DJI Go 4 unusable after update.
1901 9 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keith55
lvl.2
Thailand

Yesterday, DJI Go 4 said it needed to update. I updated it. Today when I went to fly, the image on my phone was practically unusable. It was delayed by several seconds, blocky and smeared. I tried it again at another location - same thing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO 4. This time it told me the Mavic needed an update. I let do the update. Still the same problem. I then tried it with Litchi, and there was no problem whatsoever. The phone is a Motorola G4 Plus. Previously, it was working with the Mavic with no problem at all.

App version: 4.1.4
Version: 1.03.0900
Remote:  Controller 1.03.0900

2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Talking about the same issue here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-105932-1-1.html I had the update on Saturday, made 4 flights on Sunday, issues in all of them. Funny thing is if you record the video cache comes clean, it's definitely some issue on the way the live image is displayed.
2017-7-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-7-25 05:32
Talking about the same issue here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-105932-1-1.html I had the update on Saturday, made 4 flights on Sunday, issues in all of them. Funny thing is if you record the video cache comes clean, it's definitely some issue on the way the live image is displayed.

Looks like a new feature on Android is to allow cache video to be stored on a MicroSD card -- are either of you doing this? Wondering if write time to the card is causing live view issues.
2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-25 06:48
Looks like a new feature on Android is to allow cache video to be stored on a MicroSD card -- are either of you doing this? Wondering if write time to the card is causing live view issues.

I tried both (in memory, in SD) same behavior.

I have just checked the google play store and they have pulled back the 4.1.4 at least for me! Wohoo!
2017-7-25
Use props
fans9d376472
New
Flight distance : 183314 ft
United States

I have been having problems like this for about a week. I called DJI this morning and they said to calibrate the IMU and the Compass.  I did this and no difference. So I went to my app manager, cleared the cache and memory for it, uninstalled the app and then reinstalled the app. It now gives me a good video feed like when I first got it.(2 weeks ago)
2017-7-25
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

@CuaC
here is the 4.1.4 !
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, had you noticed the Image Transmission Settings (the HD icon on the top right of the camera view), is it green or red of the noise at current channel? If it is red, please choose a stable channel to avoid the interference. Then please try to switch the phone to Airplane Mode for testing. Besides, had you tried another phone to test this problem? Please try another mobile device if it is possible.
We have the supported devices list for your reference: 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-7-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-26 02:31
Just to verify, had you noticed the Image Transmission Settings (the HD icon on the top right of the camera view), is it green or red of the noise at current channel? If it is red, please choose a stable channel to avoid the interference. Then please try to switch the phone to Airplane Mode for testing. Besides, had you tried another phone to test this problem? Please try another mobile device if it is possible.
We have the supported devices list for your reference:[view_image]

Hi Thor, nice to see that the S7 has been finally added to the supported devices list. However, the issue described in this post was also addressed here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-105932-1-1.html

DJI-Susan commented that it was indeed an unofficial version (4.1.4) sent to a set of users that was causing issues

Quote: "I apologize for all inconveniences we caused before. Users are selected at random and we couldn't target users by specific demographics. Any suggestions of the new APP will be appreciated. Thank you for your feedback."

The faulty 4.1.4 was at least for me pulled back, so I could download 4.1.3 again. I have indeed asked her there if the new version 4.1.4 released today actually addresses the mentioned issues. Would you please confirm this?
2017-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

So far no problems with the new firmware (knock on wood) Android user
2017-7-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

STRIDE8 Posted at 2017-7-26 06:04
So far no problems with the new firmware (knock on wood) Android user

It's not about the FW, it's about the app. They pulled it back, and today a new one popped up on Play Store. Haven't tested it to be honest, i'm a bit afraid haha.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules