Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nice shots of Towboats on the Mississippi
1451 16 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Thought these were a couple nice clips of Towboats that I took this weekend on the Mississippi river at Keokuk, Iowa with my Phantom 3 Advanced.
I love taking pictures of these things!
Hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do.

Last one is a flyby over a small water-falls that is quite uncommon on the river.

2017-7-24
Use props
EdSimmonsPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121371 ft
United States

very cool!
2017-7-24
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

good job..
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rick,

Nice videos, but why did you tease us with 720p for the tugs?  I liked the 1080p small falls.  That was interesting and rare.  Good job none-the-less.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
Bracco
Captain
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice job!
2017-7-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 20:38
Aloha Rick,

Nice videos, but why did you tease us with 720p for the tugs?  I liked the 1080p small falls.  That was interesting and rare.  Good job none-the-less.

Yeah I know. The first two I did edit a bit because the file size was pretty big, and I kept having issues uploading, so I clipped them up a bit and when I exported it I forgot to change the default setting on the program I was using to clip them up. The rapids video was straight out of the Phantom.........yes much better I agree. I was kind of in a hurry I guess.
I am certainly not a professional and don't claim to be!
LOL I still think these Phantoms, (all of them) do a very good jobs of taking photos and videos be it your an average Joe, or professional.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-25 03:53
Yeah I know. The first two I did edit a bit because the file size was pretty big, and I kept having issues uploading, so I clipped them up a bit and when I exported it I forgot to change the default setting on the program I was using to clip them up. The rapids video was straight out of the Phantom.........yes much better I agree. I was kind of in a hurry I guess.
I am certainly not a professional and don't claim to be!
LOL I still think these Phantoms, (all of them) do a very good jobs of taking photos and videos be it your an average Joe, or professional.

Aloha Rick,

At least you got something out there recently.  About the YouTube uploads, be sure to let them process the upload so you can get the best quality out of the upload.  I leave my uploads alone until I get the email from YouTube saying it is ready to publish.  I quickly learned that if you publish them too soon, YouTube reduces the resolution to the last completed processing.

Keep them coming!  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Those were cool vids. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Great job! We're glad to hear that the drone brings you such happy time. Looking forward more wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-7-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-25 17:04
Aloha Rick,

At least you got something out there recently.  About the YouTube uploads, be sure to let them process the upload so you can get the best quality out of the upload.  I leave my uploads alone until I get the email from YouTube saying it is ready to publish.  I quickly learned that if you publish them too soon, YouTube reduces the resolution to the last completed processing.

Hey thanks! Good advice. I haven't done a lot of that so I will be more patient. LOL Thanks again Cetacean.
2017-7-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-25 20:49
Those were cool vids. Thanks.

Hey thanks RedHotPoker. They were nothing spectacular, but thought some might enjoy them. I wish I had some of the cool places to go as some of you other guys. I don't travel much but have always appreciated the fact that I live next to the Mighty Mississippi river here in Iowa. I think some of the towboats are pretty cool specially if you haven't been around them much. They will start doing river cruises with some very large "paddlewheel" passenger boats in my area soon, I hope to be able to catch up with them if possible and take some videos. Those will definitely be worth sharing.
2017-7-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-26 04:03
Hey thanks RedHotPoker. They were nothing spectacular, but thought some might enjoy them. I wish I had some of the cool places to go as some of you other guys. I don't travel much but have always appreciated the fact that I live next to the Mighty Mississippi river here in Iowa. I think some of the towboats are pretty cool specially if you haven't been around them much. They will start doing river cruises with some very large "paddlewheel" passenger boats in my area soon, I hope to be able to catch up with them if possible and take some videos. Those will definitely be worth sharing.

Yes, that is a cool location. We have a paddle wheeler here in Edmonton too. But since the river runs through the city center, it may be rather difficult to fly over it, without catching flak...

But we will attempt to record some video of it in the near future.;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-26
Use props
fans74e27af7
New
United States

Yep... those are nice shots.
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

My new Keokuk buddy. Nice shots.  How far off shore were you on this shot? Well done buddy.
2017-7-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-7-26 12:44
My new Keokuk buddy. Nice shots.  How far off shore were you on this shot? Well done buddy.

Hey there Blackbeagle.....how ya doing? I'm on the Iowa side sitting on river road just above the lock & dam. The boat is probably 3/4 of a mile away. I will routinely fly over to the other side of the river which is around a mile across. Nice thing is going across the river like that my signal is always 100%. I have actually been just south of Sandusky (which is between Keokuk and Montrose ) and flown down to the dam and back.......that's about 3-miles to the dam, with perfect signal all the way.
2017-7-27
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-27 05:10
Hey there Blackbeagle.....how ya doing? I'm on the Iowa side sitting on river road just above the lock & dam. The boat is probably 3/4 of a mile away. I will routinely fly over to the other side of the river which is around a mile across. Nice thing is going across the river like that my signal is always 100%. I have actually been just south of Sandusky (which is between Keokuk and Montrose ) and flown down to the dam and back.......that's about 3-miles to the dam, with perfect signal all the way.

Yeah. No trees, barns, tall buildings over water so you always have that advantage. I saw a similar video last year. The boat captain actually came out and waved. Did they see your drone at all?
2017-7-27
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-7-27 11:21
Yeah. No trees, barns, tall buildings over water so you always have that advantage. I saw a similar video last year. The boat captain actually came out and waved. Did they see your drone at all?

No, I was there for a little bit, but don't think anybody knew it. Was hoping for it actually! Have a good one.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules