Video Cache; Just A Quick Reminder About Audio
1652 4 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookies & Java
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just a quick reminder that the cache kept on your phone through the DJI app uses the phone's internal mic to record audio. This can be a god send in some situations.
The app basically works the same as if connected to a drone. The cached version it writes directly to the phone is low resolution and uses the phone's mic(s), which makes it useles for video but sometimes useful for audio.

While on holiday, I took my Osmo to a conference and got roped into recording an interview someone was doing. I should have flat out said no, since I didn't have my external mic on me. I naively thought the internal Osmo mic would be okay - boy was I wrong.

I imported the footage off the SD Card and, of course, the person interviewed sounded like they were deep underwater with the inteference of the Osmo internals whirring and clicking away. It was garbage. With my head in my hands, I felt it was time to write an email appoligising.

Then I remembered about the cached version in the app. I exported it, transfered it to my PC, and low and behold, audio from the phone which was 100 times better. Problem solved.

This really saved me and might save you in the future, not just with terrible audio, but microphone interference, or simply failing to turn an external mic on. While you are controlling from your phone, it's always there, recording audio itself.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your share and sorry for the trouble that has been caused.
The audio in video caches is recorded by mobile device, it may useful if there is something wrong with the footage in SD card.
We will keep improving our audio quality of the internal mic.
Appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans49c64ff2
lvl.2
United States

I ckd my video cache The videos are there but audio files are separate. And they are not mp3.
2017-7-28
Use props
Brunovision
New
Mexico

And with wich phone you can record audio???    I tried so many times to record audio cache in a samsung S7 and with an Iphone S5 and always have mute videos with DJI GO 3...  I just cant believe the inner mics of my two devices are not working...
2017-7-31
Use props
djiuser_oZC7aCz
Banned

Vietnam

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules