Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPAD Pro 10.5 Updated Bracket for Remotes?
3238 9 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I was on another forum, and they indicated that somewhere on the DJI forums there was a referance to a updated holder availale directly from DJI for $90 that supports the ipAD pro 10.5 without any modifications or extension brackets.  This was specific for the Ipnsire 2 remote if that matters.

I have manualy searched the first 12 pages of forum posts for any referance of this, and have not found the post that explains how to aquire this special bracket/holder.

I was wondering if there was any truth to this, and if so how to get it....

Thanks in advance.
2017-7-24
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

You know what DJI should do? Provide them for free to anyone who can provide a receipt of purchase of an iPad Pro 10.5 or larger. Especially after the latest firmware fiasco.

@DJi Mindy - Can we make this happen? It's looking like I will be purchasing my iPad Pro tomorrow. Sadly.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I think you are thinking of the mount for the Cendence which is about $80, but it only opens to 170mm and the iPad Pro specs out to 174mm so it's still too small.

Since the old Pro being 5mm smaller, I'm surprised the I2 didn't come with a wider clamp since many had to buy that awful slip-on extension clamp.  I have one and it's hard to remove on mine once it's on and keeps it from fitting in my case too.

Shouldn't be that big a deal to extend that geared part 10mm or so to fit the 10.5 inch screens as well as the newer iPad Pro.  Up to  DJI as GO 4 is almost requiring the wider iPad Pro series to work anymore, but the clamps are now outdated as is many former pads and phones.

2017-7-24
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks for the info...  hopefully they come up with a part that we can swap up to and have it work....
And good point, about the clamp be as dated as the phones it support but the app requiring more modern tablets....

I had to go and buy a iPad pro 10.5 inch last night as I was getting that CPU issue...  not happy about that, but way less happy about the not fitting part!  I guess I have to buy that silly clamp thing everyone is also using...  I did manage to mangle the 10.5 iPad pro into the holder, and its REALLY tight..  It might break kind of tight...  If I replace the foam they are using with something way thinner I might be close enough for it to 'work' - but not an ideal solution...

if only they would just make a bigger clamp we can upgrade to!
2017-7-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

FanOfFlight Posted at 2017-7-25 14:52
Thanks for the info...  hopefully they come up with a part that we can swap up to and have it work....
And good point, about the clamp be as dated as the phones it support but the app requiring more modern tablets....

If you are a bit handy, you can modify the existing holder so it will extend an extra 5mm and make it fit.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-25 15:14
If you are a bit handy, you can modify the existing holder so it will extend an extra 5mm and make it fit.

Care to share, what's the modification?
2017-7-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 15:46
Care to share, what's the modification?

Well if you remove the rubber protection from the holder, there is a few screws that can be removed and that allows you to open up the holder. You simply have to cut out a small part of the stops, to allow the travel to extend farther. I have done the 2 holders I have, and it works fine. You can find replacement sheet rubber with glue backing in a local craft store. My cost was about $5 for the modification.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Thank you.
2017-7-25
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-25 15:14

Cougar1 thanks for the info.  I was looking at that and was actually thinking of attempting it this weekend..  Sound like a very simple think to do...  I will go hunting for the replacement foam bits and make sure I have those before starting....
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules