Please Identify Part
1986 12 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ron Mort
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54990 ft
United States

There is a small circuit board mounted in the Yaw Arm on the Phantom 4 Camera Gimbal.  I broke a little black black clip on one of the ribbon cable  connectors so I cant lock in the cable.   I want to replace  this board but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.   If anyone can  help, I would appreciate a link so I may buy this part.   Thanks in  advance.
PS: The board is not the same as the one in the P3.   I tried to add a picture but this thing is giving me a hard time.

2017-7-23
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

Looks like this:
IMG_2337.JPG
2017-7-23
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

Another pic
IMG_2336.JPG
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is ESC board on the gimbal. We don't recommend repairing by yourself since the damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals will not be covered by warranty according to DJI After-Sales policy. We suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if you need.
2017-7-23
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

Too late, Thor.  I replaced the flex cable and the Yaw Arm.  Besides, the drone is a year old and out of warranty.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ron Mort Posted at 2017-7-23 20:05
Too late, Thor.  I replaced the flex cable and the Yaw Arm.  Besides, the drone is a year old and out of warranty.

It's alright, how does the drone perform now?
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

2017-7-23
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 23:28
It's alright, how does the drone perform now?Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

The drone still has problems but I'm working on it.  I need to replace that ESC board if I can ever find one, the yaw motor is damaged, the 3-in-1 board may need to be replaced and the forward sensors give an error.   This drone is very fixable but not worth the crazy (over $800) that DJI wants to fix it.   I bought another brand new P4 for $818.00 and if I cant fix the old one, it will be used for parts.
2017-7-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I broke a little black black clip on one of the ribbon cable  connectors so I cant lock in the cable.

Lock the cable with hot glue instead of buying a new PCB.  

Regards Leif.
2017-7-24
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-24 14:33
I broke a little black black clip on one of the ribbon cable  connectors so I cant lock in the cable.

Lock the cable with hot glue instead of buying a new PCB.  

I thought about that, however, I don't understand exactly what the little black bail thing does.  Does it merely keep the cable from pulling out of the connector?   Or does it also press the cable down to insure a good electrical contact?   I thought I would err on the side of insuring a good connection and replace the board.   If you know better, please explain.   BTW, I can't find this PCB for sale anywhere in the internet universe anyway.
2017-7-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Ron Mort Posted at 2017-7-24 15:35
I thought about that, however, I don't understand exactly what the little black bail thing does.  Does it merely keep the cable from pulling out of the connector?   Or does it also press the cable down to insure a good electrical contact?   I thought I would err on the side of insuring a good connection and replace the board.   If you know better, please explain.   BTW, I can't find this PCB for sale anywhere in the internet universe anyway.

The black piece of plastic does both things. Now I'm not sitting here with the remains, but if you insert the cable and push the remains black plastic into the plug for then and give hot glue, I think it will be seated. Your quad does not fall to the ground if the connection is not held, it's probably only your gimbal that does not work.

You can also buy a new plug that should be soldered in PCB. I will not be surprising that a small repair shop for mobile phones can make such a repair.

It is about finding the possibilities.   

Regards Leif.
2017-7-24
Use props
Ron Mort
lvl.1
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-24 21:19
The black piece of plastic does both things. Now I'm not sitting here with the remains, but if you insert the cable and push the remains black plastic into the plug for then and give hot glue, I think it will be seated. Your quad does not fall to the ground if the connection is not held, it's probably only your gimbal that does not work.

You can also buy a new plug that should be soldered in PCB. I will not be surprising that a small repair shop for mobile phones can make such a repair.

Thanks for your input, Leif...  I'll try the hot glue first.
2017-7-25
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Ron Mort Posted at 2017-7-25 11:26
Thanks for your input, Leif...  I'll try the hot glue first.

Tnx, good luck Ron.
2017-7-25
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Its the electronic speed controller controls the yaw motor
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now