Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark RC Password
2486 4 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7fa979c
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to understand this:
All the Spark RCs come with the same password and it's grandma's email password. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this password, only the Sparks password which is only used when flying using a phone or tablet. This seems terribly insecure and possibly dangerous. I am also beginning to wonder if this explans some of the fly away issues as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please explain how I can change the remote's password or explain how having a network with a name that explains what it is secured by a password that can be easily found by searching online is a good idea. I've looked through the forums and all I can see are people misunderstanding the problem and giving directions on how to change the Spark's password.

2017-7-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The current Android version of DJI Go 4.1.3 or below can change the wifi password.  But mind to let you know that is a bug came with and DJI support to correct it in the new version.
But I already tried second device to login the RC which result DJI GO 4 found NO Spark at all.  So the RC can connect thru WIFI with one single device only.  Of course with that simple password hacker still can hack in.
2017-7-23
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I don’t own an android device. Might be able to borrow one from a friend to do this.
2017-7-23
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Captain
  • >>>
United States

So, if your phone crashes, someone can snag the connection while your phone restarts and you would not be able to reconnect? Also, has anyone tested what happens when an org cable is used?
2017-7-23
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Captain
  • >>>
United States

In previous post typed OTG but was autocorrected.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules