30 meter max distance?
2130 11 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans26483208
New

Norway

I start the Mavic, start the controller that automatically starts the go app on my S8+.
I'm logged in the app.
I have a max flying hight at 120 meters and free distance.

But.
I can't fly hier then 30 meters or 50 meter distance.

Why?
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Because you did not read the MANUAL...

Make sure you are NOT IN BEGINNER MODE. Also make sure to LOG in to DJI server and register so you can unlock the distance and height.

Again read the manual, practice in the academy, and then stay in beginner mode and practice and then ...
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-23 15:59
Because you did not read the MANUAL...

Make sure you are NOT IN BEGINNER MODE. Also make sure to LOG in to DJI server and register so you can unlock the distance and height.

LOLRookies.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Actually it is ,   to think they will be flying this thing all over the place and it is also too!
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-23 16:30
Actually it is  ,   to think they will be flying this thing all over the place and it is also  too!

You're right, It is scary knowing we have a bunch of novices flying drones around us.  There should be a requirement that you have to learn how to fly manually before getting into DJI products.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

I've been doing this for a while, and I got fooled and it's not in the manual.  I had the exact same limits and it was NOT in beginner mode.  I had just updated firmware, and came here to see what was up.  The new firmware limits you to 50m horizontal, 30m vertical UNLESS YOU'RE LOGGED into your DJI account.  Then I saw that the updated DGI GO 4 app had a sign in page and everything was back to normal.  Reload the DJI GO 4 app whether it says to or not.  It had been updated.

This may be rookie question that's been answered, but suppose you're flying in a place with no wifi and can't log in?  A smart phone will normally have a mobile data link, but suppose my tablet didn't also have a Verizon mobile data link.  DJIs systems couldn't know you're even flying if you have no internet access.  Does it default to its normal mode.

I'm going to disable mobile data and wifi and see what happens.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-23 16:36
You're right, It is scary knowing we have a bunch of novices flying drones around us.  There should be a requirement that you have to learn how to fly manually before getting into DJI products.

I suggested that a year ago. Let them show that they spent so many hours in the academy, so many hours in the beginners mode before they let them spin out of control but DJI cares about sales first and now they are limiting everything and everyone...
2017-7-23
Use props
fans26483208
New

Norway

Hmmmm.
I have been flying this drone for some months now.
Beginner mode is of and as I said. I'm logged in.
Everything look normal in the settings. I can change the higt to under 30 meters. But when I set the higt back to 120 meters, it won't go hier than 30 meters...
2017-7-23
Use props
fans26483208
New

Norway

Forgot to say. The firmware is up to date.
And I have been flying drones for 3 years now. Have 5 drones, Phantom 3, 4 and 4 pro, Mavic and spark. I can't say I'm a newbie...
2017-7-23
Use props
marcelkoks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51362 ft
New Zealand

For most people it was resolved by logging out of the app, delete and reinstall the app, and log in again.
2017-7-23
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans26483208 Posted at 2017-7-23 18:23
Forgot to say. The firmware is up to date.
And I have been flying drones for 3 years now. Have 5 drones, Phantom 3, 4 and 4 pro, Mavic and spark. I can't say I'm a newbie...

Check your DJI Go 4 app version, make sure you have the latest one (version 4.1.4 for Android)
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Reistall the APP and make sure you have the latest one, then log into the APP. If it is still the same, try to restart the APP and the drone for several time.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules