Gimbal pushing down and sideways at high speed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xopheus
New
Flight distance : 742287 ft

Sweden

Hi!

I have been flying a Phantom 3 Professional now for 2 months and I have noticed that the Gimbal sometimes gets pushed down and sideways at high speed.
I have a clip on youtube that will illustrate the problem.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this problem or is it a limitation of the hardware?

I was going at near full speed with a slight climb.

/Andreas
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unless you have anything fitted to the aircraft that affects it's aerodynamics. For example, a lens hood, or heavy slip on filter.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the issue may appear when you fly at high speed. Please try to calibrate IMU and gimbal camera to check whether the issue remains. Also, you can verify in hover status or fly with constant speed.
2017-7-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have also had this experience when flying. Sometimes seems to be worse than other times. Sometimes it is perfect. I think it might depend on the wind speeds up in the atmosphere that you don't realize. Best thing I found is if you are having this issue, slowing down your speed will certainly help. I don't know as it is a hardware problem per say, it just is over correcting with the wind it is encountering in my opinion. Do check your IMU calibration and calibrate your gimbal for assurance. If it hovers and is steady, I think you are good. I have also removed the stock stabilization pins and just have 2-small zip ties loosely on the camera/gimbal instead. I feel like it did help mine and give the camera a little more flexibility to move around as opposed to the pins. Not sure everyone will agree with my solution, but you may want to give it a try. I see nothing wrong with it, and it might help remove some of the vibration you are having.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules