Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New rules ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZS1SSM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

[b][i]Got this via internet .

London - British officials have announced plans to regulate drone use in a bid to prevent accidents and threats to commercial aviation.

The new rules announced on Saturday will require drones that weigh 226.79g or more to be registered and users will have to pass a safety awareness exam during the registration process.
The government acted because of concerns that a midair collision between a drone and an aircraft could cause a major catastrophe. The new rules will make it easier for the government to track drones that have been flown in a risky manner or infringed on protected airspace.
Pilots have been warning of near misses in recent years as more and more drones have taken to the air.
Details of the registration plan haven't yet been worked out.

Any one that can confirm this ??
2017-7-23
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

At the moment these are proposals based on an EASA document. Nothing is yet set in stone.
2017-7-23
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

2017-7-23
Use props
NLB2355
New
United States

I always fly responsibly and follow local laws (I live in a no fly zone, what a challenge), but as I become more familiar with the world of drones it appears that if regulators had their way, we would be confined to smaller and smaller areas. Does anyone know of or belong to any lobby groups speaking for the drone enthusiast or business operator?

Thanks
2017-7-23
Use props
fanscd441cd9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

We have lots of Canadian geese in the UK but these don't seem to be a problem. No one controls them or how they fly.
2017-7-24
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

What craziness is next, you need to pass a driver's test and have a license plate on your car to drive it?

Oh, wait.
2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscd441cd9 Posted at 2017-7-24 11:49
We have lots of Canadian geese in the UK but these don't seem to be a problem. No one controls them or how they fly.

You will find the geese where there long before aviation. Maybe if there are too many old people we should cull them as well they can be an awful burden on young tax payers. Lol
2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NLB2355 Posted at 2017-7-23 16:26
I always fly responsibly and follow local laws (I live in a no fly zone, what a challenge), but as I become more familiar with the world of drones it appears that if regulators had their way, we would be confined to smaller and smaller areas. Does anyone know of or belong to any lobby groups speaking for the drone enthusiast or business operator?

Thanks

There are many groups involved in discussions for new proposals on rules for the whole of Europe expected in 2018, I have sat at some of these meetings, they are also attended by dji representatives, from what I've seen an heard so far these new rules are progressive and are not looking at stifling drone flyers in anyway, on the contrary they are looking at trying to open up more space than a lot of EU countries have at present, the interests of commercial and hobbyists are very much to the fore in these discussions, and not what people might think, aviation doesn't have a problem with drone flying, but because of aviations record on safety they are not going to put this at risk in anyway, and rightly so.

I think soon all new drones will come with note explaining the registration for your country and you will be required to sit an online safety test and registration, I don't envisage this being difficult or expensive but it may well be tied into your drone, so before you can activate you must first register, this may not happen so soon but I can see it happening in the future.

I also think we will see a separation of professional drones from hobbyists. I.e. You could buy and use an inspire2 as a professional commercial license, or you could buy an inspire2 for hobbyists no license or lesser type of license, so the hobbyists inspire2 may be a dampened down version than professional inspire2, but with software that can be unlocked if hobbyists sits his commercial exam.

There are also well advanced plans to introduce new airspace for drone flying , this space will be known as U Space, so there will be a future for drones and aviation are not against drone flying but will encourage drone flying in the future.

it won't stop many from getting hysterical, but that's just part of any new changes, but most of that will be just hysteria.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules