Mavic at 30-40 degree horizon slant when level
685 6 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just flew my new Mavic first time, everything seems to be OK except the camera. The horizon is askew about 30-40 degree slant when quad is level, Calibrated the Gimbal and that didn't help, any fix for this or do I need to return for a new one?
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

A 30° tilt is pretty large if you've properly calibrated the gimbal. I'd try another calibration and also check to confirm that you haven't adjusted the gimbal roll, but if it's still tilted that much afterwards you'll probably want to contact DJI about it.
2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Find a surface as flat as possible, put the drone there and launch the gimbal calibration process. Avoid vibrations on this surface during the calibration process. After that it might still be a bit tilted (less than a degree) you can then use the gimbal roll adjust it to calibrate it to it's proper middle point. If after that calibration is still 30 degree off, you can try an IMU calibration followed by all the steps before. If that doesn't work either, your gimbal is faulty, send it back.
2017-7-25
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-25 03:34
A 30° tilt is pretty large if you've properly calibrated the gimbal. I'd try another calibration and also check to confirm that you haven't adjusted the gimbal roll, but if it's still tilted that much afterwards you'll probably want to contact DJI about it.

I did adjust the gimbal up/down speed and that works OK, horizon is slanted during flight and when on level ground, Calibrated the gimbal again results is the same.
Thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please calibrate the IMU after the self-checking is finished, and then calibrate the gimbal when IMU calibration finished.
Here's the tutorial for IMU calibration:
Please provide a pic from the drone if the problem still persists. Thank you.
2017-7-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-26 02:39
Please calibrate the IMU after the self-checking is finished, and then calibrate the gimbal when IMU calibration finished.
Here's the tutorial for IMU calibration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD8qFRRv-c&t=24s&index=16&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX
Please provide a pic from the drone if the problem still persists. Thank you.

Got it all squared away, my fault, had my gimbal roll set way to far to the right thinking it was my gimbal speed control. calibrated IMU and VPS successfully, set gimbal roll to -.1 and all is perfect, Thank you Thor.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-26 05:53
Got it all squared away, my fault, had my gimbal roll set way to far to the right thinking it was my gimbal speed control. calibrated IMU and VPS successfully, set gimbal roll to -.1 and all is perfect, Thank you Thor.

Thanks for the feedback, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules