1843 13 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parradesign
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142549 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,

I discovered a strange behaviour of my Mavic Intelligent Battery. Today I was using it (outside temperature around 25 degrees) when suddenly, after a restart, I got the error "Battery authentication failure". I tried to reinstall the FW via the Go App 4 (latest one .900) but it didn't work. After a few hours I tried again to switch on the Mavic and surprise: the battery was back! The authention error was gone, even after a couple of restarts. So, I did a short flight (monitoring the battery details, volts, temperature etc). After the flight I tried again to restart the Mavic and... The authentication error again appeared!! I did some tests even with my other battery. The problem seems to be related with the battery temperature. If the battery is cold the authentication works fine but, if the battery is slightly warm (more than 35 degrees) the authentication fails.

Next week I'll leave for holidays and I'll bring my Mavic. I already ordered a new battery, since I don't trust my faulty battery anymore. On September I'll contact the support.
If you ever experienced something similar try to cool the battery and try again. You may have the same issue of mine.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you also get the same error message when you changed another battery? Could you please provide the screenshot of this case?
2017-7-26
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-26 01:00
Just to verify, did you also get the same error message when you changed another battery? Could you please provide the screenshot of this case?

No, I got the error only with that specific battery. The other one works fine, "cold" or "warm" (after usage). I don't have the Mavic here with me, the error message is the default one: at the top of the screen there's a message "Cannot take off", when I click it the message "Battery authentication failed" shows up
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

parradesign Posted at 2017-7-26 02:45
No, I got the error only with that specific battery. The other one works fine, "cold" or "warm" (after usage). I don't have the Mavic here with me, the error message is the default one: at the top of the screen there's a message "Cannot take off", when I click it the message "Battery authentication failed" shows up

Thanks for the feedback. Please try to fully discharge the battery and charge it to full and see if the message persists when the battery gets a little bit warm. If it does, would you please provide us with a video for this case? I will transfer this to our engineer for a better confirmation.
2017-7-26
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-26 04:35
Thanks for the feedback. Please try to fully discharge the battery and charge it to full and see if the message persists when the battery gets a little bit warm. If it does, would you please provide us with a video for this case? I will transfer this to our engineer for a better confirmation.

sure I'll do it! thanks for the support
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

parradesign Posted at 2017-7-26 07:34
sure I'll do it! thanks for the support

Thank you. Besides, please also export the flight data from the drone and upload it to Dropbox. Here's the tutorial for reference:
2017-7-27
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-27 18:10
Thank you. Besides, please also export the flight data from the drone and upload it to Dropbox. Here's the tutorial for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&t=1s

Hi DJI Thor! Here's the link to a Dropbox folder, with the flight logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/txolv ... ckbdqqJIHyWhya?dl=0

I tried to figure out which are the incriminated ones, since I switched on/off a few times for tests. I exported:

* the log with the first flight I did successfully with the faulty battery cold (after upgrading)
* some other logs when I tried to switch on/off the Mavic but the battery was "Not authenticated"
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

parradesign Posted at 2017-7-28 09:27
Hi DJI Thor! Here's the link to a Dropbox folder, with the flight logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/txolvpk2fzoizgh/AADV6LMukcNckbdqqJIHyWhya?dl=0

I tried to figure out which are the incriminated ones, since I switched on/off a few times for tests. I exported:

Thanks for the info, had got it to our engineers, I'll reply you once I heard from them.
2017-7-29
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

On my last trip to France mine did the same on all 3 batteries , the top green led on the battery would flash for about 5 minuets after use, but back in the UK now and no issues at all
2017-7-30
Use props
fans72d7bd18
New
Flight distance : 773566 ft
United States

I discovered a strange behaviour of my Phantom 4 Intelligent Battery. Today I was using it  when suddenly, after a restart, I got the error "Battery authentication failure".  this only happened after and update.  
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans72d7bd18 Posted at 2017-7-30 12:41
I discovered a strange behaviour of my Phantom 4 Intelligent Battery. Today I was using it  when suddenly, after a restart, I got the error "Battery authentication failure".  this only happened after and update.

Please try to restart the drone to see will it disappear. If it still persists, please also export the flight data and the upgrade log for us. Thanks.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

parradesign Posted at 2017-7-28 09:27
Hi DJI Thor! Here's the link to a Dropbox folder, with the flight logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/txolvpk2fzoizgh/AADV6LMukcNckbdqqJIHyWhya?dl=0

Hi there, could you please also sync your flight record and provide me with your DJI account? Launch DJI GO app----upper right icon for DJI GO 4 / upper left icon for DJI GO ---- flight record----upper right cloud icon---- select all and start synchronization.

2017-8-5
Use props
parradesign
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 04:09
Hi there, could you please also sync your flight record and provide me with your DJI account? Launch DJI GO app----upper right icon for DJI GO 4 / upper left icon for DJI GO ---- flight record----upper right cloud icon---- select all and start synchronization.

I always sync my flights, my DJI account is the same you see in the forum (nickname "parradesign"). Do you need the email? In this case I prefer to use a DM
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

parradesign Posted at 2017-9-19 04:28
I always sync my flights, my DJI account is the same you see in the forum (nickname "parradesign"). Do you need the email? In this case I prefer to use a DM

It's been a long time for getting back from you. Yeah, please PM me your DJI emial account so I can access the flight records, reply me when you finished, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules