Gimbal horizontal alignment problem
1684 9 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idrovolante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45515 ft
Italy

Good morning, I noticed that the room of my Phantom 4 pro shoots with the horizon not perfectly aligned. In all the images in different situations I have to correct the angle of the horizon of almost one degree. It happens even after calibrating the gimbal. Some idea? I heard mention of a fixing firmware, can you have it?
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha idrovolante,

Yes, there was a firmware update that did fix that problem.  What version of the DJI GO 4 app are you using?  Is your Aircraft and Remote Controller firmware up-to-date?  What versions show in the "About" folder of the General Settings page.

As an alternative, I had that problem once and found out that just reversing the IMU and Gimbal calibration order fixed the problem.  But the new IMU calibration method makes that much more difficult.

Please update us on the versions you are using so we can help you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current firmware of your aircraft and controller? Please check Cetacean‘s suggestions and keep us updated. Thank you in advance.
2017-7-26
Use props
FIT101
New
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

Not to Hijack this thread, but while we're on the subject, I believe I have the same issue as the OP. I took back my first 4 Pro to Best Buy because the gimbal would calibrate a few degrees to the left and stay there. I updated the firmware and did full calibration of the IMU and gimbal, but the Camera remained a few degrees to the left. When the replacement 4 Pro came in it had the same issue right out of the box, did the software updates and full calibrations but still has the same issue. It's 4 days old... is there a solution for this or should I return this unit as well?

Thank you
2017-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FIT101 Posted at 2017-7-26 12:30
Not to Hijack this thread, but while we're on the subject, I believe I have the same issue as the OP. I took back my first 4 Pro to Best Buy because the gimbal would calibrate a few degrees to the left and stay there. I updated the firmware and did full calibration of the IMU and gimbal, but the Camera remained a few degrees to the left. When the replacement 4 Pro came in it had the same issue right out of the box, did the software updates and full calibrations but still has the same issue. It's 4 days old... is there a solution for this or should I return this unit as well?

Thank you

According to the release note for DJI Go 4, the latest version v4.1.4 introduces "Gimbal yaw tuning" for the P4 series. You could check that out, I suspect it may be firmware dependant as well, I've not seen it yet in my P4 menus.
2017-7-26
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

It could be the earth is misaligned where you are.
2017-7-26
Use props
FIT101
New
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

I seem to have cured the problem with some calibration instructions I found in another thread. All is well and the earth is aligned Dave 0
2017-7-26
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

For the minute ;)
2017-7-27
Use props
idrovolante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45515 ft
Italy

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-25 23:53
Aloha idrovolante,

Yes, there was a firmware update that did fix that problem.  What version of the DJI GO 4 app are you using?  Is your Aircraft and Remote Controller firmware up-to-date?  What versions show in the "About" folder of the General Settings page.

I've installed the latest versions available for all devices, If I have to do some calibration in a particular way, tell me Cetacean as well
2017-7-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

idrovolante Posted at 2017-7-31 06:30
I've installed the latest versions available for all devices, If I have to do some calibration in a particular way, tell me Cetacean as well

Aloha idrovolante,

What version of Assistant 2 are you using?  The reason we need to know what is displayed on your "About" page is because the latest updates are not always what they seem.  We need numbers to determine if the latest update is really the latest update.

Recently, i was using "the latest updates".  And I refreshed the latest update a number of times only to find out that my delivery system was out-of-date and I was refreshing out-of-date firmware.  

It happens to all of us.  Our only clue sometimes is that, our bird or system is not flying right.  Then we have to dig for a solution until it flies the way DJI designed with the current technology.  That is the nature of cutting edge technology, especially when there are devices being used that are beyond the designers control.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules