Software to increase Transmission strengh
1380 5 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I have seen several Andriod products that state you and bump up your power on your TX and I assume RX.  One such progam is DJI Phantom Flight. It seems to me the if you increase the power there is a heating issue to go with this.  Who has tried these and what is a save level?  Thanks

2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I have used that feature in their other software:
DJI Ultimate Flight

Remember each 3 dBm increase doubles the power. The correct way to use these types of programs it to just use the power you need.

The other issues is just because you increase the power does not mean the power output will increase. If the system is overdriven the output power transmitted will either go down or stay staturated and excess heat will be generated. To much power might also damage your the finals of the transmitter.

I would definitely decrease that 27 dBm setting on both transmitters.
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use this one: it's free: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... c.visionplusutility
2015-3-23
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-24 04:52
I use this one: it's free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taco_rc.visionplusutili ...

Thanks I have seen this too.  The next question is are these power settings safe?  Will they create heat and damage the boards or chips?
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-3-24 05:57
Thanks I have seen this too.  The next question is are these power settings safe?  Will they creat ...

That is the debate around changing the these settings.  More power means more heat and also more drain; I don't know if the actuals have been researched but it's been suggested that increasing power can have a result of burning out Wi-Fi modules.  Many people I've read are opening up the modules and adding additional heat transferring materials and there are may threads about that.
2015-3-23
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

The boosters have been around and used on v2 v3 models for over a year with no complains or documented damage.  Lots of positive feedback for all of the apps.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules