Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
APP DJI GO 4 EDITOR POBLEM
1335 4 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

I found a new error message when using the "EDITOR" application. When I want to edit a movie in 4K, the following message appears on the screen: "APP DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS VIDEO FILE". Attached the image of the message. I'm waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance.

salva.jpg
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frenck,

4K video is right up there near the cutting edge of video, much less consumer video.  Editing 4K video is extremely demanding even when using a PC Tower to do the job.  The DJI GO 4 app is designed to work with videos of much lower resolution.  

On the SD card is a folder with the title TMB for "Thumbnail".  In that folder are 720p versions of all the videos you shot.  Those videos can be edited with the app.  Save the 4K videos for the powerful computers.  Meanwhile, the 720p videos can work as good surrogates for edit planning for the 4K videos so that the final 4K video can have a better timeline and quality.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry to tell you that DJI GO 4 doesn't support 4K video now. 1080P or less resolution is available. For 4K video editing, you are recommended to use professional film editing software via PC.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans8e502b8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735909 ft
Norway

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-26 00:08
Aloha Frenck,

4K video is right up there near the cutting edge of video, much less consumer video.  Editing 4K video is extremely demanding even when using a PC Tower to do the job.  The DJI GO 4 app is designed to work with videos of much lower resolution.  

4K video is handled by ease on my ipad, iphone and on most newer android devices - both editing and color grading in several apps works.
4K TV's, dSLR's, action cams all in cunsumer price range is everywhere. 4k is not "up there" - it is where everything is right now. If you are talking uncompressed or raw 4k footage, you need a Laptop  with attached storage for practical reasons, but playout out h.264 from a consumer DJI device like P4 series and below is easy on my ipad, I can edit it in several other apps on the ipad so why DJI isn't supporting it is a strategic descision not a technical one.
Hopefully DJI will take the time to upgrade the support one day.
2017-7-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8e502b8a Posted at 2017-7-27 00:23
4K video is handled by ease on my ipad, iphone and on most newer android devices - both editing and color grading in several apps works.
4K TV's, dSLR's, action cams all in cunsumer price range is everywhere. 4k is not "up there" - it is where everything is right now. If you are talking uncompressed or raw 4k footage, you need a Laptop  with attached storage for practical reasons, but playout out h.264 from a consumer DJI device like P4 series and below is easy on my ipad, I can edit it in several other apps on the ipad so why DJI isn't supporting it is a strategic descision not a technical one.
Hopefully DJI will take the time to upgrade the support one day.

Aloha fans8e,

Oh good, so you do understand what I was trying to say to Frenck.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules