605 0 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93bd3247
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48812 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar with the inspire 2. Upon recently testing the capabilities of the inspire within the confines of a building I had trouble flying due to the drone continuing to revert to P GPS mode and subsequently drifting.

The building contained metal and consequently interfered with the drones compass etc. The logical solution at the time seemed to be to try and fly in ATTI mode with the necessary precautions (hover if lost signal etc). Whilst on the ground and off, the drone was happy to be selected in ATTI mode. As soon as I started it, it automatically reverted to P mode. It was connected to some nine or ten satellites but nothing I could do would keep the drone in ATTI mode.

I know the drone works outside quite happily in ATTI mode as I regularly practice it. However, I was scratching my head a bit with the logic behind this particular reversion. The only conclusion I could draw was that due to the levels of interference the drone elected to operate in what it considered its safest mode given that I was asking it to be in ATTI mode. It recognised that it had 9/10 satellites and reverted to P mode. Has anyone got any other suggestions as to how to fly the drone in ATTI in this environment? If you consider the location to be safe and have taken the appropriate precautions you should be able to fly in whatever mode you like I'd have thought? Or is this the logic of the drones flight controller? Or am I missing something altogether?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Oliver.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules