Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark crash and Fallen into the sea during a pano
12Next >
4713 44 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfccb3ee0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11017 ft
Italy

Hi, my spark crashed and Has fallen into the sea during was shooting a pano. I lost my spark in the sea...I'ma very scared about it, Fortunately there were no people or things. I opened a request repair...I hope dji recognize the problem under warranty, i also have dji carehere a video of my flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn8WWQ2JnvI

2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sorry to hear you lost your spark. It looks like an in air power cut off, again. Curious what Dji will say..
2017-7-24
Use props
fansfccb3ee0
lvl.1
Italy

2017-7-24
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us updated on DJI's response to this malfunction.
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Is it only my imagination or averagely 1 fall per day...
Now I don't actually want to know what DJI going to do with the fall aircraft anymore but 'm concerning more on how they are going to stop the falling...
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Also, maybe because I am stupid, but totally cannot understand DJI. If it is not aircraft error, they should have informed that. The fact that they did not say anything confirmed that it is aircraft erroe (not pilot error).
And if that is the case, they should also tell the users to temporary stop flying and wait for the fix, because the more users fly, the more chance DJI has to repair...
But they are being silent until now.
To be honest, my Spark has been on the shelf for a week, and I am sure who are joining this forum also do not dare to fly, or can really enjoy playing with Spark without feeling scared that it will fall.
Again, just feeling myself so stupid to not able to understand what DJI is thinking.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansfccb3ee0
lvl.1
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-24 02:55
Please keep us updated on DJI's response to this malfunction.

It is going to open a fly away case. I hope DJI recognize the issue under warranty.
2017-7-24
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

You still need the corpse of the Spark for DJI care
2017-7-24
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

You should really check out this forum post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103039-1-1.html

I lost my drone at Sea and several others have lost theirs in the waters. DJI is refusing to replace or admit any fault. Dozens of these drones have fallen from the sky. Because the flight logs don't show anything more than a flight log ending, they aren't admitting to anything. Good luck with your case.
2017-7-24
Use props
Mimus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 03:38
Also, maybe because I am stupid, but totally cannot understand DJI. If it is not aircraft error, they should have informed that. The fact that they did not say anything confirmed that it is aircraft erroe (not pilot error).
And if that is the case, they should also tell the users to temporary stop flying and wait for the fix, because the more users fly, the more chance DJI has to repair...

the very reason i have not gone over water and only fly over grass and never very high. I too worry about mine falling out of the sky breaking into pieces.
2017-7-24
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Today I flew for about 430mt, in height I do not remember 50 meters maybe.

I have taken a panoramic, after the nine shots I missed the drone 0,9secondi connection, although the signal strength was high.

It remained the word "not connected to the drone" (similar I do not remember)

but I could fly it and I saw the video streaming.

very strange.
The word "in flight" appeared to me when the drone was in front of me, and not before I switched from photo to video in options ..
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 03:38

i agree.  definitely a bigger issue here.. and a very very concerning issue.     

as for how many per day averaging, i think the value is only going to go up because only more being purchased..   unless they fix it and apologies and make a statement.

second of all, i think it is wise if they locked down all sparks into a no fly thing with the app. until there is a fix...  they can allow people to pass the block if they accept that its entirely their fault if a problem occurs while in lockdown mode.
2017-7-24
Use props
tjalex
Captain
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-24 02:06
Sorry to hear you lost your spark. It looks like an in air power cut off, again. Curious what Dji will say..

Ha ha. 3 days ago. my spark all of sudden black out. battery left 98 percent. gps good. it went only up to 33 meters.  3 minutes flight. distance is only 13 meters away. all of sudden. it shut off and fell like a dead body into a fountain. very upset. the techician saw the flight log. all agreed not human error. spark definitely has issue. shut off automaticaly. hummm
2017-7-24
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

tjalex Posted at 2017-7-24 14:48
Ha ha. 3 days ago. my spark all of sudden black out. battery left 98 percent. gps good. it went only up to 33 meters.  3 minutes flight. distance is only 13 meters away. all of sudden. it shut off and fell like a dead body into a fountain. very upset. the techician saw the flight log. all agreed not human error. spark definitely has issue. shut off automaticaly. hummm

The only "saving grace" to this entire falling from the sky debacle is the fact that the Spark isn't very heavy, thus god forbid if it were to fall on a human the injuries should be minimal.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans07aae7d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United States

looks like it just died in the middle of the air hope DJI does the right thing.
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

I not yet have my Spark crashed (However, the only reason is because I am afraid to fly and it's been on the shelf most of the time). However, I think Spark users in this forum are:
1- Either rich people: so that you don't really care it crashes or not because you can always buy another one.
2-Or either too nice people: I can see the the cases keep increasing. And DJI is treating customer with no respect (Showing no response about what is going on with those cases). However, we all the users only be able to use the words "I hope", or " I wish". Without daring to say "I request DJI to..." .After all, we are the payers, we worked hard for the money to buy Spark and to enrich their company, so, shouldn't DJI has the ressponsibility to keep us updated with the errors, and their solutions?
From the beginning I tried to analyze the cases so that people can see the threat and put pressure on DJI, but not many users really care...
2017-7-24
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-24 12:50
i agree.  definitely a bigger issue here.. and a very very concerning issue.     

as for how many per day averaging, i think the value is only going to go up because only more being purchased..   unless they fix it and apologies and make a statement.

No, sorry but DJI putting a global lock on the drone, while they fix issues that are affecting maybe 2% of users would be a really bad idea on their part.

I purchased my drone to fly it, and that is its primary function.  If I am flying it properly and it falls out of the sky, that is an issue I raise with DJI to resolve, not something that I will accept responsibility for just to fly my drone.
2017-7-24
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 17:12
I not yet have my Spark crashed (However, the only reason is because I am afraid to fly and it's been on the shelf most of the time). However, I think Spark users in this forum are:
1- Either rich people: so that you don't really care it crashes or not because you can always buy another one.
2-Or either too nice people: I can see the the cases keep increasing. And DJI is treating customer with no respect (Showing no response about what is going on with those cases). However, we all the users only be able to use the words "I hope", or " I wish". Without daring to say "I request DJI to..." .After all, we are the payers, we worked hard for the money to buy Spark and to enrich their company, so, shouldn't DJI has the ressponsibility to keep us updated with the errors, and their solutions?

which of those categories do you fall into??

I'm not rich by any means, but I use the drone as intended, if it crashes, I can't afford a new one and any way, I damn well expect DJI to replace it for me.

I don't think anyone is being too nice, I think that most people realise that getting angry and obtuse does not generally help your case when dealing with a repair or replacement.
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

JaredD Posted at 2017-7-24 17:38

I'm not rich by any means, but I use the drone as intended, if it crashes, I can't afford a new one and any way, I damn well expect DJI to replace it for me.

I would say I fall into the second categories, if only me request an answer from DJI, there would be no response. And it is true, I did try, and I created many threads relating to the crash incident, no answer from  DJI because it is only me. The more people talk about it, the more people request the answer,, the more word of mouth spreaded, DJI surely cannot being silent forever.
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 17:40
I would say I fall into the second categories, if only me request an answer from DJI, there would be no response. And it is true, I did try, and I created many threads relating to the crash incident, no answer from  DJI because it is only me. The more people talk about it, the more people request the answer,, the more word of mouth spreaded, DJI surely cannot being silent forever.

Also, just to remind that seems like the up-coming gimmick with the update are tempting and make people to crave for the update, but no information what it can do about the power cut-off...
-180 panorama
-Gimbal pitch speed
-Video recording guesture
all those features would be meaningless if your Spark fall to the river and you wasted $500.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 17:47
Also, just to remind that seems like the up-coming gimmick with the update are tempting and make people to crave for the update, but no information what it can do about the power cut-off...
-180 panorama
-Gimbal pitch speed

or $700 for fly more....    i feel the pain of loss..$700 is one hell of a hit to my wallet..huge in fact....

mine decided to climb a tree all way up 100 feet probably... all on its own and then eat dirt after falling nose first into the ground.. RIP little spark.. RIP.  very tough drone by all means, it still turns on and takes off, but that's about it.. it doesn't know where it is other than GPS and visual system... just spins around wildly and crashed into things..

im returning mine to amazon.
2017-7-24
Use props
Efrommel13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73606 ft
Puerto Rico

so is not safe to use the drone? I did a few things like change to 2.4 the frequency and  tomorrow i will be testing the spark lets see how he react. hopefully i dont lose him. im praying to get the update tomorrow or something.  because this is starting to look like the karma thing i keep saying, lets hope that if they make a recall they reward us with a Mavic lol!!!
2017-7-24
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

fans07aae7d8 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:38
looks like it just died in the middle of the air  hope DJI does the right thing.

Happen to me the same
2017-7-25
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

JaredD Posted at 2017-7-24 17:38

I never seen anyone so far in this world is rich. all are in poor category. Because, when people having problems no helps comes on time. he he he. so consider all are poor. he he he. i have spark and i seldom fly them. so worried it will crashed again soon. hummm. no money to buy another one.
2017-7-25
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Efrommel13 Posted at 2017-7-24 19:09
so is not safe to use the drone? I did a few things like change to 2.4 the frequency and  tomorrow i will be testing the spark lets see how he react. hopefully i dont lose him. im praying to get the update tomorrow or something.  because this is starting to look like the karma thing i keep saying, lets hope that if they make a recall they reward us with a Mavic lol!!!

Spark is sure having some issue. since my spark all of sudden fell like a dead body from 33 meters high and the distance between me was only around 13 meters. it seems the battery shut off. the technician told me..its the spark error. all was good. battery at 93 percent. we opened a case to DJI and waiting. it feel into a fountain. ha ha ha. i was happy..what if it fell on someone's head. ha ha ha..
2017-7-25
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Well for that it looks that flight was not taken under Italian regulations, unless the pilot wasn't a licensed pilot on specialized operations.
2017-7-25
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Cyprus

My friend bashed me for choosing spark over mavic...sadly it's him laughing at me now when I can't make myself fly this damn thing anymore
2017-7-25
Use props
fansd8e80c3c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Brazil

I don't understand how people can't wait 1 week for a firmware update, right now I know that there my be an issue  with the software, so even not having any issues so far I'm avoiding flying
2017-7-25
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.3
United States

fansd8e80c3c Posted at 2017-7-25 14:59
I don't understand how people can't wait 1 week for a firmware update, right now I know that there my be an issue  with the software, so even not having any issues so far I'm avoiding flying

I have been flying mine over water no problems yet it is doing what it supposed to do. I am sure DJI will do the right thing by everyone who is affected by their spark falling out the sky.
2017-7-25
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

We dont know for sure the update is coming tho its not set in stone. So until then i will fly and enjoy my spark if something happens i trust that dji will make it right
2017-7-25
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Don't understand why people blame on users as DJI does not release any announcement !
Who can speak loud to the public that the Spark was not safe to fly !

Wait ? We know when the new firmware or apps update will be release ? Yes we now all know as it was released yesterday.
2017-7-25
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.4
Ukraine

I looked up weather in Ladispoli, Italy on the 23rd July 2017, when and where this crash happened:

https://www.wunderground.com/his ... amp;reqdb.wmo=16224

The wind was not strong, but the humidity was very high, between 56% and 100%, and the air was rather hot up to 34C. Could it be that the humidity of the air cases such crashes? Other reports also came from areas with potentially high humidity.
2017-7-25
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
Bahamas

Mine has been flawless over 20 flights, all over water.  I won't be upgrading any firmware or app,  at least for a long while, as sometimes upgrades bring more bugs than they fix. If my case... "if it ain't broken don't fix it " applies
2017-7-26
Use props
edgonzo
New
Flight distance : 397500 ft
United States

This exact thing has happened to me. My drone failed mid flight with 60% battery life left. I have been waiting for 4 weeks for a response and today they say according to the logs everything was fine. I have hundreds of hours flying drones and this one just died mid flight. I think these need to be recalled as this is dangerous.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansfccb3ee0
lvl.1
Italy

edgonzo Posted at 2017-7-26 04:07
This exact thing has happened to me. My drone failed mid flight with 60% battery life left. I have been waiting for 4 weeks for a response and today they say according to the logs everything was fine. I have hundreds of hours flying drones and this one just died mid flight. I think these need to be recalled as this is dangerous.

Had you a new spark from DjI?
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

PascalG Posted at 2017-7-26 04:06
Mine has been flawless over 20 flights, all over water.  I won't be upgrading any firmware or app,  at least for a long while, as sometimes upgrades bring more bugs than they fix. If my case... "if it ain't broken don't fix it " applies

i wish that were possible but if you don't upgrade there will be a lot of features disabled and the distance greatly reduced. i'm pretty sure the camera will be disabled as well if you do not upgrade.
2017-7-27
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-24 15:07
The only "saving grace" to this entire falling from the sky debacle is the fact that the Spark isn't very heavy, thus god forbid if it were to fall on a human the injuries should be minimal.

dji must look into this matter seriously. its not the minimal damages but our hard earn money is at risk as well. for the rich...its ok..but those poor. hummmm. very sad. thanks..
2017-8-1
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

fans07aae7d8 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:38
looks like it just died in the middle of the air  hope DJI does the right thing.

so far, 2 cases in Chile alone. spark got heart attack in mid air. and i read many forums..so far 14 cases already. that shows...spark surely has a issue. its cheap..may be dji did not put in a good hardware or firmware..cheap things always give problems sooner. hummmm.
2017-8-1
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 17:12

after my crash. i mean spark fell like a dead baby elephant. i am more careful or rather use it seldom. dji will talk easy..please send the log..send the drone..we will repair. but will dji pay for the travel and shippings. hummmm... every dollars worth so much for the poor.  all the best.
2017-8-1
Use props
DiveApp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Is there any good new about the issue? Have they fixed it with the latest firmware? I just got my spark yesterday and I'm starting my first flights, not far not high, but I need to do some recordings of boats in a couple of weeks, on the sea obviously, and that issue really scares me...
2017-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules