I doubt splitting the app per DJI model would have a huge impact on memory consumption.

But yes, I second that every DJI GO4 update is a PITA, not because of increasing memory consumption but because new bugs introduced in the app. I would prefer that DJI fix that app and everyone upgrades to the latest version than sticking to some old releases.

DUDE IF YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD PHONE THEN THE LATEST APP RUNS WITH 0 ISSUES!!!
LIKE ON MY IPAD AIR2, PERFECT!!!
You abviously are not very tech savvy and don’t know how things work for sure, so I’m not gonna argue with you.
Whatever you say. If you don’t listen, there’s nothing I can do.
Just downgrade to 4.1.15 if you don’t wanna have any issues and change to FCC, that’s my advice.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules