Choppy Video When Recording
3401 11 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

Hey all,
When flying about the video feedback onto the controller is fine (Until it goes way far) but when I begin to record, it becomes very choppy even at close range as if I was very far away. I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 64GB Micro SD card (If the SD card matters).

Let me know!

- Daniel
2017-7-24
Use props
djiuser_HTeQFGk
New
Canada

I have the same problem - video to remote is OK unless i go too far or something.  But the video on the SD card is awful - you get about 3 seconds of amazing video then about 30 seconds of green block then a pixilated image and then 2 seconds of great video then green on 3/4 of the image for 40 seconds - WTF my drone is a week old and i have not changed any settings - everything is default except max altitude.
2017-7-24
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_HTeQFGk Posted at 2017-7-24 09:36
I have the same problem - video to remote is OK unless i go too far or something.  But the video on the SD card is awful - you get about 3 seconds of amazing video then about 30 seconds of green block then a pixilated image and then 2 seconds of great video then green on 3/4 of the image for 40 seconds - WTF my drone is a week old and i have not changed any settings - everything is default except max altitude.

Exactly! I got my P4 PRO Plus a week ago also. After spending nearly 2K on this thing, what gives?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, had you tried the original SD card to test for this case? SD card is important for saving the videos. Please try the original one and keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, as I had said above, did you use the original SD card, if it is, could you please upload the original video footage from the SD card for a better confirmation?
2017-7-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Sorry, but I don't believe this. Every time this has been reported as poor quality recorded on the SD card, it turns out they were not actually looking at the files on thje SD card in the aircraft at all. Have you actually taken the SD card out of the aircraft, placed it in an adapter and copied the video files to a computer for examination?
2017-7-24
Use props
Hovercam
New
United States

I have videoed around 25 short 1 to 5 min. flights since 7.21.17. I am using two different 64GB Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 SDXC micro sd cards. I have removed the sd card(s) from the Phantom and downloaded them onto my tower hard drive. Trying to view them through either microsoft's media player or VLC media player give the same results as the other posts in this thread. If I import them into Filmora, all those glitches stop but ALL the videos are out of focus, grainy, show aliasing and moire. It does not matter if I am shooting in auto or manual, 4K , 1080 or 720, no style or custom style. Everything looks like crap and I am at a loss as where to go from here?
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Hovercam Posted at 2017-7-25 13:29
I have videoed around 25 short 1 to 5 min. flights since 7.21.17. I am using two different 64GB Sandisk Extreme U3 V30 SDXC micro sd cards. I have removed the sd card(s) from the Phantom and downloaded them onto my tower hard drive. Trying to view them through either microsoft's media player or VLC media player give the same results as the other posts in this thread. If I import them into Filmora, all those glitches stop but ALL the videos are out of focus, grainy, show aliasing and moire. It does not matter if I am shooting in auto or manual, 4K , 1080 or 720, no style or custom style. Everything looks like crap and I am at a loss as where to go from here?

If you would like an opinion of the files, take a short one and upload it to Dropbox, then it should be available to look at in untouched condition. then come back and post a link to the file.
2017-7-25
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes dji needs to take their thumb out of their buts and take care of this issue. I have also over 2k in the 4 pro with batteries and have choppy feed    No no no it's not my card nor the iPad ! So don't even go there dji.  It's your CRAPPY and yes I said CRAPPPPPPPPPY fiirmwire wana be updates that you or your so called crew has no clue or tests this stufff.  DJI You should be paying us or giving us free batteries or something for wasting our time with your crappy firmware !!!! I've bitched and bitch about other crap you have put out and still nothing.   Wtf!
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
2017-7-25
Use props
jrhdrones
New
  • >>>
United States

I was having the same issue and found some solution but still don't feel good about it.  Heres what happened:

Brand new P4P opened and updated.  I take off using iPad Air and the feed to the iPad makes flying very dangerous as its very choppy, delayed, and green waves cover the FPV.  Footage on the card is fine but I can't work like this.  I try my iPhone 7+ because it has better hardware than the older iPad Air with the same result.

I found out that "Editor" is recording a copy of my FPV at the same time I'm recording to the card so amateurs can quickly edit videos?  (lol what a joke)

I go to Advanced settings and turn off "Cache video while recording" and the feed gets much, much better, but still not as smooth as my P3P and forget about 4 miles I can't even get half a mile away with out very scare "Aircraft Disconnect" / completely gray screen, RTH is starting warnings.  

Now the aircraft records my 4k60fps version smoothly to the card, but also records a 720p29.97fps version thats obviously the same as my FPV and I'd like this turned off.  Is there anyway to get DJI to quit labeling their aircrafts "PRO" and then shipping them as toys?  This is a serious situation because it made flying extremely dangerous.  I am a professional that uses the drone for work.  I need a stripped down version of FPV that gives me a solid real-time idea of what my drone is doing, while allowing the camera on the drone to dedicate its resources to the high bitrate image im trying to capture.  

Is this possible?
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

jrhdrones Posted at 2017-7-25 20:12
I was having the same issue and found some solution but still don't feel good about it.  Heres what happened:

Brand new P4P opened and updated.  I take off using iPad Air and the feed to the iPad makes flying very dangerous as its very choppy, delayed, and green waves cover the FPV.  Footage on the card is fine but I can't work like this.  I try my iPhone 7+ because it has better hardware than the older iPad Air with the same result.

'Now the aircraft records my 4k60fps version smoothly to the card, but also records a 720p29.97fps version thats obviously the same as my FPV and I'd like this turned off.'

The additional file is annoying in that there is no setting to switch it off, but it is actually not using any of the aircraft's resources to record this file. Shutting off the cache in your phone or tablet does reduce the workload at the phone or tablet, and will improve the situation somwhat.
2017-7-25
Use props
Hovercam
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-25 16:48
If you would like an opinion of the files, take a short one and upload it to Dropbox, then it should be available to look at in untouched condition. then come back and post a link to the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j2ms3hp3iyvrdj/DJI_0007.MP4?dl=0
Should be two files here: 0007 & 0021
Using the P4P+ RC
Aircraft & App Data Base 01.00.01.04
Version N/A
App 4.1.0
System Version 01.02.00.00
Latest Firmware message on RC start up
Dates and Times not correct for files
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced