Galaxy Tab E
13573 22 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Anybody know if the Samsung Galaxy Tab E works with go4?

2017-7-24
Use props
XRSTOY1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107976 ft
United States

My Tab A works fine the trick is to start both the AC and Remote and then the tablet, then the Tab will see the AC and give you a choice of
2017-7-24
Use props
XRSTOY1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107976 ft
United States

My Tab A works fine the trick is to start both the AC and Remote and then the tablet, then the Tab will see the AC and give you a choice of which app to connect.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Samsung Galaxy Tab E has not been officially tested and  stability can not be guaranteed. Please take care when you test the performance.
2017-7-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-30 00:52
Samsung Galaxy Tab E has not been officially tested and  stability can not be guaranteed. Please take care when you test the performance.

I think im gonna get a Galaxy Tab 4. From what I understand it works pretty well with go4. It should, its plenty fast enough.
2017-7-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I ended up getting an awesome deal on a Galaxy Tab S. 1.9 ghz  quad core, 3 gig's of ram, 8.4 inch screen, Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS. I got for $95 delivered. I think im gonna like it. Thats a lot of tablet for $95.
Tab S.jpg
2017-8-2
Use props
scoopieb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186398 ft
United States

My Tab E did not work.  I just got a Huawei media pad M3 and it seems to work well as long as it's in "airplane" mode.
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

scoopieb Posted at 2017-8-2 08:16
My Tab E did not work.  I just got a Huawei media pad M3 and it seems to work well as long as it's in "airplane" mode.

Thanks for the info
2017-8-2
Use props
SaturnEngr
lvl.1
United States

All those with a Galaxy Tab, you might want to watch these videos:      and      Both show the same "cure"
2017-8-18
Use props
SaturnEngr
lvl.1
United States

All those with a Galaxy Tab, you might want to watch these videos:      and      Both show the same "cure"
2017-8-18
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

SaturnEngr Posted at 2017-8-18 17:34
All those with a Galaxy Tab, you might want to watch these videos:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHY0QbQ8NTI   and   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYRRfMaEMU   Both show the same "cure"

I havent had this issue. My tablet recognizes it just fine. It just lags behind and progressively gets worse but I think ive got it all sorted now. Its not perfect but it works when I cant use my iphone which is rare.
2017-8-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

XRSTOY1 Posted at 2017-7-24 08:23
My Tab A works fine the trick is to start both the AC and Remote and then the tablet, then the Tab will see the AC and give you a choice of which app to connect.

XRSTOY
Can you please explain, why do you have to start the AC & RC first then your Tab A?  
Why wont it do this otherwise?
Which Apps are referring too, more than Go4...like litchi etc.?

Thank you
2017-8-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-19 17:20
I havent had this issue. My tablet recognizes it just fine. It just lags behind and progressively gets worse but I think ive got it all sorted now. Its not perfect but it works when I cant use my iphone which is rare.

Mr Duchunter
Would you mind expanding on this further please?  
Exactly which Tab do you have or get and exactly what problems were you having?  Do you know why?
Exactly what did you do to sort it out?  
Does that mean it is working just fine or are there still limits that you are just accepting as is?

Thanks

2017-8-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-19 18:05
Mr Duchunter
Would you mind expanding on this further please?  
Exactly which Tab do you have or get and exactly what problems were you having?  Do you know why?

Sure, I have a Galaxy Tab S AT&T version running Lollipop. The tab S has a quad core 1.9 ghz processor and 3 gigs of ram. It was factory reset when I got it. I set it up and did all the updates and I then installed go4 4.1.5 on it and that is the only app I installed. I did have to side load it due it saying the app was not compatible. When I tried to use it to fly the latency was horrible and it would get progressively worse (30 seconds or more) as I flew. I then wiped the tablet and did not let it install any unnecessary software. I installed go4 4.0.3 and disabled everything that was not required to run the app. I force closed everything that I could not disable. I put in airplane mode before I start the app and it usually does pretty good like that. If it does start to lag I will launch, kill the app, and restart it while im in the air and that gets it running with minimal latency. I think the problem is all the bloatware that Samsung puts on their tablets. They seem to take priority over everything else. Ive only flown with it a few times since I reset everything. I do need to do some more testing. Putting the HD video stream on manual and locking it on a good channel then dropping the bit rate to 4 mbps helped greatly with the stream glitching out but it does still happen from time to time.
2017-8-19
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-19 18:19
Sure, I have a Galaxy Tab S AT&T version running Lollipop. The tab S has a quad core 1.9 ghz processor and 3 gigs of ram. It was factory reset when I got it. I set it up and did all the updates and I then installed go4 4.1.5 on it and that is the only app I installed. I did have to side load it due it saying the app was not compatible. When I tried to use it to fly the latency was horrible and it would get progressively worse (30 seconds or more) as I flew. I then wiped the tablet and did not let it install any unnecessary software. I installed go4 4.0.3 and disabled everything that was not required to run the app. I force closed everything that I could not disable. I put in airplane mode before I start the app and it usually does pretty good like that. If it does start to lag I will launch, kill the app, and restart it while im in the air and that gets it running with minimal latency. I think the problem is all the bloatware that Samsung puts on their tablets. They seem to take priority over everything else. Ive only flown with it a few times since I reset everything. I do need to do some more testing. Putting the HD video stream on manual and locking it on a good channel then dropping the bit rate to 4 mbps helped greatly with the stream glitching out but it does still happen from time to time.

OK thanks
I'm looking to get a Tab A, but if you look long and hard enough it seems you can find someone anywhere who has one kind of a problem or another with there tablet be it Tabs, apples, whatever...some have said hey mine works fine but then you look and it is a high dollar item.
One thing is for sure, I don't have the big bucks to get a $500 to $800 tablet that works with these systems.  I'm a bit drone poor at the moment.
I do plan to solely dedicate the Tab to drone ops so I will shut everything down not needed to run the tablet or the flight app.
Open to any advice...

2017-8-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-19 18:47
OK thanks
I'm looking to get a Tab A, but if you look long and hard enough it seems you can find someone anywhere who has one kind of a problem or another with there tablet be it Tabs, apples, whatever...some have said hey mine works fine but then you look and it is a high dollar item.
One thing is for sure, I don't have the big bucks to get a $500 to $800 tablet that works with these systems.  I'm a bit drone poor at the moment.

I think the Galaxy A Tablet works pretty good with the go app. Its a pretty nice tablet.
2017-8-20
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3611440 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I bought a Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 screen 8 "4G SM-T719Y, for use with djigo 4. Anyone have an opinion on this tablet?
2017-8-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Roberson Ricard Posted at 2017-8-24 07:55
I bought a Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 screen 8 "4G SM-T719Y, for use with djigo 4. Anyone have an opinion on this tablet?

The Samsung Tablets have a ton of bloatware on them that you need to disable or at least shut down. Even a crazy fast tablet gets bogged down with all those Samsung ad-ons. They cause nothing but problems with the go4 app.
2017-8-24
Use props
Tim Williams6
New

United States

scoopieb Posted at 2017-8-2 08:16

sorry, wrong message

2018-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SaturnEngr Posted at 2017-8-18 17:34
All those with a Galaxy Tab, you might want to watch these videos:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHY0QbQ8NTI   and   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYRRfMaEMU   Both show the same "cure"

Interesting video's.
I'm thinking about the S3 (with pencil).
2018-3-30
Use props
djiuser_35iviiHulNCP
New

United States

SaturnEngr Posted at 2017-8-18 17:33

THANK YOU so very much for this !!!! I have a Samsung Tab E doing exactly whats in those videos. Got fed up last night. Going to go try it now.
2019-6-4
Use props
djiuser_fvMsqHF6BckY
New

United States

djiuser_35iviiHulNCP Posted at 6-4 15:18
THANK YOU so very much for this !!!! I have a Samsung Tab E doing exactly whats in those videos. Got fed up last night. Going to go try it now.

Running a 9e super laggy after finally connecting. So bad I am debating refund ( also has blue flicker) rather than exchange. Anyone have a 9e working properly? I hate apple products and do not want to be stuck going with the iPad 4.
2019-6-27
Use props
djiuser_fvMsqHF6BckY
New

United States

djiuser_35iviiHulNCP Posted at 6-4 15:18

Running a 9e super laggy after finally connecting. So bad I am debating refund ( also has blue flicker) rather than exchange. Anyone have a 9e working properly? I hate apple products and do not want to be stuck going with the iPad 4.
2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules