Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys
just sharing  for the curious minds .

Next step today or tomorrow is an antenna booster to find out if it improves my ongoing range/distance issue , video coming soon with Litchi screen recording for MAx altitude or  flight distance  before RTH auto engage .

2017-7-24
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

When I opened mine the wifi board was hanging by it's antenna wire not even plugged in to the main board.  Disappointing to me after seeing inside of most of my other transmitters even the cheap eflite one that came with my mSR years ago.
2017-7-24
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:00
When I opened mine the wifi board was hanging by it's antenna wire not even plugged in to the main board.  Disappointing to me after seeing inside of most of my other transmitters even the cheap eflite one that came with my mSR years ago.

That’s sad .
2017-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Somebody must have dropped the controller or dropped the box during shipping.

Xian, does the 5.8 transmitter come out easily?  I am just curious.
2017-7-25
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-25 14:37

Yes could be a shock prior his ownership that causes that .

The 5.8 transmitter came out easily YES , but after removing the glue of course and using a micro  Flat screwdriver to lift it up .
2017-7-25
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:00

Wow & it still worked
2017-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-7-25 14:39

The 5.8 transmitter came out easily YES , but after removing the glue of course and using a micro  Flat screwdriver to lift it up .

Cool, thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

You are welcome Mark , no thanks , let me see if i can find a video file and time lapsed it for you on Youtube ( only if i can get my hands on it ) .
2017-7-25
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Yes  the transmitter worked fine. I didn't have any video feed due to the wifi being disconnected.
2017-7-25
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Zero quality control that day. There were no glue dots at the connector or the sticky foam block between the 2.4 and 5.8 like my other transmitter I have does. Nice to have a spare transmitter though I've been looking at the dbs mod closely if I decide to stay with dji.
2017-7-25
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-25 14:37

Nope not dropped see my reply to Xian. If you ever get a chance to look inside the transmitter personally you'll shake your head. Not really impressive but I am comparing it to my computer transmitters that I fly helis and planes with.
2017-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I've seen the inside of three of my own DJI controllers and they have all been designed and built extremely well.  Must have been a rogue employee.  
2017-7-26
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

That's what I think or a Monday or Friday build lol, but I am used to better gimbals and electronic work. My Spketrum, JR, and Airtronics transmitters are first class internally even the cheap one that I added a bearing kit too. Even the wiring between boards is neat and tidy. These aren't bad but they just don't have that feel that my 12 channel has.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules