Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Issues
1179 7 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quietstorm55
New
United States

Hello everyone,
I bought a Mavic 2 months ago and up till this day, I can not get the compass calibrated or registered. I and my wife has tried at least a dozen times in both of these issues and can not get them to work! Is there a "sign" of some sort that it will tell you have it calibrated and that the scan worked. I am a disabled vet and please go easy on me, because my mind is not as sharp as it use to be before my "accident" I received while in the service! I am using a 10 inch Samsung tablet if that helps any. If you want and have time, you can either email me the steps or ost them. Thanks in advance and hope someone can help me so I can enjoy my drone like it should be used instead of a heavy paper weight. Thanks again, Quietstorm
2017-7-23
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I can not get the compass calibrated or registered.

I'll be glad to try to help, but first we need to get some more information about what's happening and what isn't working. You mentioned that you can't "get the compass calibrated or registered", but the only registration that's done is for the Mavic itself. So are you saying that you aren't able to get the aircraft registration to complete successfully? If that is the problem, what specifically happens when you try to register?

My question with regard to compass calibration are similar: what happens when you try to calibrate the compass that makes you think it failed?

One thing I should mention that may or may not be relevant here is that when you set the Mavic down that you want to make sure that it's clear of anything that might affect the compass. In practice that means making sure it's away from any metals (iron, steel, etc.), and those are found in places that sometimes surprise people, such as the steel rebar that's often embedded within concrete. If you're seeing a message that reads something like, "Move aircraft or calibrate compass", that almost always means that it has been placed near something that's interfering with the compass and just needs to be moved.
2017-7-23
Use props
quietstorm55
New
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-23 18:04
I can not get the compass calibrated or registered.

I'll be glad to try to help, but first we need to get some more information about what's happening and what isn't working. You mentioned that you can't "get the compass calibrated or registered", but the only registration that's done is for the Mavic itself. So are you saying that you aren't able to get the aircraft registration to complete successfully? If that is the problem, what specifically happens when you try to register?

About compass calibrating not working is because the lights in the rear is flashing red,yellow and green!
About the scanis states the numbers can not be read. To try again. I tried and tried with no results!
2017-7-23
Use props
marcelkoks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51362 ft
New Zealand

Did you follow the instructions the app is giving you? It will also tell you if the calibration was successful. Perhaps you can give us a step by step rundown on ow you do the calibration?
2017-7-23
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

quietstorm55 Posted at 2017-7-23 18:29
About compass calibrating not working is because the lights in the rear is flashing red,yellow and green!
About the scanis states the numbers can not be read. To try again. I tried and tried with no results!

I've linked to a video that shows how to do a compass calibration, so you may want to take a look and make sure you're following the steps mentioned for performing the calibration.

I also sent you a Private Message with contact information if you'd prefer to try to diagnose this outside of the forum. To review the message go to the top of the page and move your cursor over the bell icon, then click on "PM" and finally click on the message you received to view the entire text.

2017-7-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I will try and simplify it for you.
Firstly, you need to make sure the RC is not near the Mavic and you are in an open space well away form anything metal that can affect the compass. Don't have anything metal on your person either.
Once you go into the app and commence the compass calibration you need to hold the Mavic approximately level and try to hold the Mavic in the same position while you move anti clockwise in a circle. If that completed successfully you will see the lights on the Mavic go green and whoever is holding the RC will see that the Mavic is now pointing down (the camera facing the ground). Now you need to hold the Mavic with the camera facing down and do the same as you did before by holding the Mavic and move anti clockwise in a circle. At the end of the circle the lights will go yellow. This indicates the calibration was successful and should be indicated accordingly on the RC.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

As you mentioned, "the scanis states the numbers can not be read", could you please provide a screenshoot about this for better assistance? What have you tried to register this drone? Here is a video for your reference.
2017-7-23
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Hi! Let's see if we can help you identify your issues. First of all, you can check the status of the compasses by clicking on the [...] menu (top right corner) and then first row (drone symbol) go to Advanced, Sensors state. Over there you'll be able to see what the readings of both your IMU and your Compasses (it has 2) are giving.

To learn how to calibrate, there are plenty youtube videos that can help you out, but lot's of them are also WRONG (people rotating the drong the wrong way, turning it the wrong way...) So let's draw some guidelines here:

-Unfold the arms prior to everything and remove the gimbal cover/clamp.
-Put the drone on the ground. Turn on remote, turn on the drone and wait for it to initialize.
-Make sure that you're not wearing anything metallic on your arms (wristband, watch, etc..) If so just take them off during calibration.
-Make sure that you're on an open field with no magnetic interference. Concrete flors often have metal  inside. A table , your house... it's all full of metallic things that can lead to a false calibration.
-Once you're ready, start the calibration and do the following:
--> Pick up your drone and put it horizontally. Rotate it clockwise, but make sure that the drone stays in the same position and rotates over there. The best option is that you rotate around the drone holding it steady, the drone will stay in the same spot and rotate, instead of rotating around with you.
--> When you get the green lights, turn it face down and repeat the process. Another green light will confirm the calibration.

Now you can go back to check the sensors state to confirm that the reads are good.

If the process never works, then you probably need to get in touch with support to send it for repair.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules