4609 5 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeropixel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117172 ft
India

Hi,

I am S900 + OLD PC GS user, worked good till date, but I have bigger projects, I cant do 8-10 min flight so I have to use M600 +  Sony A6000 + GS Pro(or Similar), I have following doubts,

1. Can I fly non DJI camera with M600 using GS Pro?

If Yes
1. How to trigger A6000 automatically from M600/A3(At each trigger locations from mapping perpective), if yes then please provide Connection workflow and cable details

2. Does the new firmware has 2000m distance limit between two consecutive waypoints? if yes then what is the work around.

My Findings,
1. Dronedeploy - 3rd party cameras not supported, Flightplan cannot be imported (.txt, .csv format)
2. Map pilot -  3rd party cameras not supported, it misses few triggers, Flightplan cannot be imported (.txt, .csv format)
3. Litche - Not Reliable
4. GS Pro - There is an option for custom camera, how trigger non-dji camera is the problem, Flightplan cannot be imported (.txt, .csv format)
5. Ultimate Flight Plan  -  I still to try this, but very useful as I can import CSV

Has anyone flew with Non DJI Camera without Ronin for Mapping?

-Samir

2017-7-25
Use props
YOO SANG OH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193294 ft
South Korea

you can't use gspro with 3rd party camera ( canon,nikon,sony ..)

i use litchi app's waypoint function and sony a7r's timelapse function

before flight starting a7r's timelapse with 2 seconds interval

next, fly to destination point and start waypoint mission
2017-7-29
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

I do mapping with my M600 and Sony camera on the Ronin-MX just fine.  You can use a non-DJI camera with GS Pro, just get the DJI Remote Start/Stop to trigger your camera.  The 2 real issues with GS Pro are the skipping of pictures and no flight log to geotag in post-processing.  I see a new update to GS Pro is out but no mention of flight logs....come on, how hard can it be to copy the code from DJI GO app?

But I like the Sony Time Lapse app...and set it to 1 sec intervals to speed up the flight programmed in Litchi.  Litchi works great as long as you stay updated with it and your drone...plus keep moving the screen so it doesn't try and "power-save" to keep it from crashing.
2017-8-15
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

TAfirehawk Posted at 2017-8-15 06:38
I do mapping with my M600 and Sony camera on the Ronin-MX just fine.  You can use a non-DJI camera with GS Pro, just get the DJI Remote Start/Stop to trigger your camera.  The 2 real issues with GS Pro are the skipping of pictures and no flight log to geotag in post-processing.  I see a new update to GS Pro is out but no mention of flight logs....come on, how hard can it be to copy the code from DJI GO app?

But I like the Sony Time Lapse app...and set it to 1 sec intervals to speed up the flight programmed in Litchi.  Litchi works great as long as you stay updated with it and your drone...plus keep moving the screen so it doesn't try and "power-save" to keep it from crashing.

Hi Hawk,

Can you tell us how you process your pictures plz?

Thanks

2017-8-20
Use props
fans29ae36a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21558 ft
  • >>>
China

Maybe you can try UgCS
2017-8-21
Use props
Kover