Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
app crash glitch image
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thrasher-HD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

so the new update went fine but im flying on an open field and the app crash on the middle of my flight..i have the nvidia tablet..everything is uptodate
so how come i get the weird interference on the screen like the drone was niles away when is really a hundred feet?
how can i correct this?
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Had you tried another mobile device to test if it is the device's problem?
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Thrasher,

The nVidia Shield K1 is going through issues right now since the Android upgrade to Nougat (Android 7).  Some people have had good results downgrading the nVidia Shield K1 to Android 6.

I am riding out the storm and almost back to normal.  But, the K1 is still disconnecting when it gets in a processor stressed situation, even if it is real close to me.

As for your Camera View quality, you can go into the HD settings (in General Settings or top right of the Camera View) and select Custom (rather than Auto).  This will allow you to choose the band with the strongest green signal and you can also reduce the bitrate to the second lowest (or lowest) setting.  For me, this results in a real good camera view.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 23:24
Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Had you tried another mobile device to test if it is the device's problem?

Aloha Thor,

Thrasher has the nVidia Shield K1 problem.  I gave him some suggestions.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 01:19
Aloha Thor,

Thrasher has the nVidia Shield K1 problem.  I gave him some suggestions.

Thank you for the help, I hope it could help Thrasher, too.
2017-7-24
Use props
Thrasher-HD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 01:17
Aloha Thrasher,

The nVidia Shield K1 is going through issues right now since the Android upgrade to Nougat (Android 7).  Some people have had good results downgrading the nVidia Shield K1 to Android 6.

thank u so for the rely..i will try all that
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 04:48
Thank you for the help, I hope it could help Thrasher, too.

Aloha Thor,

On a side note, have you heard of any P4 and P4 Pro users who are not able to save Waypoints Missions?  The last step of saving the mission will not save and I am asked to "retry?".  This is after the RTH altitude is confirmed.  

If you do not know of an easy answer, I will start a new thread and see what the others have to say.  This has been going on for a month and to be honest could just be my device somehow or a setting (like the video cache) is somehow being exceeded.  Has me stumped though.  My P3P does Waypoints real well though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 19:20
Aloha Thor,

On a side note, have you heard of any P4 and P4 Pro users who are not able to save Waypoints Missions?  The last step of saving the mission will not save and I am asked to "retry?".  This is after the RTH altitude is confirmed.  

Just to verify, are you using Android mobile device? If yes, Android device could not save the waypoints missions at present, we are so sorry about this. Our engineers were aware of it and working on it. We will fix this issue in the next version of Android app. If you need to use this function, we recommend using an iOS device at this moment. Sorry again for the inconvenience and please wait patiently. Thank you.
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 22:28
Just to verify, are you using Android mobile device? If yes, Android device could not save the waypoints missions at present, we are so sorry about this. Our engineers were aware of it and working on it. We will fix this issue in the next version of Android app. If you need to use this function, we recommend using an iOS device at this moment. Sorry again for the inconvenience and please wait patiently. Thank you.

Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the information.  Yes, I have the nVidia Shield K1.  Your answer is what I thought might be wrong since it affected both my P4 and P4 Pro.  But I still have my trusty P3P for Waypoints!  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 22:37
Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the information.  Yes, I have the nVidia Shield K1.  Your answer is what I thought might be wrong since it affected both my P4 and P4 Pro.  But I still have my trusty P3P for Waypoints!  Mahalo again!

Thanks for the feedback, so you can use the nVidia Shield K1 to run the waypoints missions successfully right? If so, I'll transfer this info to our engineers, too. This is a known issue and it will be fixed in the next version. Please kindly wait patiently.
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 22:50
Thanks for the feedback, so you can use the nVidia Shield K1 to run the waypoints missions successfully right? If so, I'll transfer this info to our engineers, too. This is a known issue and it will be fixed in the next version. Please kindly wait patiently.

Aloha Thor,

NO, no, no!  You were right!  My Android nVidia Shield K1 is NOT able to save the Waypoints missions.  So your information confirms my Android problem.  Sorry for the mix-up!

My nVidia Shield K1 is also used with both my P4 and P4 Pro.  You have explained why I am having that problem.  Everything works except it CANNOT save the mission.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-25 00:10
Aloha Thor,

NO, no, no!  You were right!  My Android nVidia Shield K1 is NOT able to save the Waypoints missions.  So your information confirms my Android problem.  Sorry for the mix-up!

OK, alright, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll help to remind our engineers to escalate the process. Thank you for the feedback.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 02:01
OK, alright, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll help to remind our engineers to escalate the process. Thank you for the feedback.

Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the help!  Everything is working very well with my P4 and P4 Pro.  Be sure to send our appreciation to the engineers!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-25 16:12
Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the help!  Everything is working very well with my P4 and P4 Pro.  Be sure to send our appreciation to the engineers!

You are welcome. Aloha Cetacean.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules