Problems with GO4 and Phantom 4
767 5 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captirwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

I have a friend with a Phantom4 and a Mavic Pro. He controls both a/c with his iPhone and DJI GO4.
Everything works as it should with the Mavic, but he has all kinds of problems with the video feed for the Phantom4. His next test will be to put his phone in "airplane" mode and see what happens.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

2017-7-25
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

He should make sure all background apps are closed.  Also force kill GO4 and restart it.  I've had this problem on my P4 and this fixed it.  Using IOS. (also have a Mavic)
2017-7-25
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Looks like the persons who work as programmers at DJI botched the latest firmware on Phantom. Just take a look at all the threads on this forum. Mavic uses newer technology, possibly better designed from ground up.
2017-7-25
Use props
captirwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-25 13:38
He should make sure all background apps are closed.  Also force kill GO4 and restart it.  I've had this problem on my P4 and this fixed it.  Using IOS. (also have a Mavic)

Thanks for the info. I forwarded it on...
2017-7-25
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Alxy Posted at 2017-7-25 13:46
Looks like the persons who work as programmers at DJI botched the latest firmware on Phantom. Just take a look at all the threads on this forum. Mavic uses newer technology, possibly better designed from ground up.

Mavic uses totally different hardware to transmit the video signal.  You cannot change P4 hardware into Mavic hardware via programing.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavic and Phantom 4 have different hardware as well as the performance. For the video feed issue of Phantom 4, please check the image transmission settings whether the channel is stable or not. Change to another place, cable or mobile will be helpful to verify.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules