4319 57 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

fans54e80375 Posted at 2017-8-1 07:30
Just flown a Mavic on DJI Go 4.1.5  (2952) with iPhone 6.  Just had the "mobile device CPU fully loaded" message.    Problem has not been fixed yet.

Ugh...this is making me reconsider my purchase of an iPad pro.
2017-8-1
Use props
The Shootist
lvl.1
United States

Count me a quite disappointed brand new Inspire 1 owner. Did much research prior to purchase, but somehow missed this issue.  It shows up solidly on my iPad Air 2. Not the upgrade experience I was hoping for going from the P2V+. Looking forward to a speedy DJI Go 3 fix.
2017-8-1
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

THe same issue with iPad mini 2
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Shootist Posted at 2017-8-1 13:06
Count me a quite disappointed brand new Inspire 1 owner. Did much research prior to purchase, but somehow missed this issue.  It shows up solidly on my iPad Air 2. Not the upgrade experience I was hoping for going from the P2V+. Looking forward to a speedy DJI Go 3 fix.

New iOS DJI GO will be released very soon, please note the announcement in our website, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-2
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

I got same message on Ipad Mini 4 LTE version....turn off Ipad and reboot, seems OK, happens after I did "Shadow" photo stich...hmmm
2017-8-6
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 13:28
Well I look forward to your updates, I am hesitant to pull the trigger on the iPad Pro unless I absolutely have to.

The pro is what I have, and no issues here.
2017-8-6
Use props
ProShotFL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 924806 ft
United States

Hi all,

I have a ipad mini 3 and everything has been running fine until the latest DJI GO 4 update - it now pops up with the error "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and starts to lose video feed + the screen turns green!

The iPad is burning hot and the outside temperature is 90+.

I am using a sun-shade hood & the iPad is not in direct sunlight.

For the past year I did not have a sun-shade and I would fly in direct sunlight with my CPU overload problems - but ever since I updated the DJI go app, I now can't fly!

My video feed is coming in at the lowest 4mbps.

I have turned off "video caching".

I have factory reset the iPad & turned it off before each flight.

Some people have suggested that we should sit in our cars with the AC cranked but this is not a viable option all the time.

It is basically the heat sink on the CPU can't handle the power of decoding the P4P image feed but I don't understand why it was working before perfectly fine, and now it can't handle it?

Why would DJI screw us over like this? Don't you think they should test the new firmware before bricking our birds??
2017-8-10
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Why are you guys updating to begin with?
2017-8-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-8-10 14:02
Why are you guys updating to begin with?

Because we had not yet learned it might be counterproductive. ;-)
2017-8-11
Use props
timonroe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

Started getting the "Mobile device CPU fully loaded.  Related performance will be affected" warning message after the last firmware update.
Mobile device CPU fully loaded warning message.jpg

I have the Inspire 1 with the X3 camera:
* Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
* Camera: 1.10.01.40
* Remote Controller: 1.7.80
* GO App (iOS): 3.1.14
* iPhone 6 Plus

I'm using a Black Pearl monitor for my video feed and the image is pretty reliable, only breaks up occasionally.

2017-8-31
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Here in my city it is making 40ºC every day! I can only use the iPad from inside the car with the air conditioning at the maximum, otherwise in 5 minutes the image starts to lock and I see the damn message.
Weather Cuiaba

2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-8-31 07:30
Here in my city it is making 40ºC every day! I can only use the iPad from inside the car with the air conditioning at the maximum, otherwise in 5 minutes the image starts to lock and I see the damn message.
Weather Cuiaba

Same here, we can't fly with the iPad mini 4 now. It overheats almost instantly and the video feed becomes almost completely unusable.

The video gets lagged, choppy, goes black/green, etc. Very frustrating.
2017-8-31
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

Mindy I am afraid that the problem with the CPU overloading has not gone.After nearly two months I fly today and on the 5th battery the problem appears again,the difference is that didnt appears from the 1st battery.Also I got another warning with battery error(only at the starting of the AC) with all 5 batteries and then disappears
Thank you
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ioannou Posted at 2017-9-15 01:26
Mindy I am afraid that the problem with the CPU overloading has not gone.After nearly two months I fly today and on the 5th battery the problem appears again,the difference is that didnt appears from the 1st battery.Also I got another warning with battery error(only at the starting of the AC) with all 5 batteries and then disappears
Thank you

Loannou, please try to change another device. The warning is related to your device.
Please try to clean the cache files and low down its temperture.
2017-9-15
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Cyprus

Elektra(very nice ancient greek name) change from gold to go where?I am using the latest iPad Pro 9.7 and I clean the cahe before flight
2017-9-15
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ioannou Posted at 2017-9-15 01:26
Thank you

On your phone b e sure to turn off the Video function , so you cant record to the I phone, also be sure to enable "hardware decode" as well .  You want to take as much load off the Go app device that you can .  also eliminate the Cache.

This is not a GO app problem but a Go App device problem , It does not have enough Memory and or power as the Go app device sucks it up >

Get An I-pad  pro (standard size) for flawless video etc.

donnie
2017-9-15
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Cyprus

Donnie as I mentioned its an iPad Pro 9.7  Is there a smaller size on Pro series?Hardware decode is enabled.Is  Video function on the GO or the Device
I totally agree with you to take as much load off the Go app and eliminate the cache
Thank you Donnie
2017-9-15
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ioannou Posted at 2017-9-15 04:43
Donnie as I mentioned its an iPad Pro 9.7  Is there a smaller size on Pro series?Hardware decode is enabled.Is  Video function on the GO or the Device
I totally agree with you to take as much load off the Go app and eliminate the cache
Thank you Donnie

Sorry bout that < thought I read it was an I phone .  anyway , read over my tips page .  If you can try another Go app device just to confirm or at least narrow down the problem . In my tips page I give several ideas to reduce the load on the go app device .  

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules