Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KG1962
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485971 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi,

when I updated to the latest firmware the filenumbering went back to 0001 before I noticed to chanfe it back to continuous numbering.
Now I have file numbers at 300 ish instead of about 1260 where I should be.... how do I change the file numbering to tell the drone/app that I want
the file numbers to be 1260+ from now on ??

hope that makes some sort of sense !

Rgds
K+

2017-7-24
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I am not sure that you can do it... If anything, the possibility would be where you format the SD Card from the DJI GO 4 App, but I haven't seen it.
2017-7-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you update firmware, many settings go back to default values including the file numbering system.
You can go back into your app settings and find the option called File Index Mode.
Change that to Continuous rather than reset.
Now your numbering will continue each flight where the last one finished rather than starting back at 001 each time.

You can't set it to start numbering at a certain number but that's no big deal.
2017-7-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

If it's that important that they start with a certain number (for whatever reason), I'd try throwing together a shell script or .bat that dumps 1260 empty files in the directory.  You can delete them after the aircraft creates the first valid recording.
2017-7-24
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-7-24 15:11
If it's that important that they start with a certain number (for whatever reason), I'd try throwing together a shell script or .bat that dumps 1260 empty files in the directory.  You can delete them after the aircraft creates the first valid recording.

I don't see why that would do it.  Whenever I erase my sd card, the file numbering picks up where it left off, even if there are 0 files in the directory.  If you are operating on the assumption that it would not overwrite  an existing number, then you could just change a filename to the number you want and see if it picks up there.  I don't think it would work though.
2017-7-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-7-24 16:30
I don't see why that would do it.  Whenever I erase my sd card, the file numbering picks up where it left off, even if there are 0 files in the directory.  If you are operating on the assumption that it would not overwrite  an existing number, then you could just change a filename to the number you want and see if it picks up there.  I don't think it would work though.

Yes, your file numbering picks off where it left off, but if you read the OP he doesn't have the luxury of that number being properly stored anymore.

Most certainly I am operating on the assumption that the aircraft will not overwrite an existing file.  Creating one file (say 1260.mpg) won't do it because the aircraft will try 321.mpg, see that it's available, and use it.  For this to work you need to take up ALL filenames starting from where it wants to start until the number you want.  I would expect the recording start to stall whilst it tries the 940+ iterations in-between.  I doubt it would even take a full second, though.  After it creates 1261.mpg you can delete all the junk.

I have not tested this on DJI aircraft.  I am just a guy that writes software for a living.
2017-7-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Now I have file numbers at 300 ish instead of about 1260 where I should be.... how do I change the file numbering to tell the drone/app that I want the file numbers to be 1260+ from now on ??

Are you saying that you've got some images with file numbers like DJI_1259.JPG ??
That would be interesting since the P4 pro only numbers from 0001-0999.
If you know a way to make it number above 1000 pass on the secret.

Meantime just put your image files in a separate folder on your computer and don't worry about getting to number from a certain point.

2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please check Labroides's reply and change File Index Mode to Continuous and it numbers from 0001-0999. Please come back to us if there is further questions.
2017-7-30
Use props
KG1962
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485971 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-30 00:22
Please check Labroides's reply and change File Index Mode to Continuous and it numbers from 0001-0999. Please come back to us if there is further questions.

I changed it to Continuous mode but I need to get it back to
file nunbers nearer 1400 rather than the 300 they are on now as when I import the files without renumbering them the filenumbers clash with the same  filebnumbers already there
2017-7-30
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-24 17:52
Now I have file numbers at 300 ish instead of about 1260 where I should be.... how do I change the file numbering to tell the drone/app that I want the file numbers to be 1260+ from now on ??

Are you saying that you've got some images with file numbers like DJI_1259.JPG ??

Or you can use any of the many file numbering apps to change the numbering in the folder created in your computer...
2017-7-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KG1962 Posted at 2017-7-30 02:48
I changed it to Continuous mode but I need to get it back to
file nunbers nearer 1400 rather than the 300 they are on now as when I import the files without renumbering them the filenumbers clash with the same  filebnumbers already there

The simple solution is to put the new images in a separate directory or subdirectory.
You would have to anyway next time your numbers click past 999.
How did you get file numbers around 1400 since the Phantom commences renumbering every time it gets to 999 ?

2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can also do a 'Batch' rename in windows of sorts by selecting all files, and rename, it will then give all files 'new' name plus a suffix showing copy 1,2,3 etc.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules