Poor Signal & Disconnected Aircraft
5750 17 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Hi All... Been out putting the Inspire 2 to work over the past few days and I had a very worrying moment today. I keep getting awarning for strong interferance etc even though I am extremely remote with nothing in the way. I flew the bird over to a lighthouse which was quite a distance apprx 2000 mtrs but still in line of sight with no obstructions (middle of nowhere) All of a sudden it was the dreaded aircraft disconnected notice. Luckily it responded to return to home but I was worried!! It did not regain connection until it was about 20 feet over my head which was a concern. It flew all the way there with signal, but then lost it and never regained it until overhead.

Now I have only had the i2 for a few weeks but I have constant warnings about poor signal/strong interferance. Is this normal? Or has everything gone completely to *hit since that last update? I have a variety of issues from gimbal not centred to connection being lost.

I have to say the bird is an amazing peice of kit but I don't yet have full trust in it due to all my issues I have been having. This was paid work today and I coul dnot get the full shot I wanted due to the loss of connection, so I'm not best pleased.

Any advice here is appreciated, or at least a nod from Dji to acknowledge that there are issues and they will be fixed.

I never had all these issues with my little Mavic!
2017-7-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Question for the OP:  When it disconnected, did you noticed if the colored green led went dark on the RC (the left most one) although the remaining white battery level LEDs stayed on?

Mine did that and showed "Disconnected" and screen went gray.  I had it set to "Hover in place" and it did, but once I restarted the RC and connected it was fine.  I don't know why the RC partially shut itself off like it did (Latest firmware too, maybe bad like the P4?).

Got me wondering what would have happened if I set it to RTH and the RC shut itself off?   If I restarted the RC, would the RTH waypoint also change to where it was already in a RTH flight (i.e. "Setting Home Point" voice on starting.) coming back home?

But I'm with you.  I sort of lost faith in the thing too if it disconnects in flight.
2017-7-24
Use props
I2 Air Wolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466171 ft
United States

Never trust a drone, this happend to me about 2 weeks ago, this never happened before so i stay calm and regained control, it has never happend again. Weird things happen in normal places..
2017-7-25
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Folks,

Yeah I honestly can't remember if the controller light remained green to be honest. It was a little too far away for me to be able to physically try and fly it back via line of sight only. I stayed calm and banked on the return to home working which it did. Very concerning though with a bird worth that much money. Considering I was flying over water :0
2017-7-26
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

More issues today, flying withing 400 mtrs and image signal issues and supposed signal interference even though I was in the middle of nowhere again! Can somebody from DJi please respond to this... so many issues....
2017-7-30
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two Inspire 2's here, and I have the same issue on both. Since the last FW update, the system reports significant interference, though more on 2.4 than 5.8. It seems that when the system changes channels to get a clean signal, the link frequently drops entirely.  I tested both in the middle of a golf course today. No wireless devices there, no cell antennas. Before that last update, the signal strength would decrease with distance or obstructions, but 2.4 was generally reliable even through a few trees worth of foliage. Now? Total signal loss, but the strength bounced back and forth between nearly full, and zero.  Whatever happened in that last update all but destroyed reliability of the control and video links.  Before I was able to test on the second Inspire 2, I opened a ticket for troubleshooting and repair. The only suggestion from DJI was to send in the aircraft for service. No... I'm not sending two birds in for service when the problem was caused by the last FW update.
2017-7-31
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here's the Airdata dump for the flight.  http://app.airdata.com/main?share=sXlLaR
2017-7-31
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hard to believe that DJI is still telling me that there is a problem with my aircraft. Seems impossible to get through the point that it's two separate aircraft, and two separate controllers.  Fully functional Inspire 2's that now show signal loss over short range with no obstructions (see Airdata link in earlier post).
2017-8-1
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan M Posted at 2017-8-1 14:30
Hard to believe that DJI is still telling me that there is a problem with my aircraft. Seems impossible to get through the point that it's two separate aircraft, and two separate controllers.  Fully functional Inspire 2's that now show signal loss over short range with no obstructions (see Airdata link in earlier post).

hello forum,

My inspire 2 has been doing the same exact thing , low signal strength after the firmware update on both 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz.

never had this issue before,  And flying from the same exact spot as always .
This is a Firmware issue and not my inspire 2, was working 100 percent with the old firmware.

As this is really become a problem with my busy work schedule ,  $10,000 paper weight right now
DJI Mindy please have the engineers fix this issue ... Drone is out of commission .

stop making us th beta testers
2017-8-1
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I received another email from support today, asking me to send in the aircraft. The support team doesn't seem to understand that BOTH of my Inspire 2 systems were impacted by the firmware update. Not sure what it will take for the company to actually read the reports, and reply with something useful.  At this point, they are making FreeFly Systems look like a better way forward.  I'm just reaching my patience limit with the lack of any useful feedback here or in support tickets.
2017-8-2
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan M Posted at 2017-8-2 16:32
I received another email from support today, asking me to send in the aircraft. The support team doesn't seem to understand that BOTH of my Inspire 2 systems were impacted by the firmware update. Not sure what it will take for the company to actually read the reports, and reply with something useful.  At this point, they are making FreeFly Systems look like a better way forward.  I'm just reaching my patience limit with the lack of any useful feedback here or in support tickets.

Dan ,

I feel your pain,  if we are all having these issues..  last time I spent my Inspire 2 in for service it turned into a disaster scene it took a week to get my License installed and lots of phone calls and 100's of emails back and forth.

It's seems seems every time a firmware is updated,  It never get to use  my drone.  As I just came back from Hong Kong and purchased the Crystalsky and Goggles from the Flag Store, now I can't even use them as my drone is unsafe now to fly and more money wasted.... $1000 plus

Goggles that were but don't include head tracking as the Manuel States on Pages 11 with the use of the USB cable.

What happened to being able to roll the firmware back?  

DJI, I am waiting for an answer, Please I have a paper weight right now !
2017-8-2
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Yeah, this is getting crazy, I have my i2 and have barely had any pleasure from flying it because of this terrible last update.  My only experience so far has been a raft of issues... terrible transmission signal, x5s off centre, flying tilted, image transmission problems. Bird has disconnected on me now on about 5 occasions.

Wow is all I have to say. I am in to this for about 12k all up with accessories. How can we still have no resolutions to these software issues. I'm considering taking mine back and getting a refund at this point although I will wait until a firmware update before throwing the towel in.
Supports first response is always "send it in for repair" When you try an explain that this is just since the update, it falls on deaf ears. My advice to the guy above is don't send in your two birds. I have heard horror stories....
2017-8-4
Use props
kg11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25466 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Same happened to me today.I was in a remote area. First I was losing video transmission and then the remote just disconnected all together triggering a return to home scenario I was only 621metres out with line of site to the inspire and no I wasn't at 3000 metres up I was at less than 100metres
The day a dJI spark can out perform a 10K beast like this it is pretty tragic
2017-8-7
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The conversation seems to have consolidated over in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385
2017-8-7
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

We are also having issues with the latest RC and Inspire 2 firmware and losing RC signal.  The HD video is actually almost at full bars (?!) but the RC connection is completely lost.  It did recover, however, after I ran around like a chicken to find somewhere that could keep the connection.

Is the RC signal is also 2.4/5.8GHz like the HD video feed?  Or is that a completely different frequency/type of signal?
2017-8-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 719281 ft
Poland

I confirm . Poor signal and strong interference. maks 700 meters and I2 losing signal. It`s terrible...
2017-8-8
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Folks, Can everyone here also cast a vote in the poll I started. At least we may get some action then!
2017-8-8
Use props
Nachoaereo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3523294 ft
Spain

N/A N/A N/A

2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules