Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying Mavic Pro for money
508 4 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrstuart88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34321 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning all.

I bought the Mavic Pro for recreational use but I have been approached by a friend of a friend who said he would pay me to fly drone around some land and take some photos and video.

are there laws in the U.K. that in need to adhere to when flying the drone for money?

Thanks
2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you need to be registered not 100% sure, but if it's just a guy and your flying on private property with his permission, see if he will accept responsibility if anything goes wrong, and get paid a gift for helping him out. It might be the start of something for you, then you will need to get license insurance etc etc.
2017-7-24
Use props
adrstuart88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34321 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Hallmark. You would think there would be information readily available on the internet to confirm wether or not you need to be registered.
2017-7-24
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

adrstuart88 Posted at 2017-7-24 04:05
Thanks Hallmark. You would think there would be information readily available on the internet to confirm wether or not you need to be registered.

Maybe try the governing body in charge of our airspace and drone regulations ?CAA

2017-7-24
Use props
Scottie SW
New
United Kingdom

Hi ADR Stuart 88,

Here is a link from the Civil Aviation Authority about the use of small drones for commercial applications (which it is what it sounds like, if money is exchanging hands) https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial ... se-of-small-drones/

On this link you will see a link to the CAA the 'SRG1320' Form which is an application to fly a drone in UK airspace.

I'm the new proud owner of a Mavic and a professional Wedding Photographer - I've researched into it and decided I'll just be using the Mavic for personal projects only as I don't want any issues with the commercial side as I do not intend on becoming qualified because of the cost of the fees.

Note: On the news a few days ago the UK Government are seeking that all drone operators will require to have undergone some 'basic safety training'. Details on how or when this will come into effect or even a desired effect date were mentioned. - worth looking up and keeping an eye on thought.

I hope this helps!
Scott @ SRSW
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules